single rider line

A. How many attractions have this facility?

B. Does riding alone impact much on wait times?

A. Only 3.
RnRC, Test Track, and Exp. Everest.

B. Depending on the date and time (and the attraction,) it can have a major impact.
Sometimes, it can cut the wait-time way down.

I'm sure it varies, but I rode EE single rider this year and practically walked right on - which was good, I didn't have time to chicken out!

I've ridden Test Track single rider twice; once was quicker than the other but still had some wait. Nothing bad though.

I won't ride RNRC, which is the 3rd one, so can't comment on that.

Everest and TT can both be real time savers. However, RnR's single rider line often takes a long time, sometimes not much less than stand-by. I was just looking this up for someone on easyWDW, and I saw that Josh doesn't recommend using it unless the stand-by line is 30 minutes or less -- otherwise, the single rider line tends to swell.

We rarely ride RnR or TT any way but single rider. The lines generally move fairly quickly, on RnR you get the full preshow, and on TT now, you can still put a car together quickly. You will not be together with your party, but the speed of the rides make that a non issue for us. Many times we have wound up in the same Test track vehicle, if not the same row.

I have ridden the single rider line on EE, my wife refuses to go with me. I find that the time saved is outstanding. I believe that the average wait time is about 10mins or so, and I normally go at the end of March which is prime Spring Break time. I would highly recommend it.

We rarely ride RnR or TT any way but single rider. The lines generally move fairly quickly, on RnR you get the full preshow, and on TT now, you can still put a car together quickly. You will not be together with your party, but the speed of the rides make that a non issue for us. Many times we have wound up in the same Test track vehicle, if not the same row.
This. I don't understand how RNRC's single rider line is SO BAD. EE, which has the same seat configuration manages to move single riders through the line, but I was stuck in what can only be described as single rider purgatory for what felt like an eternity. . .once. Never again.

Everest and TT can both be real time savers. However, RnR's single rider line often takes a long time, sometimes not much less than stand-by. I was just looking this up for someone on easyWDW, and I saw that Josh doesn't recommend using it unless the stand-by line is 30 minutes or less -- otherwise, the single rider line tends to swell.
I find that if the standby line is under 40, the single rider tends to be 10 minutes or less. Once the standby gets to 45, more groups decide to split up and join the single rider line to save themselves time - at that point the single rider line gets too long for me to want to wait so I skip the ride altogether.

Test Track single rider saves a lot of time, haven't been on RNRC or EE

Last edited:
This. I don't understand how RNRC's single rider line is SO BAD. EE, which has the same seat configuration manages to move single riders through the line, but I was stuck in what can only be described as single rider purgatory for what felt like an eternity. . .once. Never again.

Rock N Roller Coaster's single rider's line is bad because of the tiering system at the Studios. You cannot get a FastPass for Rock N Roller Coaster if you have one for Toy Story Mania. Many families want to do both so they FastPass Toy Story Mania and do the single riders line at Rock N Roller Coaster. That's what we do (we're two people) but have talked with families of four or more in the single riders line and that's how they do it as well. Even larger groups will do the two attractions like this as it's more fun to do Toy Story Mania as part of a group while with Rock N Roller Coaster, only two people sit together anyway so the group would not all ride "together".

Rock N Roller Coaster's single rider's line is bad because of the tiering system at the Studios. You cannot get a FastPass for Rock N Roller Coaster if you have one for Toy Story Mania. Many families want to do both so they FastPass Toy Story Mania and do the single riders line at Rock N Roller Coaster. That's what we do (we're two people) but have talked with families of four or more in the single riders line and that's how they do it as well. Even larger groups will do the two attractions like this as it's more fun to do Toy Story Mania as part of a group while with Rock N Roller Coaster, only two people sit together anyway so the group would not all ride "together".
My experience was before FP+. Maybe it was just a day where a LOT of even numbered groups were at HS.

But wouldn't this logic be the same for TT? You have to choose between Soarin' and TT, so TT single rider line should be experiencing longer waits as well.

But wouldn't this logic be the same for TT? You have to choose between Soarin' and TT, so TT single rider line should be experiencing longer waits as well.

TT with the 6 person seating in 3 rows seems to have more places to put in single riders:

1 person is a single rider...

Numbers that need single riders:
2 people riding makes for one single rider to fill in the row.
4 people will often choose to ride 2 and 2 instead of leaving someone alone, so 2 single riders (because the couple that is next in line also wants to ride side by side)
5 people will need one single rider

ONes that don't
3 people will fill a row no single rider
6 people to fill a whole car

Where on a ride that sits two by two
2 people fill a row, no single rider
4 people sit 2 by 2.
6 people sit 2 by 2 by 2.

3 people get one single rider on
5 people get one single rider on

Less chance of single riders getting on this way.

Add to the fact that I think there are more groups of 2 and 4 in lines then there are of 3 and I can see why TT moves faster. (This one is just my experience I'm not positive there really ARE more groups of 2 and 4 then of 3 and 5.)

Of course! I forgot about the seating configuration difference of the two rides. Thanks, kamik86. I'm still drinking that first cup of coffee this morning.

The other thing comparing RnR and EE is the ease of finding the SRL. At RnR there is a sign at the entrance announcing SR right beside the other 2 lines. At EE, the sign is fairly small and away from the other lines.

mkjhljhijkad3000.jpg

single-rider-expedition-everest-asia-animal-kingdom-walt-disney-world.jpg

Many times we have practically walked right on TT due to the single rider line, and this past June the woman I rode Everest with was a single rider and said she flew right through. I did too but I had a FP so it was great it was a short wait, I couldn't back out!!

I agree with PPs that RnRC is often not much of a difference at all. I've ended up waiting almost the same length as standby at points.

Does riding alone impact much on wait times?

Due to the FP+ tiers at HS and Epcot, we only rode TT and RnRC via single rider line on our last trip. TT single rider moves super quick because of the seating of three people across. Single rider line was very short in the morning (5-10 minutes), but can get long once the standby line lengthens.

RnRC is hit or miss, when we went early in the morning, only waited ~15 minutes in single rider line compared to 30-40 minute posted standby wait. Tough to estimate because you have no idea how long your wait is really going to be until you exit the pre-show, and line moves slow. Midday single rider was 45 minute wait.

Like previous poster said, EE single rider line is somewhat hidden, seems like fewer people know about it and use it. You can also see exactly how many people are in line without having to actually enter the line. Didn't use EE single rider on last trip because we didn't need to, but have always have good experience with it. Moves faster than RnRC single rider line because trains are longer and they run more trains.

Toy Story Mania has no height restriction so families with kids of all ages use the FastPass for that and then let the older kids use Rock N Roller Coaster's single riders line.

How dumb am I? I have made 3 solo trips and am about to go on my 4th and never even thought about the single rider line at TT or EE. To be honest, I've been able to walk on EE just about every time in the regular line but have skipped TT because the standby line was too long. I'm back there at the end of Sept. and will be checking out the TT line. thanks everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter