Single Beds?

MamaBear58

DIS Veteran
What is the difference b/t a wall pull-down bed and an upper berth pull-down bed? Also, what is a murphy bed? Thanks

A wall pull down bed and Murphy bed are the same thing. A single bed folds down from the wall to be on the floor. The upper berth pull down comes out of the ceiling and is up higher like the top bunk of a bunk bed.

A murphy bed pulls down from the wall to the floor, or your wall pull-down bed. It can be a double or single size. The bunk bed, upper berth bed, actually folds down from the ceiling above the sofa bed.

Thanks to both of you. In there an advantage to one or the other, assuming both are single? Some categories say there is either a wall pull-down bed (in most) or upper berth pull-down bed (in some)? When would they use one as opposed to the other? We are a family of 4 but don't think my kids would do well in a sofa pull out together, as I assume that it's only a full/double and each sleeps in a queen at home. Thanks.

In most staterooms, the sofa bed is a single (twin) size. I haven't heard of a full-sized murphy bed on the ships (maybe in concierge?) but a single twin-sized murphy bed will only be available in the larger "family" staterooms. If your stateroom has all 3 (sofa, bunk, murphy), you/your children can decide which they want and the stateroom host will set them up appropriately. Depending on ship and stateroom, the murphy may not be available in your stateroom.

Enjoy your cruise!

What is the difference b/t a wall pull-down bed and an upper berth pull-down bed? Also, what is a murphy bed? Thanks
A murphy bed and a "wall" pull down bed would be the same.

Here's a picture with all the beds open in a family oceanview verandah room, the back of the sofa folds down over the seat area, the bunk bed comes out of the ceiling, and the murphy bed in in a cabinet close to the verandah door:
bed 4A verandah beds open fantasy 2014  23092 P1030567 1500.jpg

Murphy bed you don't have to climb on a ladder to get to bed. My 14 year old doesn't really care which she gets. We have had both.
But be aware that the murphy bed gets in the way of going out to the balcony unless you crawl over the bed, plus it makes it hard to get into the bottom cabinet so don't put anything in there you will need in the morning or night after it is down.

Is there a ladder somewhere for the bunk bed? We have this set up for our cruise next January, and the kids (9 and 5 by then) will have the fold down sofa and bunk while my mom has the Murphy bed. Just trying to figure out if DS is going to have to climb on his little sister's bed to get to his own bunk.

I have been on about 10 cruises (non-Disney), and the few times we needed the pull down there was always a ladder.

Is there a ladder somewhere for the bunk bed? We have this set up for our cruise next January, and the kids (9 and 5 by then) will have the fold down sofa and bunk while my mom has the Murphy bed. Just trying to figure out if DS is going to have to climb on his little sister's bed to get to his own bunk.
It's in the closet:
closet & ladder fantasy 2014 20080a P1030221 Stitch 1500.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter