Single Rider

isaspas

Earning My Ears
Are they any rides that a solo person rides by themselves or will you always be pair up withsome

Are they any rides that a solo person rides by themselves or will you always be pair up withsome

You can sometimes sit "alone."

Just ask.
The answer will depend on the ride, the crowd-level at the time you are there, and the CM loading the ride.

If your solo. Disney always situates you so you can ride alone. Only time they will situate you otherwise is if it's a boat ride like pirates or small world. Test track you'll ride with others as well. But in most cases they do a pretty good job letting you ride solo.

Peace + Love = Walt Disney World!!!

If you want to ride alone because you are in fact alone then just tell them. All they can do is say no.

If your solo.

Disney always situates you so you can ride alone.

"Always" is a pretty big claim.

In a normal day, there will be several ride situations where a solo guest
will be seated next to others.

I remember a few years ago I rode Everist and I used the single rider line. When I got to the ride they put me in a seat next to a kid that looked to be 12 or 13 , his father and brother were in front of us. The kid was freaked out and all he could say through most of the ride was " Dad who is this guy "

The only time I've been paired up with some one was when the ride has a Single Rider Line. They fill every seat on those.

Other than that, I've always said party of one and been seated solo.

Okay had to edit. There are rides where there are individual seats but those seats form a line right next to each other like Soarin, Mission Space or Star Tours or Kali River Rapids.

Also Space mountain (every seat is single but the car has multiple single in a row),

I was just there with 2 friends. Being we were an odd number, one of us sometimes had to sit alone. When we did the Mine Ride, one time my one friend was solo and the other seat was empty, another time I was the solo and they sat a guy with me. So it really depends on how they are loading. With the long lines on the Mine Ride, I would not expect them to leave a seat empty if they could fill it.

I was wondering about 7DMT for solos - I figured they would probably fill every seat, since there are individual restraints.

I have been going solo during lower crowd times in early February. I have not done EE or RnRC, but have done Test Track (single rider) and obviously been seated with other guests to fill the cars.

I have not been seated with anyone on a ride with a single restraint/no restraint and a "2-person" row (BTMRR, Splash, etc) or a ride vehicle that is usually for 1-3 people in the same party (HM, Pan, etc.). On Pooh, I've always had a seat to myself, with another party in the seat in front or behind.

On the boat rides, I have more often than not had a seat to myself (usually the narrower seat in the front or back row), but sometimes been seated with another party of 1 or 2 (so not cramped). On the Safari, I've always been seated with another party of 1 or 2 - we each have a "side" of the vehicle and again not cramped.

There was a thread here, though, from late last year I think, where people reported being packed into rows with strangers on rides like Pirates, so I'm sure it depends a lot on the crowds.

My experience was similar to karly05. The Safari CM at AK actually apologized to me for putting me in a row with another couple. I said 'no problem!" I was paired with a rather large man on SDMT who seemed to be uncomfortable by the seat size, but it was such a short ride it was fine! I was not alone on Dinosaur, but was given my own car on Primeval Whirl. On Pirates and Small World I was in a row by myself. (I think on Maelstrom, Living with the Land, and the 3 Caballeros one also). On rides I did single rider I was obviously not by myself.

Sometimes I'm seated alone, but I've been seated with someone else on Rockin Rollercoaster, Expedition Everest, Primeval Whirl. None of these times was a high volume week, but it was a busy week.

Been on 7DMT 4 times with odd number and always got a "hitchhiker". Watching them they are working at filling every seat.

I remember a few years ago I rode Everist and I used the single rider line. When I got to the ride they put me in a seat next to a kid that looked to be 12 or 13 , his father and brother were in front of us. The kid was freaked out and all he could say through most of the ride was " Dad who is this guy "

On the same ride last year, they paired me with a young lady. She looked at me and said to her family, " I don't want to ride with him". Luckily, her sister must have felt sorry for me and said i'll ride with him.

Sometimes I'm seated alone, but I've been seated with someone else on Rockin Rollercoaster, Expedition Everest, Primeval Whirl. None of these times was a high volume week, but it was a busy week.

I've never done Primeval Whirl - did they seat someone in the same half of the car with you, or another party in the "other half" of the car?

RnRC and EE have single rider lines so they can fill every seat. That's why I was curious about how they fill seats on 7DMT, since it has individual restraints like those.

Question for solos on 7DMT - there's no single rider line for that, correct? Do CMs sometimes ask for single riders in the line and bring them forward to fill seats?

I've never done Primeval Whirl - did they seat someone in the same half of the car with you, or another party in the "other half" of the car?

The young girl was seated in the other half of the car. We each had plenty of room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter