Single Parent Meets

I love the idea of people meeting each other in Disney especially if things blossom.......how utterly romantic is that?!!!
Don't really think it could work when coming from Scotland but I sooo wish all you guys luck in finding a magical partner at Disney! And if it doesn't work out, at least you will have made new friends who love Disney 2!

PS, if there is any Texas boys out there looking for a wee Scottish lassie then give me a shout! Got a thing for cowboys:blush:

Single mom with DD8 going to WDW August 7-21st. We will be hopping around to several different resorts during our stay. DD would have fun playing with kids close to her age. Anyone else going during that time frame? Maybe I will join the facebook group!

@OllieDannyandMe I'll (33) be there on the 13th - 18th with my 9 year old son. Leaving from Dallas, and Staying offsite - looking forward to a great trip!

Hope you made it to WDW today safely!

Jason

I love the idea of people meeting each other in Disney especially if things blossom.......how utterly romantic is that?!!!
Don't really think it could work when coming from Scotland but I sooo wish all you guys luck in finding a magical partner at Disney! And if it doesn't work out, at least you will have made new friends who love Disney 2!

PS, if there is any Texas boys out there looking for a wee Scottish lassie then give me a shout! Got a thing for cowboys:blush:

All you need to do is speak with your Scottish brogue and you'll have any American man wrapped around your finger! :love:

Really? Why is the Scottish accent such a turn on for you men? We are the hardest people to understand! yur eejits!

Really? Why is the Scottish accent such a turn on for you men? We are the hardest people to understand! yur eejits!

I can't explain it, but every time I hear a woman with a Scottish accent my heart races. Oh, if only Kelly McDonald knew I existed - LOL. I don't think it's that difficult to understand. There might be some dialects that are harder to understand than others, but I haven't heard one yet that I couldn't figure out. Now, Brad Pitt's Irish accent in Snatch is a totally different story. I couldn't understand a word of that :confused3

Bravegirls said:

It's just a pretty dialect. Very musical. I don't know about a "turn on", but it's nice to listen to.

TampaRobert said:
I can't explain it, but every time I hear a woman with a Scottish accent my heart races. Oh, if only Kelly McDonald knew I existed - LOL. I don't think it's that difficult to understand. There might be some dialects that are harder to understand than others, but I haven't heard one yet that I couldn't figure out. Now, Brad Pitt's Irish accent in Snatch is a totally different story. I couldn't understand a word of that :confused3

Brad Pitt is just a terrible actor that's all! Love the southern accent, there's such an old fashioned gentlemanly aspect to it that you definitely don't get here! Men dont know how to be men in this country anymore! I'm an old fashioned lass;) Glaswegian is difficult to understand, that's where I'm from. If we talk too fast then you wouldn't have a clue what we were sayn!

BensDaddy said:
It's just a pretty dialect. Very musical. I don't know about a "turn on", but it's nice to listen to.

See?! What a lovely way to look at it! I HATE hearing a Scottish accent on the TV, it's like nails down a blackboard to me!

Well, we can't control the Hollywood interpretation of your culture or your dialect, but I understand how you feel. I know that whenever they depict my profession t bothers me. (which is arguably a lot less offensive then them butchering your culture)

BensDaddy said:
Well, we can't control the Hollywood interpretation of your culture or your dialect, but I understand how you feel. I know that whenever they depict my profession t bothers me. (which is arguably a lot less offensive then them butchering your culture)

What's your profession?

BensDaddy said:

Cool! Short trips or long ones? Does it really matter when u live in America?! Hahaha! I HATE flying, I'm such a scaredy cat! I need to be brave for my daughter when we fly out to Florida or shell end up with a total irrational fear like mine! ARGH!!!

Kind of depends. The lion's share are one or two day trips. The rest are 3 to 7 day trips. Typically traveling around 3 weeks out of the month and home the other week trying to give the family undivided attention. No need to be scared of flying. It's the drive to the airport that should scare ya! ;)

BensDaddy said:
Kind of depends. The lion's share are one or two day trips. The rest are 3 to 7 day trips. Typically traveling around 3 weeks out of the month and home the other week trying to give the family undivided attention. No need to be scared of flying. It's the drive to the airport that should scare ya! ;)

Argh! Flying 3 weeks a month! That's sounds torturous! It's the taking off and landing I hate. The last time I was on a plane i was on my own and it was horrific! I lost my boarding pass and everything! I was a wreak! I don't drink but I had 3 glasses of wine by the time I landed! Hahahaha! Was only an hr flight to Bristol! Pathetic eh?!

I'm not an airline pilot so I can't speak to things like boarding passes. Lol

I'm a corporate pilot. I fly a business aircraft for a large company... Kind of a private airline if you want to think of it that way.

BensDaddy said:
I'm a corporate pilot. I fly a business aircraft for a large company... Kind of a private airline if you want to think of it that way.

I see! That's a pretty cool job to have! Like a chauffeur driven plane?! Wow! I have a job that's the complete opposite from that! I run my own home care company for the elderly:) i love it! The stories older people can tell fascinate me! What I would give to have been young in the 30s through to the 60s! But hey I'm only 32, nah chance of that!

Sounds like your job is far more honorable than mine. Caring for those who are nearing the end of life's journey seems like a noble profession. Good for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter