In DL:

Splash Mountain
Indiana Jones

In DCA:
Goofy's Sky School
Grizzly River Run
Soarin' over California
California Screamin'

Tell the CM at the front that you'd like to use the Single Rider line. They will give you a paper pass when necessary or direct you to the SR entrance.

Single Rider lines are amazing.

Let me tell you a small story about them.... at WDW, the line for Expedition Everest was like 55 minutes long. So, my GF and I decided to go through the single rider line instead and we ended up riding it FOUR TIMES in under FIFTEEN MINTUES. :rotfl: That's pretty damn good if you ask me. Especially with how long the regular line was.

As the FP volunteer for my family, I will jump in the SRL when possible. For example, I had 15 minutes before I could get IJ FPs, so I grabbed a SRL ticket and was out in 16 minutes! Screaming is always a quick SRL, so I will usually jump in that line when obtaining FPs for that ride too. :)

When Indy is very busy (The ride attraction, not the archaeologist) SRL is very beneficial indeed. This is the only ride attraction that I have visited so far, that has offered SRL.
I don't know about now, but this past April, the FP system for BTMRR was especially nice, what with the way we the traffic had been re-routed for such. I loved that too.

Do you know if they will let a 7 year old ride a single rider line? I am traveling alone with my 2 sons. I had a plan for some of the more busier rides to do the single rider lines. My older son would go first, then my younger son, then me. My older would wait for my younger and then go to a meeting spot. My older son is pretty responsible, but I am not sure if they would let my younger guy do some of the rides alone even though he has no fear much to my dismay.

Do you know if they will let a 7 year old ride a single rider line? I am traveling alone with my 2 sons. I had a plan for some of the more busier rides to do the single rider lines. My older son would go first, then my younger son, then me. My older would wait for my younger and then go to a meeting spot. My older son is pretty responsible, but I am not sure if they would let my younger guy do some of the rides alone even though he has no fear much to my dismay.

That is a tough question. I've seen young people in the SR lines but not at 7 the borderline age to ride alone. The main problem is the SR lines takes you well into the queue area, so you and the younger one may be far apart when DS7 is encountering questioning CMs. Unless someone has specific experience trying this, you may have to test it when there.

SRL lines were the most frustrating part about my trip to DLR. I truly appreciate their existence, especially since I was traveling alone, but on several attractions you have to go in and out of an elevator, sometimes twice, and no one took into account who was in line first. Especially on Screamin'. There were about 8 people behind me in line and once we got in the elevator, no one seemed to care about that. Then, once we got to the actual loading area, we were in a clump just throwing our hands up in the air to show our tickets and whoever raced forward first won. People from a second elevator even cut in front of us! I know that I still waited a fraction of the time I would have, and maybe it was the rudeness people around me, but as a WDW vet used to getting in a SRL for Everest and staying there until it was my turn, the whole experience was very frustrating. After doing 3 separate rides as a single rider, I gave up and just started fastpassing.

Do you know if they will let a 7 year old ride a single rider line?

If no one here has any experience, I'd ask at Indy's entrance and hopefully they will give you a good answer. I like Single Rider on Indy for a couple reasons. In many cases it's considerably faster than the Fastpass line. And you're at the end in a row of 4, which somehow seems less awkward to me than sitting next to just one stranger. (It just seems weird to me to ride in a coaster next to someone I've never met.) And IF they let you do SR with your family on Indy, it's not impossible that your younger son would end up in a car with you or your older son (like I went and was placed in the same car as my friend, but one row behind).

Single Rider can be very hit-or-miss on Soarin'--I don't think I'd even try it WITHOUT kids unless maybe I was alone. We were in the FP line and after we were queued up in the theater lines, they put a Single Rider at the end of our line. I don't know if the CM miscounted or what, but there was not room for her in the row they'd put her in! :scared1: Not sure what happened to her from there.

Even if everything went fine, you'd be spending several minutes separated from your 7-year-old while waiting, and your older son could possibly have to wait 10-20 minutes for you and your younger son. There's also a rush of people when you exit Soarin', so your older son and younger son might not even see each other. Or I don't know if this is possible based on loading orders and exit locations, but if younger and older son are in the same theater but younger son got to the exit first, he could get confused. So I'd just get FPs for Soarin', at least.

Love SR lines at DLR! Love them! Wish they would bring them back to TSMM. DD and I would ride TSMM many times when they had it!

As to the age question-my DD11 is small for her age. Until about a year ago they would always asked her age when riding single. It got to the point that she wanted me to make her a button she could point to that said she was "9"! The minimum age to ride alone is 7. That's what I was always told (when she was 8, 9, and yes, even sometimes 10).

DD11 rides GRR many times as a single rider. Most times she waits little, or no time. When you look at the rafts as they go by you will see them with many empty seats.

I love the Indy SR line. Many times (I'd say about 50%) DD11 and I will either still be seated together or at least in the same vehicle. If not we agree on a spot to wait for each other. Sometimes the person who loads first is not the first one out. Depends on how they enter at the start.

We too absolutely love SR on EE! Maximizes our ride time. Of course the best time we had on EE was the evening when we hurried over to AK from EPCOT and entered AK with less than 1/2 hour to ride. We quick walked through AK and managed to ride EE (in regular line) 4 times. There was no line to speak of and we even meet another woman doing the same thing. We had a great time!

I would not send a 7 year old on SR. I have seen people do it and it breaks my heart to see the lonely child on the ride. I personally think DLR should set a minimum age at 10 or maybe 12 years old.

I guess it all depends on the child. ;)I didn't let mine do it until she was 9 but she enjoys doing SR and talking to new people. The only ones I let her do, alone, are GRR and MM-now Goofy's Flying School. Mostly since I don't want to get soaked (unless it's really hot) and I can only take MM in small doses while she loves it. Great thing about MM (now Goofy's) is you can see where they are during most of the ride.

I don't have children, but I do have very young nieces and nephews. My nephew is 7, he is very mature for his age. And a smart kid at that. But... I personally would not let him out of my sight. Because if he becomes nervous being around too many strangers, or some weirdo might give him a complex by doing or saying god only knows what? No way Jose, would I let him alone for that length of time. Plus if anything were to happen to him, my sister would kill me. Forget it man, no way....But then, that is me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter