Single mom planning first Disney trip

amandajm

Earning My Ears
Hi !! I am planning to conquer Disney alone with my three kids 16,10,8 in Sept !!! Super Excited!!! We are going for 9 days and plan on hitting Disney, Universal, and Seaworld. Any tips, Do's, Donts , must do's, places to eat, etc etc will be greatly appreciated. Planning on doing Ddp, but any money saving tips would be great. Thanks!!!!

Restaurants wise- ohana is very good, located in Polynesian restore, chef Mickey and 1900 park fair- located at grand Floridian- all very good character dining places. I haven't been able to see what be our guest restaurant is like but I know they are all booked up.

I would figure your out where you want to eat and reserve it as soon as you can, they book up very quickly.

I have reservations at 1900 park fair, CRT, and chef mickeys. I need to finish booking the rest. Any good place for breakfast?

Ohana does a family style character breakfast, there's tusker house in animal kingdom, if anyone is into princesses, at Epcot there is a princess breakfast at akershus royal banquet hall :)

I'm a single mom too. I love Illuminations at EPCOT. The only way I get to actually enjoy it is by making dinner reservations at the Rose & Crown. I book the latest possible dinner reservation. We are able to sit and enjoy the show after dinner.
:earsgirl:

im not an expert but this we are heading back for our 5 trip to WDW in June. We have found that the dining plan worked out really well and saved us some money to. It nice to have a card for each person it keeps track of how many meals and snacks you have eaten and whats remaining for each person.

It sure makes it alot easier than packing a bunch of cash or using a credit cards all the time.. We have only stayed that the Port Orleans French Quarter. Its been very clean, great staff and great atmosphere and a nice pool for our family. The price is cheaper that some of the other resorts but it really fits us well. You can catch the bus or walk to the back past the pool and hop on a river boat ride to down town disney or up to riverside resort.

This site sure has alot of great people and information. you can look at what each resort looks like maps resturants pools menus etc all on this site. We could have stayed at a different resort but the PO french quarter is where we really like to stay.

Im not sure on charcter meals as we havent gone to any. most of the time we are on the go and the dining plan has worked great for us. One thing is like the others said make reservations ahead of time. with out a reservation you might we waiting 2+ hrs to get seated.

Good luck and have a happy vacation with your family its tons of fun:thumbsup2

Welcome! I'm a single mom too, and we love our Disney trips!

Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom is a great breakfast with Pooh and the gang. Try to get an early reservation and you can get in before the park opens. This is a great photo opportunity to get castle pics without a lot of people in the background.

Another good early breakfast is at Tusker House in the Animal Kingdom. Breakfast here is with Micky, Goofy, Donald & Daisy. Get pre-opening there as well.

Both of these are buffets, a great tip is to settle the bill when you order your beverages, that way when you are done you can scoot out for rope drop at the Magic Kingdom and for early ride on the safari at Animal Kingdom. This is my favorite as the animals are more active early in the day! :goodvibes

Free DDP Sept 2-25, 2013 has been announced for Disney Visa Card holders. The public offer will be coming out in the next few days. This will save you $.

I am also a single mother of 3 teen aged boys. You will have a great time.

You can buy Disney gift cards at Target and get a 5% discount if you used a Target Red Card (visa or debit). I bought enough to pay for our entire trip by picking up one every week. If you get prescriptions filled there as well, you get an additional 5% off for every 5 prescriptions filled.

http://www.disneydining.com/fall-fr...il&utm_term=0_585957dd1b-64adeed381-304989513

Hi everyone. I'm also a newbie and also a single mother. We are going to Disney World, for the first time, in June. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside and got the dining plan.

Thanks for all the tips in this thread and on the site. Lots of useful information. Especially the gift card tip.

The only tip I can give is to make dinning reservations as soon as possible. I am having a difficult time getting a reservation at the Crystal Palace or The Royal Table.

Enjoy the planning and your vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter