Single moms?

LaurLaur04

Mouseketeer
Any single moms out there who need someone to talk to? Because I sure do! I am a single mom to a precious 2 year old girl. Her father and I dated for 4 years, and were engaged, were actually starting to plan a wedding, when I found out I was pregnant. He promptly left us and has been a pain in my backside ever since. Walking in and out of our daughter's life, and trying to make mine miserable. Anyone have any words of wisdom? I'm not looking for anyone else, in fact I don't want anyone else (or him either!) because I am just tired of men completely and would rather dedicate my life to making sure my daughter is happy! Just looking for a friend to talk to!

I'm a single mom too and also in NC. I have a DD7 and I have the same attitude as you. I'm focused on raising my daughter as my main priority. I've been on my own ever since I found out I was pregnant.

Send me a PM if you'd want to chat.

My story is different in that I was married, but we've (son 10, daughter 9)been on our own for 4 years now. I can totally relate to everything you say! Feel free to pm!!

Another single mom here! I was married when I had dd but by the time she three we were on our own. She is now 9.

I would love to connect with other single moms!

Another Single Mom in NC. My DS is 7 and we are great just like we are. I'm not interested in being with anyone right now either, Just trying to raise my son the best I can (with lots of family support)! Would love to keep up with you guys!!!

Another single Mom here! I have three DD's age 14, 10, and almost 5! Their Dad and I were married for 15 years before we divorced. The divorce ended up with a trial after 1 1/2 years, and has been hard on my girls. I know how important it is for us single Moms to have a good support system, so if there is anything I can do to help you out or to just talk, pm me!

BTW, we are going to WDW/Tampa at the end of October!

Thanks guys for replying!! Being a single mother is so tough!! Seems like my daughter is the only thing that keeps me going most of the time. Her father aggravates me so bad! He will be a really good father if he is single, but once he finds a new girlfriend he replaces Madi with her and he disappears!! Its so heartbreaking when Madi begs to go to her daddys. I hope she just forget about him!! I am so ready for our WDW vacation I can't STAND IT! lol

Thanks guys for replying!! Being a single mother is so tough!! Seems like my daughter is the only thing that keeps me going most of the time. Her father aggravates me so bad! He will be a really good father if he is single, but once he finds a new girlfriend he replaces Madi with her and he disappears!! Its so heartbreaking when Madi begs to go to her daddys. I hope she just forget about him!! I am so ready for our WDW vacation I can't STAND IT! lol

Being a single Mom is not tough, being the ex of an immature male is tough!!

Being the person your child admires and respects is job one. She watches your reactions, your attitudes... and she feeds off of them. Make her your priority, remind her that strong women can do ANYTHING and you'll reep the rewards.

I became a "single" mom when my son's Dad became schizophrenic during my pregnancy. He used his illness to try to hurt us, Mama Lion refused to let him. When you know who you are and you know your job is to protect your child and her heart, you become invincible.

My son turns 18 next year and this past father's day he gave me the best gift ever. He thanked me for being his Mom and Dad! He told me knew how hard it was for me but he thanked me for doing it all for him.

THAT is your prize, and you will earn it! :thumbsup2

Being a single Mom is not tough, being the ex of an immature male is tough!!

Being the person your child admires and respects is job one. She watches your reactions, your attitudes... and she feeds off of them. Make her your priority, remind her that strong women can do ANYTHING and you'll reep the rewards.

I became a "single" mom when my son's Dad became schizophrenic during my pregnancy. He used his illness to try to hurt us, Mama Lion refused to let him. When you know who you are and you know your job is to protect your child and her heart, you become invincible.

My son turns 18 next year and this past father's day he gave me the best gift ever. He thanked me for being his Mom and Dad! He told me knew how hard it was for me but he thanked me for doing it all for him.

THAT is your prize, and you will earn it! :thumbsup2

That is WONDERFUL! :goodvibes I really hope things turn out like that for me. My life revolves around my daughter. I do EVERYTHING for her and I go without just so she can have. I don't get to have a life of my own anymore, but she is my life! I hope she sees that as she gets older. That I was the one always here for her, protecting her, and her father was nowhere to be found. He is always telling me how she will hate me when she gets older and love him. It scares me to death!

Add me to the list of single moms. I have a DD who just turned five last week. I had her on my own, so I don't have any of the headaches of immature dads that I hear so much about. I'm saving like crazy for our first ever vacation, as childcare costs ate up all the fun money. I went to Disney a bunch of times in my previous life! I can't wait to bring my little girl!

Being a parent is a hard job, being a single parent is harder in some ways. Like today, we were inside because the temps neared 100, and my daughter was totally cranked out. I gave myself two time outs during the day to regain my composure. Those are the times I wish I had someone to hand off to!

Thanks for starting this thread, it's good to see all of the company I have!

Tracy

Add me to the list of single moms. I have a DD who just turned five last week. I had her on my own, so I don't have any of the headaches of immature dads that I hear so much about. I'm saving like crazy for our first ever vacation, as childcare costs ate up all the fun money. I went to Disney a bunch of times in my previous life! I can't wait to bring my little girl!

Being a parent is a hard job, being a single parent is harder in some ways. Like today, we were inside because the temps neared 100, and my daughter was totally cranked out. I gave myself two time outs during the day to regain my composure. Those are the times I wish I had someone to hand off to!

Thanks for starting this thread, it's good to see all of the company I have!

Tracy

Yes I know the feeling!! Its exhausting sometimes when you can't get a break! The only break I get is work, and well thats not so much of a break is it? lol I have been saving like crazy all year to take her to WDW for her birthday this year. I hope to have a BLAST!

A little late on here but I figured I should post anyway. I am now a single mom and I am a mess. We were married and had so many plans that did not come into furition (which is why he left) but I do feel that he expected too much for people in our situation. He was expecting us to come up with the down payment for a $215,000 house within a certain period of time and we have no degrees yet, etc. But I have a very unique situation in that he said once we get more stable (financially and mentally) that he will come back. So it sucks because I feel like he's still mine, but we're divorced. I don't understand why he had to divorce me if we have the possibility to get back together, but he said it's cuz in his mind if we are still married (yet seperated) he will feel financially stable for me and he doesn't want any worries. He is in nursing school and works FT so he was stressed but I'm about to do the same thing yet I don't get enough respect. I was working 74 hrs a week and taking prereq's yet everyone felt "sorry" for HIM. Everything reminds me of him, I can't do anything anymore without crying and it's been 4 months. Everyone thought we were the fairytale couple and would ask "Do y'all EVER fight?". No, we hardly did. But I wasn't aware of what was brewing in his mind for months, and that is that he wasn't where he wanted to be in life. Once he hit 24, he felt like he should be farther than what he was and that's when he exploded (in March). Sure, but don't blame me. Blame yourself for your own actions. I blame myself too for spending all of my time with YOU for the past 5 years and not doing what I needed to do as well, but ya know what? I don't blame you, I blame myself.

Anyway, there's 1 other issue here that I don't want to type right now cuz I don't want to cry AGAIN. But before him I was married to my daughter's dad (she is 6) so I've been in a relationship ever since I was 14 so I don't know how to be single. I am so lonely. I used to be on the DIS almost every day but it hurts so much cuz we were planning a trip. I went with my mom and daughter in May and all I did was fight with my mom cuz we don't get along. And I kept crying cuz I would so happy families and couples kissing, and my daughter's first trip was supposed to be with my husband (his first trip also) and we were supposed to be one of those happy families. We watched the fireworks at MK (Wishes I think, whatever it is where tinkerbell flies out) and I just started bawling, because the day that we became a couple was on New Years, right after the fireworks.

So as you see I'm just a mess and it's ridiculous and I hate that I feel this way when I have everything else to be happy about. But all hope is not lost with us and I hope that we can get back together, cuz even though we have disagreements, we are very compatible.

Single mom from CT here. My DD is 3 1/2 and her dad and I divorced when she was 2. We were living in Florida at the time and I had no family at all so I took my DD and we moved up to CT to be with family, best decision ever!

I am very lucky that I have family close by (within walking distance!) who help me out a lot, without them I don't know what I would do! I give so much credit to single moms who don't have the support or help that others have.

I have to deal with my ex coming up to visit our DD and bringing with him his girlfriend who he cheated on me with. The thought of my DD being with the 2 of them makes me sick to my stomach!!

I am a single mom by choice...it will get easier for you as time goes by. I went into it knowing I was on my own so I didn't have an expectations that someone would be there to help. Gets a bit tricky when you have a sick kid and there is only you to take off from work to be there but I have a lot of family support and also once she started school we made many friends that are willing to always help out if needed (as am I when they need help!).
The last week of school my daughter broke a brace and I couldn't get out of work to take her- one of her friends moms picked her up from school at lunch time, took her to the orthodontist and brought her back to school for me. I am pet sitting for them when they are on vacation next week....I don't know what I would do without the help of friends!

A little late on here but I figured I should post anyway. I am now a single mom and I am a mess. We were married and had so many plans that did not come into furition (which is why he left) but I do feel that he expected too much for people in our situation. He was expecting us to come up with the down payment for a $215,000 house within a certain period of time and we have no degrees yet, etc. But I have a very unique situation in that he said once we get more stable (financially and mentally) that he will come back. So it sucks because I feel like he's still mine, but we're divorced. I don't understand why he had to divorce me if we have the possibility to get back together, but he said it's cuz in his mind if we are still married (yet seperated) he will feel financially stable for me and he doesn't want any worries. He is in nursing school and works FT so he was stressed but I'm about to do the same thing yet I don't get enough respect. I was working 74 hrs a week and taking prereq's yet everyone felt "sorry" for HIM. Everything reminds me of him, I can't do anything anymore without crying and it's been 4 months. Everyone thought we were the fairytale couple and would ask "Do y'all EVER fight?". No, we hardly did. But I wasn't aware of what was brewing in his mind for months, and that is that he wasn't where he wanted to be in life. Once he hit 24, he felt like he should be farther than what he was and that's when he exploded (in March). Sure, but don't blame me. Blame yourself for your own actions. I blame myself too for spending all of my time with YOU for the past 5 years and not doing what I needed to do as well, but ya know what? I don't blame you, I blame myself.

Anyway, there's 1 other issue here that I don't want to type right now cuz I don't want to cry AGAIN. But before him I was married to my daughter's dad (she is 6) so I've been in a relationship ever since I was 14 so I don't know how to be single. I am so lonely. I used to be on the DIS almost every day but it hurts so much cuz we were planning a trip. I went with my mom and daughter in May and all I did was fight with my mom cuz we don't get along. And I kept crying cuz I would so happy families and couples kissing, and my daughter's first trip was supposed to be with my husband (his first trip also) and we were supposed to be one of those happy families. We watched the fireworks at MK (Wishes I think, whatever it is where tinkerbell flies out) and I just started bawling, because the day that we became a couple was on New Years, right after the fireworks.

So as you see I'm just a mess and it's ridiculous and I hate that I feel this way when I have everything else to be happy about. But all hope is not lost with us and I hope that we can get back together, cuz even though we have disagreements, we are very compatible.

Not a single mom but just wanted to give you a :hug: I know the hurt of a broken heart. I'm so sorry and I hope things get better for you and your family.

I'm not a single mom (anymore), but was for a good while...
Enjoy your time with your kids, because even with a man, they are still priority one :)

Hugs to all of you

SageFemme...:grouphug::grouphug:

Give yourself time. Start a life for yourself. Get to know yourself. You'll probably find that you're a really great person, even without being part of a couple! Maybe he'll come back, maybe he won't, but at least you'll know you're happy with YOU.

(was lurking, as I have some friends who are entirely alone in the parenting world, and my mom divorced my dad when I was 4 (and brother was 2), so I've been the kid in the single-mom situation!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter