• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Singles(& ex-singles who refuse to leave)Social Club: Amazingly, It's still 5o'clock!

That's awesome! Definitely somewhere I've always wanted to go. I'm jealous you get summers off!

:) DW and I quit our jobs to do this. We definitely don't get summers off. I wish we did! XD

Tell ya what.... Let us know when you get wherever and then we'll just say that's where you ended up. ;)

:rotfl::rotfl:

:lmao: Will do bud. Might be in Orlando in Mid-October for about 10 days. Will know better closer to the date.

:) DW and I quit our jobs to do this. We definitely don't get summers off. I wish we did! XD

:lmao: Will do bud. Might be in Orlando in Mid-October for about 10 days. Will know better closer to the date.

Well, still jealous! Traveling out west is definitely high on my list. :)

Okay, I have a silly question to ask of all of you. I mentioned party and dancing as the fun at my reception and got negative comments regarding having dancing. Some were to the extent of "oh, aren't you two too old to have dancing at your reception?". and. . ."fun? Isn't a wedding a solemn experience?". If these comments were from really old people I would just ignore them. One was from a 30-something and the other from a 42 year old. Wow, when did having fun become an age thing. My question for all of you is, would you question someone at my age wanting to have fun, dance and party on her wedding day?

I know the answer but can't wait for the rhetoric. . .love you all.

Okay, I have a silly question to ask of all of you. I mentioned party and dancing as the fun at my reception and got negative comments regarding having dancing. Some were to the extent of "oh, aren't you two too old to have dancing at your reception?". and. . ."fun? Isn't a wedding a solemn experience?". If these comments were from really old people I would just ignore them. One was from a 30-something and the other from a 42 year old. Wow, when did having fun become an age thing. My question for all of you is, would you question someone at my age wanting to have fun, dance and party on her wedding day?

What? Lol. Jeez. I haven't been to many weddings. But I'm pretty sure dancing is like mandatory. If it makes you happy Darcy, have the dancing. It's your wedding after all. I mean. Don't we sometimes get flak for liking Disney even if "it's for kids!?" Just my two cents

nurse.darcy said:

I don't know how old you are but I'm going to be 36 and I couldn't imagine a wedding where there was not dancing and since its a happy occasion I would expect you to be having the time of your life! It was your special day, live it up!

Oh it's Totally a solemn experience.

We are planning on playing this as Rachel walks down the aisle, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyFyAqLtHq8

And everyone will be wearing black, including her veil.

We want to make sure that it's a super-serious affair and that everybody realizes that this is not a moment to be happy about, celebrate, or generally have any fun whatsoever with anything even remotely related to this totally solemn experience.

:rolleyes:

Okay so I pretty much knew the answer to this question, it was fun to ask. I am still floored that people said this to me. . .2 people to be exact. . .out of 100.

Okay so I pretty much knew the answer to this question, it was fun to ask. I am still floored that people said this to me. . .2 people to be exact. . .out of 100.

Uninvite them!

But seriously the dancing is my favorite part of a wedding but even if it weren't it's YOUR day so you should do what makes you happy!

pirate:

???:eek: seriously. someone said that

geez, at my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary party, people danced all night, and took up a collection to get the band to play longer..

heck, it's your wedding day, if you want juggling monkeys, you should have juggling monkeys, if people have an issue with what you want to do at your wedding, tell them to talk to The Pyrate... don't let anyone rain on your parade pirate:

pirate:

geez, at my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary party, people danced all night, and took up a collection to get the band to play longer..

heck, it's your wedding day, if you want juggling monkeys, you should have juggling monkeys, if people have an issue with what you want to do at your wedding, tell them to talk to The Pyrate... don't let anyone rain on your parade pirate:

OMG, lol, that cracked me up.

Seriously, I am just sometimes amazed at what people will say. Sometimes I think people say stuff like that because they are jealous and don't want you to be happy. I am sure the 2 in question will not be at the wedding so no "debbie downers", but ya know. . .really? Just say "have fun". Oh, and I am totally doing what I want. Its a classic wedding with touches of beach thrown in here and there. . .not much, just touches.

We are planning on playing this as Rachel walks down the aisle, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyFyAqLtHq8

We want to make sure that it's a super-serious affair and that everybody realizes that this is not a moment to be happy about, celebrate, or generally have any fun whatsoever with anything even remotely related to this totally solemn experience.

LOL, Daryl

Well, still jealous! Traveling out west is definitely high on my list. :)

I just got up here yesterday and it is BEAUTIFUL! I don't want to ever leave!! :rotfl:

Best to you, I am sure you made a great decision !!!

Thanks! I don't regret it one bit!

Ummmm... WHAT?! Weddings are a solemn occasion? When the hell did that happen?! haha. I agree with the pyrate on this one hun. Do it like you want to! Screw everyone else!

hahahhahaha

pirate:

Dude that's awesome! Darcy- you NEED to have juggling monkeys now, you do realize that right?! :lmao::rotfl2:

Hey there my little mouseketeers! Just hopping in to say hi...had an amazing birthday yesterday...started out the safari and then Epcot all day topped off by dinner at Victoria and Albert's with my bff. Terrific day and now I'm sad its ending... anyway heading out to spend some time with the bff and one more day at the park...

I remember how fun you both are, party it up, I will be partying with ya! Never too old to have fun, and you guys are not old BTW!:)

As a recently married woman, my two cents....do whatever makes you and Tony happy and don't worry about what anyone else says or thinks!

Hey there my little mouseketeers! Just hopping in to say hi...had an amazing birthday yesterday...started out the safari and then Epcot all day topped off by dinner at Victoria and Albert's with my bff. Terrific day and now I'm sad its ending... anyway heading out to spend some time with the bff and one more day at the park...

Sounds like you had a fantastic birthday, sorry we couldn't meet up but we were just so busy.

ctnurse said:
As a recently married woman, my two cents....do whatever makes you and Tony happy and don't worry about what anyone else says or thinks!

Sounds like you had a fantastic birthday, sorry we couldn't meet up but we were just so busy.

Honey its all good :-) ....I was just as busy and now I'm watching wishes for the last time this trip. Also, I must head home tomorrow but I'm sure we will catch each other soon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter