Singles Only Resort...?

Are you interested in "Singles Only" resort accommodations at Walt Disney World?

• Definitely! About time WDW caters to the singles market.

• Maybe...I'd go by myself if this option were available...

• No way! We're a family and we always go together.

Results are only viewable after voting.

larryz

Rogue Five
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
OK, maybe not a whole resort, but how about a wing, or a building (or a block of rooms at the end of the hall)...

Would anyone here be looking for just such accommodations in the World? What level would you be willing to pay for? Deluxe? Moderate? Value?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Why, what would be the purpose? You could request the same for those without children, those with grown/older children, etc. "Single" covers a wide range of people, from young partiers to widowed senior citizens. They don't have anything more in common than they would with families with children, honeymooners, etc. A whole resort? Possibly, but it doesn't really make much sense at WDW. Singles are a special group?

My guess is you're referring to an overall small demographic at WDW, true (not in a relationship)singles in their 20's and 30's which probably makes up less than 5% of visitors to WDW. Sounds like looking for an easier way to "hook up" to me. I don't think this is what Walt Disney had in mind. JMHO.

And my vote was no, but not because I liked the choices you gave. We dont' take our entire family every time, but my DH and I do always vacation together.

Hard choice. I thought at times it would be nice adult only but if you are looking for peace & quiet you are not going to get it at an adult only resort or single resort. ;) But in all fairness I would say no and hope for a wing that doesn't have a lot of families :rotfl:

I think you needed to add a 4th opinion to your poll.

I would NOT go to a singles resort or wing because I am 57 years old and married.

However, if WDW decided to give singles an option of a having an area of the resort for singles only I have no problem with it.

Just my 2 cents.

I think you needed to add a 4th opinion to your poll.

I would NOT go to a singles resort or wing because I am 57 years old and married.

However, if WDW decided to give singles an option of a having an area of the resort for singles only I have no problem with it.

Just my 2 cents.

That would be my vote as well.

Wouldn't use it since I'm not single, dont care if they make one for singles though. Poll may just as well say "are you single or not" IMO.

Lets see. We have a poll for adults only, family only and singles only .
They all wish a separate resort and will pay also for it.

Disney must be already hiring safety guards and security people to keep al those different guests separated.

Wooha, help police a kid in the adults only resort.

Call the FBI a single in the family resort . O my god where’s security? An adult couple in the single resort.

Disney will never ,ever even think of such resorts after reading the comments here on this boards.

Everyone is defending “his” virtual resort like a dog his bone. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Hummm. I think you need to add another option to your poll. I wouldn't go to a "singles" resort or wing, but I would go to an "adult only" resort or wing. I can't vote on your poll because my option isn't available. :(

Do you seriously mean singles, or did you mean adults? :confused:

I vote No Way! Even when me and my wife went without our DD before she was born, we had no problem staying anywhere there were kids (we stayed offsite but still didn't mind). I'd never visit a WDW resort that was for adults only. :stir:

......Disney will never ,ever even think of such resorts after reading the comments here on this boards........

I respectfuly disagree.

If Disney sees there is enough interest in a certain type of resort and feels that it can make a good profit with a certain type of resort or room type than yes Disney will build them.

When WDW first opened they only had monorail resorts and Ft. Wilderness.

In the 1980's WDW paired up with Priemer Cruise Lines to offer a Disney Cruise. They also had the option of a land - sea cruise.

Too many of the monorail rooms were being filled by cruise guests so WDW built and opened up a resort (CBR) with smaller rooms (that only slept 4 instead of 5) so that they could put some of the guests who cruised in a room that was not as pricey as the monorail resorts.

They found a large portion of WDW guests who were not cruising also liked the option of staying at a less expensive resort.

Then came DVC for more options.

Then came POR the AB section--A more affordable option than a deluxe resort for families with 3 children.

Then came the Family Suites --- a new option for families with 4 children.

WDW has built lots of new resorts and added more room type options.

At this time WDW is exporing an adult only resort.
Since WDW is doing the asking my thoughts are it may already be in the works.

Just my 2 cents

I respectfuly disagree.

If Disney sees there is enough interest in a certain type of resort and feels that it can make a good profit with a certain type of resort or room type than yes Disney will build them.

When WDW first opened they only had monorail resorts and Ft. Wilderness.

In the 1980's WDW paired up with Priemer Cruise Lines to offer a Disney Cruise. They also had the option of a land - sea cruise.

Too many of the monorail rooms were being filled by cruise guests so WDW built and opened up a resort (CBR) with smaller rooms (that only slept 4 instead of 5) so that they could put guests who cruised in the lower catagoiers in a room that was not as pricey as the monorail resorts.

They found a large portion of WDW guests who were not cruising also liked the option of staying at a less expensive resort.

Then came DVC for more options.

Then came POR the AB section--A more affordable option than a deluxe resort for families with 3 children.

Then came the Family Suites --- a more option for families with 4 children.

WDW has built lots of new resorts and added more room type options.

At this time WDW is exporing an adult only resort.
Since WDW is doing the asking my thoughts are it may already be in the works.

Just my 2 cents

That was before we came to the : I and me only way of thinking.

Politeness, courtesy ore giving each other some space seem to be words that only exist in a dictionary.
Its all about ME ,ME, ME and if I don’t get neither will you.

By building separated hotels for separated groups Disney will only encourage people to such behaviour.

But lets wait and see what the future will bring us. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter