Single Rider Lines

engle

DIS Veteran
Going with 4 adults, we don't care that we all sit together but want to ride without TOOOO long of lines. Anyone know of a list of all single rider lines? Here are the ones I know of for sure....

Epcot
Test Track
Mission Space

Anyone know if Everest or Dino have single rider lines? How about Toy Story Mania or RNRC???

the only attractions that have single rider lines are Expedition Everest, Test Track and Rock'n'Roller Coaster

And I just asked DH...he has a picture of me standing in the single rider line for Dino..that was 2 years ago so....

I did the RnRC single rider line last year with my 3 cousins. We all got on right after one another. So we were within 3-4 minutes behind the other one. It only took maybe 20 minutes to do the single riders line, where-as the stand by line would have taken probably over an hour. I have gotten lucky in past trips to do the singles line w. family and still wind up riding at the same time, just not right next to eachother.

Dinosaur did not have a single rider line 2 years ago to my knowledge. Not sure it ever did, even as CTX.

M:S did once have a single rider line but that was done away with when they broke it up between orange and green.

my answer above is correct.

I just googled "single rider lines" and orlandoflorida.net shows that TSM does allow a single rider line...I don't remember this last year and maybe it's something that started up when it first opened and they got rid of it. :confused3

yes, when the attraction first opened, it had a single rider option for the first couple of months or so.

not any longer. only the three I mentioned above.

Last year I went with my family, and we didn't care if we were in the ride together, we ask everytime we were on a ride and a lot of rides have this single rider thing, I think that not to many people know about this, just ask and they would tell you!:thumbsup2

a lot of rides have this single rider thing, I think that not to many people know about this, just ask and they would tell you!

Not at WDW...only the three attractions previously listed have a single rider line.

Mission Space, TSM and Soarin' used to have them, but did away with them.

It was probably my faught they did away with the single line at TSM. During a soft opening day I probably rode 10 or 12 times. The cast member at the head of the line remembered me after the first couple and started making comments about abusing the system.

It was probably my faught they did away with the single line at TSM. During a soft opening day I probably rode 10 or 12 times. The cast member at the head of the line remembered me after the first couple and started making comments about abusing the system.
I don't understand how riding several times in a row is abusing the system. If you are a single rider why not use the line designated for you? Aren't they similar to FP where you miss the cool queue anyway? It would be great if they had more SR lines, but I understand why they don't, that is a lot of lines to cover (up to three plus the FP machines).

I rode in the TSM single ride a couple times when it opened. I was told it was closed because people were honked off because they ended up waiting as long in the single rider line as they did in the regular line.

I wonder if they changed the queue and removed the single rider line during last month's refurb.

Not at WDW...only the three attractions previously listed have a single rider line.

Mission Space, TSM and Soarin' used to have them, but did away with them.

Space mountain used to have a single rider line (only used in peak seasons) and for a VERY short period, splash also had a single rider (that disappeared very quickly).

It was probably my fault they did away with the single line at TSM. During a soft opening day I probably rode 10 or 12 times. The cast member at the head of the line remembered me after the first couple and started making comments about abusing the system.

I don't understand why using single rider would be considered "abusing" the system. Everyone has the right to use the single rider lines and any they might as well fill those empty seats, it's not like the single rider line makes standby waits longer...:confused3 I think those commenting about abusing the system just didn't do their research in the first place.

the 'issue' with TSM's single rider was that groups of guests were going up to use it repeatedly. not an issue in itself, but the line got so backed up and quite frankly, 4 isn't number that lends itself well to empty spaces. so they had to often shut the line off as it was until it cleared and they could open it again.

more trouble than it was worth. it still exists at DCA, but they don't have FP for it.

it still exists at DCA, but they don't have FP for it.

They got rid of it at DCA. And it wasn't open very often when they did have it.

The DLR has more SRL's than WDW, most on rides that are similar to the rides at WDW. Soarin' has it - you get a pass at the FP entrance and go through the FP queue. Grizzly River Run (basically Kali River Rapids) has it - you go through the exit to the loading area. Indy is similar to Dinosaur - the SRL is through the handicap entry. Splash has it, too - like GRR, you just go through the exit. Three other rides have it as well... 2 after next week when they close one ride (Maliboomer) for good.

I'm spoiled by them and get annoyed at the limited availability at WDW. None of them really take any extra manpower to run and the waiting area for most of the rides takes up maybe 20 sq ft somewhere off to the side of the loading area. But it seems like more large groups try to take advantage of them at WDW than at the DLR, so 20 sq ft probably isn't enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter