Singles Social Club: It's 5 o'clock somewhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. It was 7 AM yesterday when I last posted here and nearly 10 pages have passed since then. 10 pages in a day and a half...Man, I miss so much.

Anyway, I need a little advice. I just got back the results from my insurance concerning my car. To get to the point, it was totaled during that hailstorm two weeks ago. For those that may not know, a total loss means that the cost to repair the car outweighs the total value of the vehicle. I checked the total estimates from my insurance report and, to give you an idea of the value of the car, the cost to repair the whole vehicle would cost me around $4K.

Now, here's the dilemma. I can't afford to handle car payments as I'm still in debt. Besides, even though the hail damage is clearly visible, the windshields are still in great condition and my car still runs rather well despite its age (It's a 1999 model). But at the same time, I'm wanting to get a new car (or at least something a little more dependable to be on the road). So, my choices are:

A.) Turn in the vehicle and pay the deductible so I can get start on a new car.

or

B.) Keep the vehicle and get a check that covers the cost of the car (minus the deductible) and drive around in a hunk of junk until I can afford a new one.

I plan on calling my insurance company tomorrow when things are slow at work (HA!!) so I can get the exact details from my claim. But any advice here would be very well appreciated. :thumbsup2

generally when they total the car, you have to buy it back, which costs around 200 bucks, then you have to get a salvage title, you could carry collision insurance, but what would ahppen is if you get in an accident, they come to look at car and see you didn't fix hail damage so they basically won't give you anything for body work, if there was engine damage etc in accident they should cover that, but odds are the cost would be enough for them to total car again.

sometimes depending on car and repair costs, you can get them to cut a check for less than total repair costs, and not total the car...to do that you have to convince them that replacing it with a comparable car, would cost way more than the claim ..

Yes, and there are pictures to prove your Harem, whereas the videos were only alluded to ;) I also noticed that Kelly has disappeared, Kyle seems to have run off as well (or real life pulled them away). I know I'll have to cut back some when my trip is over or you evil people will have me planning another before I can afford it ;)

I sure hope the kids enjoy the trip half as much as I've enjoyed planning it :rotfl: I also hope we can manage the heat, I'm going to try to get us all slightly acclimated before we go, at least Indiana is ridiculously humid as well....

Pictures just prove i have female friends, not the existence of a harem. :)

And you won't leave us. you enjoy our company too much to pull away.

I know I'll have to cut back some when my trip is over or you evil people will have me planning another before I can afford it ;)l....

but it's good to start planning before you can afford it, that gives you incentive to save :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

but it's good to start planning before you can afford it, that gives you incentive to save :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

See, this used to be my way of thinking. Then I decided it was just cheaper to live here. . .however, I now know that is truly not the case. It just means I meet up with more people who come here and end up spending more money in the parks and less on airfare. . .lol.

Disney math. . .gotta love it.

She wasn't the only one with the booty shaking video. altoqueenKelly also had one, but she's mysteriously disappeared.

:rotfl
And somehow my Harem is another topic that doesn't get forgotten about.

Woah, theres videos? Shake... I mean share. ;-)
No worries, I think its good that there is this much conversation going on.
I have been a part of this board since 2005 and I haven't been active at all. (Again, I blame work and myself)
Well, got to get to it.. hope you all have a Dis-riffic Day.
I'm shaking my booty right now. :dance3: Oh...you can't see that?
Sooorry. :rotfl:

the nice thing about this group is if you get pulled away for a bit and have several pages swing by, you can always just jump back into the conversation when you get back. We are random enough that sometimes the conversations you'd catch up on 4 pages back are about 6 topics ago.
:rotfl:

This is my fave part about this group. . .I never really feel the need to catch up. I just dive in. . .lol.

for some reason my previous post showed up again, I couldn't figure out what to say to replace it, and just putting duplicate post seemd to obvious..

Ahhhh, I get it. . .lol.

Hey Darcy :) when are you roadtripping this summer? I know you'll be in california in early june.

Going to Vegas and Cali for my son's graduation, but flying, not driving. Only going to be gone for a week. Hopefully, will head to England in early September. No other trips planned at this time. Too many people going to be here. . .lol.

One of these days you won't be able to get away with just the tease.
we will see the video!
Again, there is a difference between a harem, and a large group of female companions.

umm apparently not really..

har·em   /ˈhɛərəm, ˈhær-/ Show Spelled
[hair-uhm, har-] Show IPA

–noun
1. the part of a Muslim palace or house reserved for the residence of women.
2. the women in a Muslim household, including the mother, sisters, wives, concubines, daughters, entertainers, and servants.
3. Animal Behavior . a social group of females, as elephant seals, accompanied or followed by one fertile male who denies other males access to the group. EXPAND
4. Facetious or Offensive . a group of women associated in any way with one man or household: Father joked that he had a harem of five daughters.
COLLAPSE

Ahhhh, I get it. . .lol.

Going to Vegas and Cali for my son's graduation, but flying, not driving. Only going to be gone for a week. Hopefully, will head to England in early September. No other trips planned at this time. Too many people going to be here. . .lol.

England sounds fun! Are you going to visit Graeme?

–noun
2. the women in a Muslim household, including the mother, sisters, wives, concubines, daughters, entertainers, and servants.
3. Animal Behavior . a social group of females, as elephant seals, accompanied or followed by one fertile male who denies other males access to the group. EXPAND
4. Facetious or Offensive . a group of women associated in any way with one man or household: Father joked that he had a harem of five daughters.
COLLAPSE

This is perfect. . .he will never ever be able to say there is a difference again. . .lol.

England sounds fun! Are you going to visit Graeme?

I will probably see him when I am there, but I am actually going to London to visit some friends I have there. I am planning one day in the country to hopefully visit him and a couple others I know out that way.

One of these days you won't be able to get away with just the tease.
we will see the video!

Again, there is a difference between a harem, and a large group of female companions.
Honestly, I'm kinda surprised you're still willing to settle for the video. You're going to see me in a couple months. If I were you, I'd be going for a live performance.:rotfl:

–noun
COLLAPSE

I need a harem to help with bills, housecleaning, child-rearing and babysitting (so I cna do more solo trips) . If DC wont claim them, send them to Jersey!
:surfweb:

umm apparently not really.

–noun
COLLAPSE

This is great! I don't think there can be any argument.

One note: Look at definition three. "elephant seals" Really people?? That was the best you could come up with to describe a sociable group of women? :confused::rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter