Single day this Summer?

momtoccc

DIS Veteran
Hello all

We are coming to Orlando this summer (week of June 14) to mainly just relax at a nice resort and hang out by the pool We have 4 full days and decided we would do 1 day at a theme park. We've done WDW quite a bit and dd loves roller coaters and is now 54" so I started looking at Universal.

However, I didn't know that a new HP attaction was opening this summer and it doesn't seem like a single day pass gives you the Express Pass so I'm now thinking that Universal is not going to be a good option for us.

Any suggestions?

In order to get the express passes you need to either: 1) buy them ( and the price goes up depending on projected crowds ) or 2) stay onsite at one of the Universal Deluxe resorts ( the new moderate Cabana bay does not offer it).resort guests get early entry as well.One night at a Universal deluxe resort gets you 2 days of express pass and early entry .
Tickets are a separate from express passes, you can purchase anywhere( we get ours thru Undercover tourist) .BUT one day park tickets are rarely discounted and arent cheap. .Something to keep in mind with tickets and the new harry potter...the NEW Harry Potter hogwarts express attraction will require a PARK TO PARK ticket to ride and will not be eligible for you to ride with single park tickets unless you upgrade.

Can you add Express pass to single day park ticket? I guess I was under the impression that you couldn't.. only multiple day tickets.

We aren't into HP that much so don't need park to park. Do we really know when the new HP attractions will open? If they open the week of June 14 I think US/IoA will be super busy, don't you think? :confused3

Can you add Express pass to single day park ticket? I guess I was under the impression that you couldn't.. only multiple day tickets.

We aren't into HP that much so don't need park to park. Do we really know when the new HP attractions will open? If they open the week of June 14 I think US/IoA will be super busy, don't you think? :confused3

Rumors out there point to around June 14-15th and if so , it will be PACKED.You can purchase express passes for a single day ticket.

Rumors out there point to around June 14-15th and if so , it will be PACKED.You can purchase express passes for a single day ticket.

If that is the case, I think we will have to save US/IoA for another trip. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter