Single parent cruisers

TNTcruise

Earning My Ears
Are there many single parents or mostly families? Any single parents on the Wonder 1/5/06 3-nite cruise?

There are mainly families, but lots of single cruisers..Great idea to post and try to meet up with some...If you click cruise meets higher up, you can go and find yours for your date of sailing...Hope it helps..

:goodvibes

TNTcruise said:
Are there many single parents or mostly families? \

I sailed on the June 25th West Coast sailing with my two boys. Although I didn't really meet up with any other single parents, in my opinion, the Disney cruise is the BEST vacation for a single parent. My boys are 9 and 12, and pretty trustworthy. I felt comfortable giving them a fair amount of freedom, as long as they kept me informed as to where they were. We had a lot of fun togther, but I also was able to have some time to myself, a rare commodity for any parent, but especially a single one. I went to the spa a couple of times, relaxed by the pool and read, played Bingo..... I actually came home feeling rested!

The only drawback was I would have liked to have had someone to go to Palo with and to maybe spend some time in the clubs at night. I went to the evening show in Rockin Bar D a couple of times, but left when the dancing started.

Next time go, I will make more of an effort to meet up with some people either before we go or once on ship. I didn't notice until the last day that they had lunch for single parents every day.

They have single parent lunches?? Awesome :)
I am going with my 2 girls on Feb 16th!!

I agree, cruising is definately the best vacation for a single parent. That way you can spend time together - the kids can ditch their parent and the parents can ditch the kids, yet still have them close by. Ya gotta love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter