Single Dollar notes...

VailaTigger

DIS Veteran
Hi guys,

I have dollars (cash) to take with me in September, but I'm wondering what folks do go get hold of single dollar notes (to tip ME drivers and Mousekeeping etc).

Do you think the Travelex desk at the airport would change $30 in tens to single notes? I'm not sure if they have single notes...

Ideally, I'd like to have this sorted before we go, but not sure if I can...

TIA! :thumbsup2

I cant see it being a problem. I got $30 worth when I got some money changed at M&S. It might be worth just changing another £20 so that you have some.

I ask for low denomination when I change money - much prefer in smaller notes then I can leave tip etc without waiting for change.

:thumbsup2

Nice to know that low denomination notes are available in the UK.

We were given cash $ as wedding presents - so do you think anywhere which exchanges money would be able to exchange $10 and $20 bills for singles? Not sure how that works with commission and so on... I'm not planning on changing £ to $ as I'm loading up my FairFx card with the rest...

Thank you!

You could try your bank; most places where I've exchanged money give you a nice mixture; we've always had $1 notes included - handy for toll payments too. (the manned ones anyway!)

I'm always in need of a cold drink to take on the ME with me, so I grab a soda before heding down to the bus, and then you've got some change from that too. :)

there is a big shortage of $1 notes in the uk banks and you can't often get them..We normally keep some from the trip before so we have some ready for arrival. We are rarely able to obtain $1 but can easily get $5 bills...Apprently not many people bring them back and if they do they hold on to them like we do!:confused3

Hi guys,

Do you think the Travelex desk at the airport would change $30 in tens to single notes? I'm not sure if they have single notes...

TIA! :thumbsup2

Travelex in Gatwick South def did not have $1 bills last time...they were also the ones that told us it was rare for them to ever get them in..

I'm always in need of a cold drink to take on the ME with me, so I grab a soda before heding down to the bus, and then you've got some change from that too. :)

I'm with you on that one.:thumbsup2

Though that being said we do try and save some from the trip before like the other pps.

Just ask to change $20 in one of the shops in the airport when you arrive stateside, they'll do it no problem.....:thumbsup2

Thanks to everyone!

I will carry some of my $10 and $20 notes around with me over the next wee while, and ask in the bank or travel agents if they can change them.

I can also ask at the Travelex desk at the airport, no harm in trying.

If none of that works, then I'll try to change some at the airport when we arrive State-side.

:grouphug:
Thanks for all your help!

Thanks to everyone!

I will carry some of my $10 and $20 notes around with me over the next wee while, and ask in the bank or travel agents if they can change them.

I can also ask at the Travelex desk at the airport, no harm in trying.

If none of that works, then I'll try to change some at the airport when we arrive State-side.

:grouphug:
Thanks for all your help!

You're so much more organised than me! I haven't even thought about travel money... But this thread made me think to get smaller notes in my cash which I wouldn't have thought about so thanks :goodvibes

Its creeping closer!!

Hi,
I changed some money last week in a shop called Ramsdens. It is like a pawn shop but I think a lot of towns have one now. It was by far the best exchange rate and I asked for 40 $1 and she gave me them no problem!
By the way my best friend is from Stonehaven!
Rach x

Hi,
I changed some money last week in a shop called Ramsdens. It is like a pawn shop but I think a lot of towns have one now. It was by far the best exchange rate and I asked for 40 $1 and she gave me them no problem!
By the way my best friend is from Stonehaven!
Rach x

thats the problem though...you CAN get them but it only takes one person to beat you to them and thats it...I have asked before, can't remember where, and they said 'oh if you had come earlier we had them but somebody just got them' :)

When I was in the travel agents today I was asked if I wanted $5's and $1's included in my currency or just $10's, $20's etc...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter