Single Men

Normally I would go back several pages, read up, and provide a very humorous update, but I just got back from a 4.5 hr drive and don't have the energy so I will just say that I saw a lot of "very freaking cold" in the posts. Listen, I'll trade you. I have had enough desert heat to last me till the next millenium. I want a tropical beach, a mai tai and a good book right now. . .lol.

Since I am sure some of you are just DYING to hear all about my personal life, I will tell you that my final court hearing was today on my son's custody case. . .

To bring some of you up to speed, I was not looking to remove my son from his father's home. My son is happy there cause he has his school, friends and church. But his father thought he could get more money out of me for support if he took me to court. Well, the custody arrangement stays as we had always agreed and the courts have determined that based on my income and his income that I only owe him $50 a month in child support. Considering I already give him more than that, we agreed to set child support through the court at zero. This was the funniest and happiest day of my life. . .lol.

My son is happy, I am happy, Tony is sort of happy (I don't have to pay him a dime, but I do. . .its my son afterall). And the freaking thing is over and not hanging over my head anymore. Maybe I can find my humor again. . .lol.

Congrats Darcy!!! I know how awful dealling with these things can be. Now you can look forward to your December trip without that hanging over your head!

Speaking of that I am also living with a much lighter load on my back. Although I was to be laid off in January my company was offering 200 jobs (to 1200 laid off individuals) in the other factory. I was offered and accepted one of those jobs yesterday! The company is not in great shape but it gives me atleast another 6 to 9 months of job security. Needless to say I am glad that I didnt cancel my trip for December!!!

John

Congrats Darcy!!! I know how awful dealling with these things can be. Now you can look forward to your December trip without that hanging over your head!

Speaking of that I am also living with a much lighter load on my back. Although I was to be laid off in January my company was offering 200 jobs (to 1200 laid off individuals) in the other factory. I was offered and accepted one of those jobs yesterday! The company is not in great shape but it gives me atleast another 6 to 9 months of job security. Needless to say I am glad that I didnt cancel my trip for December!!!

John

Thanks John and Congratulations on having some sort of job security for a bit. . .lol. Anything helps in these troubled times. . .

KOOZA was AWESOME!!!! I'm glad we went. But when we came out of the tent last night, it was freezing....I ended sleeping with 3 blankets on me....and it's still cold....I am so ready for warm weather.....

KOOZA was AWESOME!!!! I'm glad we went. But when we came out of the tent last night, it was freezing....I ended sleeping with 3 blankets on me....and it's still cold....I am so ready for warm weather.....

almost time !!!!!

I should say I am sorry I will miss Saturday... I really am... but I am oh soooooooooooo comfortable right now... yes ::yes:: I am working in comfort and style!!!:goodvibes

I will see you in 2 and 1/2 weeks though!!! I have to write your date and Ang and Car and mel...I get so confused with dates.. I dont want to miss anybody :grouphug:

....My son is happy, I am happy, Tony is sort of happy (I don't have to pay him a dime, but I do. . .its my son afterall). And the freaking thing is over and not hanging over my head anymore. Maybe I can find my humor again. . .lol.

What's most important is that some starving lawyer or judge will have food on the table tonite. Happy Holidays....

Hey Darcy, girl friend..........

So glad it all worked out. so does that mean you can stay longer in Dec so we can play????

No money to lawyers is always good and I have a family of them...lol

Patty

Hey Darcy, girl friend..........

So glad it all worked out. so does that mean you can stay longer in Dec so we can play????

No money to lawyers is always good and I have a family of them...lol

Patty

I wish. . .I already gave up my vacation time slots for those times and the other charge nurse is now out on FMLA (adopting a baby). So nope, its just the 4 days for me then back home to work work work. . .HOWEVER, I am keeping my 2 weeks in March cause I am going to be traveling in March for my birthday NO MATTER WHAT. . .

You live in Vermont- if you think it's cold now what do you do in January when it really is FREAKIN cold?:lmao:

I am not sure what I am going to do this winter, I just bought a new house and for the first time...it doesn't have a fireplace....:scared1:

Normally I would go back several pages, read up, and provide a very humorous update, but I just got back from a 4.5 hr drive and don't have the energy so I will just say that I saw a lot of "very freaking cold" in the posts. Listen, I'll trade you. I have had enough desert heat to last me till the next millenium. I want a tropical beach, a mai tai and a good book right now. . .lol.

Since I am sure some of you are just DYING to hear all about my personal life, I will tell you that my final court hearing was today on my son's custody case. . .

To bring some of you up to speed, I was not looking to remove my son from his father's home. My son is happy there cause he has his school, friends and church. But his father thought he could get more money out of me for support if he took me to court. Well, the custody arrangement stays as we had always agreed and the courts have determined that based on my income and his income that I only owe him $50 a month in child support. Considering I already give him more than that, we agreed to set child support through the court at zero. This was the funniest and happiest day of my life. . .lol.

My son is happy, I am happy, Tony is sort of happy (I don't have to pay him a dime, but I do. . .its my son afterall). And the freaking thing is over and not hanging over my head anymore. Maybe I can find my humor again. . .lol.

John

Awesome news for you both - December you can now celebrate!!!!!

Way to go :grouphug:

I am not sure what I am going to do this winter, I just bought a new house and for the first time...it doesn't have a fireplace....:scared1:

I though Fireplaces were a part of the building code in VT :lmao: :rotfl2:

I just go to my parents when I want a fire - I don't have one either :sad2:

Mmmm Hockey player....:yay: Ice or Deck???

My litter brother plays, but he never learned how to skate.

Ice- I grew up in building that were freezing cold, so this weather is nothing

pay alot of money in heating?:rotfl:

Darcy- glad everything worked out

Hello to all !
I also have been lurking here for a week or so ... must say I am a little disappointed .... No one is from Montreal :sad2: Makes me a lonely Disney Lover ! :confused3

Just wanted to introduce myself 33/f/ from Montreal,Canada.
Single mother of two also travelling to Disney in Dec.:cheer2: 24 days to go for us !!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

This is our 2nd trip to disney this year ... must be the Mickey Bug I caught in August... gaining control ! :rolleyes1

Anyway ... nice to virtually meet all of you and I'll be hanging out in front of the fireplace having a nice warm coffee it's -4 here today (not sure how to convert that for you) !

Hello to all !
I also have been lurking here for a week or so ... must say I am a little disappointed .... No one is from Montreal :sad2: Makes me a lonely Disney Lover ! :confused3

Just wanted to introduce myself 33/f/ from Montreal,Canada.
Single mother of two also travelling to Disney in Dec.:cheer2: 24 days to go for us !!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

This is our 2nd trip to disney this year ... must be the Mickey Bug I caught in August... gaining control ! :rolleyes1

Anyway ... nice to virtually meet all of you and I'll be hanging out in front of the fireplace having a nice warm coffee it's -4 here today (not sure how to convert that for you) !

Welcome

When are you going to be there and where are you staying???

POP for me arriving late on the 11th - with my 13 yr old cousin's twins.

Hi Mel !

It's my first time renting DVC, so we are staying at SSR, arriving on the 14 to the 21. It was originally a BDAY surprise trip for my daughter's 13 bday, but I couldn't hold my tongue!!!!

Hey maybe we'll meet, there the same age !!! LOL

:hug: Great news Darcy and John !

Welcome to Claudia and you can keep the cold weather please :goodvibes Of course it could be a lot worse, at least the sun is out here.......

In 3 weeks we will be on our way to WDW :cheer2:

I hope everyone has a wonderful day :grouphug:

Welcome Montreal friend...
I am 2 hours away and many friends of mine will tell you that Montreal is my home. My dad was Canadian (New Brunswick) and I was there for many summers at a time. I also did a semester in Canada for High school.
I really love being in Montreal and I always feel like I'm coming home when I get on the bridge and see the horizon...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter