single or double stroller???

casieleigh

Earning My Ears
First time visitors as adults, taking 2 boys ages 5, 1. Definitely going to rent strollers from either magic strollers or orlando stroller rental. Problem is that we can't decide on a double or 2 singles, both under weight limits, so that's not an issue. Double makes sense, but not sure if double will be harder to navigate through entrances, buses, etc. Also wondering if splitting up kids would help 1 yr old sleep and give more flexibility to split up. Is it more of a pain to have 1 BIG stroller or 2 smaller ones? Anyone ever travel with those ages and have advice?

Just at Disney in June and we opted for a double. It was more of a pain getting onto a bus but worked out well that DH was in charge of only one stroller while I dealt with the kids. Size wise it's awkward but easier if that makes sense. Getting through gates etc was no problem for us. We r going in dec and its a double for us.

casieleigh said:
First time visitors as adults, taking 2 boys ages 5, 1. Definitely going to rent strollers from either magic strollers or orlando stroller rental. Problem is that we can't decide on a double or 2 singles, both under weight limits, so that's not an issue. Double makes sense, but not sure if double will be harder to navigate through entrances, buses, etc. Also wondering if splitting up kids would help 1 yr old sleep and give more flexibility to split up. Is it more of a pain to have 1 BIG stroller or 2 smaller ones? Anyone ever travel with those ages and have advice?

Granted, our girls are now 15&17 but our WDW stroller of choice was our front and back double stroller. We put the younger one on the back and it illy reclined for a nap while th older one sat in font, or we'd swap them around and the older one would sit snd hold her baby sister up. it was wonderful as a pack mule too!

I would get the double. If you do need to split up, the baby can stay in the stroller and the 5 year old can walk. The double citi mini is easy to fold, easy easy to navigate through the parks. The 5 year old will probably walk more than use the stroller so no reason to have 2 strollers. Also, if you have 2 that means both parents have to hold a stroller on the bus and one parent will have a baby and a stroller (trust me on this, it's a pain).

Citi mini double it is! Thanks for the suggestions--exactly what I needed to know. Hadn't considered BOTH of us having a stroller and a kid. Going to reserve now. . . gotta figure out which company is less expensive-hmm.

The double is defiantly the best decision. Please consider checking out Kingdom Strollers. We use them and Matt there is awesome. I did all the comparisons too and they worked out best for us because the rain cover was included.

It really depends on how you feel about the double stroller. Personally I hate double strollers. They are really hard to navigate and bulky for the bus. On the other hand, each of you having a stroller is a pain too.

On this trip DH said he refuses to deal with the double stroller. We are bringing an umbrella stroller with a sunshade for DD 1 and my two boys (ages 3 and 6) will be walking. I think we'll be taking this trip real slow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter