Single due to Disney.....

Should have taken the kids. He is a great guy he did you a big favor. Just think if you had stayed attached to this fellow. Man that would have been bad. Let me say this you are better than he treated you. I wish I had a nice girl take me to Disney world. I do my wife. Find a guy that is like me , I love Disney world and I love kids. I also am a hunter soldier and a blue collar worker. I watch football and war movies. You can find a real man that loves Disney world and will go with you and your kids. Good Luck!

Not sure where you would find a specific "Disney" guy but really any guy that isn't a tool would probably enjoy himself once he got down there and lets himself have fun. I went when I was a kid, then like 25 years later with my family and now I'm an addict... So much so DW doesn't even want to go so it's just father/daughter trips for now. So maybe if you find someone open minded then they could become a Disney guy???

It's a tough situation, I guess it's similar to dating someone who is really really into sports and goes to see their team every weekend. Alot of partners if they are not into sports would struggle, but most I know just go and do things they enjoy doing without the OH.

My wife and I found our love for Disney Parks after our first trip together (We'd both been to DLP as kids separately) after being together for 18 months, 3 months before we were married. We already knew each other loved films when younger, but didn't base our relationship on that, theres so much else (as you've kinda revealed, if you didn't like him not stoned, you don't like all of him, so it's not gonna work)

Sorry for your problems OP, but at least you found out what he's like now, rather than have the relationship continue. And there's nothing wrong with taking a trip without the kids. Don't feel guilty about taking some alone time for yourself.

I guess I'm glad he tried? And he didn't know he'd hate it.. Turns out.. He hates kids lol. Big red flag

You're way better off finding out that he hates kids (since you have 2!) only 5 months in and not later when you were more invested in the relationship, or heaven forbid, married. I think the silver lining is that the trip to Disney saved you a lot of trouble down the line. :)

I feel your pain pookie10! Years ago, after waiting years to take my kids to Disney for the their first time, I also took my then BF of 3 years with us. I was completely shocked at how much he disliked Disney (guys, he referred to it as a glorified state fair!), how could I not have known?! Now, "Must love Disney" is a requirement. I love to read posts from couples where one person is not a fan but goes to Disney for their loved one! I think that is true love! Having said that, I am hoping to find someone who surpasses, if not matches, my obsession with Disney! It seems to me that as many members said, THIS is the place! I am looking to take my first SOLO trip and plan to utilize the forums here to meet other solo travelers and plan a Dis meet! I hope you also use all the resources available here and someday find your Prince Charming. Good Luck!

I will admit that I wasn't a huge Disney fan before my DW and I went on our honeymoon (disneymoon). I had been to WDW and DL a multiple times growing up so it wasn't all that big of a deal. My DW on the other hand had only been to DL and WDW 2-3 times total in her life. We have been married 6 years and will be heading to WDW for our "Operation Disney 6.0" trip in 18 more days. We will be celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary and 6th straight year going to WDW. I do enjoy WDW (specifically Epcot) more as an adult than I did as a child/tween/teen.

There are a few things I get excited about when going to WDW.
1. Seeing my DW's face when we walk into the MK and she sees the castle down Main St.
2. Watching her eyes light up during Illuminations.
3. Listening to her giggle like a little kid while watching Wishes from the Cali Grill.
4. Seeing how her face lights up when she gets to see the gorillas at AK.

All of these things (and many many more) are what make Disney our "special" vacation spot. Even if I wasn't the biggest fan at the beginning. :)

My guy is not a Disney nut...His first trip was me taking him for his 38th birthday when we were pregnant! He had a ball, and I couldn't go on several rides...it was a four day trip. We next went when our daughter was two, many things she and I did not ride, then 9/11 occurred...two day trip: country in shock and turmoil, and we can't get back to New York. Next trip for his 50th birthday: too much park for him...he wants to watch tv in the room. Now my teen daughter and mom and I go and he stays in a quiet home and looks after the dog :laughing:.

What I am trying to say is that people are different and relationships evolve! You don't need someone like you, just open to you!
And if you put your kids first, you always win!...The right guy will find that attractive, and you will be happier!:music:

I didn't leave them home for some guy. Our family trip is coming up in the fall. They are 8 and 13. neither wanted to go, although im sure if they would have it would have been fun for them. This was my first time ever going anywhere without them. As a full time working and full time in school adult im entitled
I couldn't agree more! A good parent also takes care of their own needs! (Just not at the expense of their children...) This trip with EX bf was a huge learning experience! Not a penny was wasted. Now that you've picked your own self back up and dusted off, you now know the kind of person you're looking for. Those red flags and deal breakers will be a lot more obvious earlier in your dating. Good luck and sparkle on, Pookie!

Hmmmm. This is quite the thread isn't it? I'm so sorry you had this experience and I'm equally sorry about the lack of empathy you've received on the boards. This was obviously weighing on you or you wouldn't have posted it. The big thing here for me is the fact that he gets stoned all the time. I'm glad he doesn't like Disney and you're rid of him. Did you move too fast? Hard to say not knowing you or the other person. That's not for anyone to decide but you. I was lucky when I was married - my DH was a worldphile. But, since the divorce, my boyfriends who turned out to be SO's (there have been 2) were not as big a fan. They liked it, but didn't "get it" like we all do on these boards. Does that mean to me they aren't "the one?" No. That is not in my top 3 must haves but it definitely is a plus. If I meet someone I love and they love me - and we end up together and he doesn't like Disney - I'll simply go with friends or family without him. You have to have your own interests. So, Disney would be mine and he could go fishing or something.

OMG too funny! The OP has moved on with her life, probably married by now and we are still posting on her thread! So me, haha.
Too bad. This was one of the funniest threads I have ever read. How to find a "Disney" guy-a total scream, and then the sub thread of "how to score a geek because they make a lot of money"-kinda 1950's but solidly crazy. A total A+.

Sorry, but this has nothing to do with Disney or a vacation. The man is a drug addict. You have children. I would be more concerned about screening boyfriends for drug problems than I would be for a love of Disney!
While I do agree that dating drug addicts is not a wise decision, not everyone who uses canibis is a drug addict. I know several recreational and medical users who have good, high paying jobs. People who first meet them or have known them for years aren't always aware. That said, these are things that should be known 5 months into dating; this guy DOES sound like an addict. Hiding your using habits, constant using, being a different person and unable to function normally without using: here's your sign.

The issue here is NOT finding some who likes or loves Disney, but finding someone who is honest, consistent in their behavior regardless of substance use, and loves you and your kids.

Btw, part of consistency in behavior regardless of substance use involves responsible use: using moderately, as little as necessary for medical or occasional recreation, safe actions regarding both machinery and people, including people's emotions. Occasional slips in these areas may occur, but should be extremely rare. This is a major part of being an adult.

I met my husband playing World of Warcraft. We were long distance for two years, after which he quit his job, packed up everything he owned, left his friends, family, and everything he had ever known, and moved 14 hours South to live with me. We were engaged a few months later and married last year. He is quiet, highly intelligent, and loves video games, sci fi, and all things geeky. He loves me more than life itself and has proven that he will stick by me until the day I die. He's my other half.

He's also a software programmer. His salary, er...isn't bad. Lol.

No one will ever love you and be utterly devoted to you the way a nerdy guy will :lovestruc:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter