• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Since it's been four years

honeydiane1953

DIS Veteran
how much does a wdw vaca cost for two adults two kids staying at a 30% off room at a deluxe resort cost? Just ball park of course I will need tickets and pay oop for meals. last time about 5,000. any guesses plz will help

Doesn't the WDW website allow you to go in and input the info to price it out?

Prob. I just thought since lots of folks here go often they would prob know just about how much right off the top of their head. ty for responding

Good Morning: I think that you are pretty accurate thinking that it will cost $5000 +/-. It all depends upon how long you stay, which deluxe, how hungry your family gets, and which restaurants you choose. The hotel will cost you between $350 / $500 per night, tickets for 6 days are around $1200 for a base pass (not hopper) $1500 hopper pass. Then, you've got your food and travel. I've heard through the rumor mill that some kind of offer may be out on the 3rd of October. A friend of mine called Disney to inquire on pricing for her family and was told to wait and call back on October 3rd. Good luck and have fun.

It depends on flights. Subtracting my 1100 flight the vacation will be about 6500. That includes my 20% off CR tower room, tickets and what I suspect we will spend on food. Food estimate includes at least one, sometimes 2 sit down meals a day. Food estimate also includes eating breakfast in our room. That includes extras like BBB and a few souvenirs, but we aren't big shoppers.

In June this year, we did 2 nights at a Seaworld Hotel, SeaWorld and then 4 nights at Disney World.

The total including all meals, ect. was just under 7,000.00. We did stay at ASMU Family Suites using a discount that was out at the time and we did a few more expensive TS meals than we usually do.
I also didn't restrain my DD13 from her souvenier buying which looking back on it, I should have done a better job on that.

We also drove and had our car with us. We didn't do a dining plan (I have the TIW card because I'm an AP holder). We had to buy tickets for 3 members of the family which I bought at www.mousesavers.com.

Just so you know, I've been pricing out deluxe resorts for end of March/beginning of April 2014 and almost choking on the ridiculous per night prices (500+ per night). No way am I paying that. Their deluxe resorts aren't worth those prices.

So I would suggest heading to the website and starting there to price out the trip. Hopefully you'll find the perfect resort for you.

how much does a wdw vaca cost for two adults two kids staying at a 30% off room at a deluxe resort cost? Just ball park of course I will need tickets and pay oop for meals. last time about 5,000. any guesses plz will help

For hotel and park hopper tickets it is between $4,800 and $6,500 for 7 nights depending on where you stay. We recently looked and decided to stay moderate and save $2K. It will also depend on when you go. The pricing I had was for August.

Another option to save money on room is to rent points from a DVC member. You can find that here on the Dis. The first time we rented a room at AKL it was $156 for the night. The rate will vary depending on what time of year you are going.

Another option to save money on room is to rent points from a DVC member. You can find that here on the Dis. The first time we rented a room at AKL it was $156 for the night. The rate will vary depending on what time of year you are going.

My suggestion as well. We rent points to stay deluxe and the savings is about 35% off rack rates. We fly but use SW reward points for 4 of our 6 airfares, buy our tickets using gift cards I purchased at a discount (no hoppers for us) and then pay OOP for meals. We aren't big eaters and don't regularly eat dessert or drink anything but water so this works better for us. Our cost for 8 nights for everything was +/-$5000.

well, I paid $330.40 per night for this coming Monday thru Thursday standard view at the Polynesian with the just expired fall discount (30% I believe). We also drive, Two night hoppers for two are a little over $500 total. My FP+ preordered lunch for two with two entrees desserts and drinks is $36, so I'd figure ~$30 for each CS meal. Dinners will probably be around $60-$75 each night. Don't know if that helps. We take frequent short trips as we don't require airfare, helps keep our cost down.

One MILLION Dollars!

(sorry, it's late and I'm still waiting for the dryer to finish...)

11 day Hotel and 3 day Universal/ Hhn $685

Plane $340

Disney 7 day park hopper $365

1390 per person for 2 adults @ Pop Century...

Way too many variables to even give a ballpark estimate...
Which deluxe resort? The price difference between the GF and AKL is pretty dramatic.
What time of year? It's less expensive to go when the kids are supposed to be in school compared to break times.
How old are the kids? Older children eat more and their tickets cost more.
How far are you flying and will it be from a major airport? It can be cheaper to fly if your airport is a hub for the airline you will be using.

There is no Magic 8-ball answer. The most accurate source of info would be Disney's website. You can plug in your own info and get an answer tailor made for your family.

Do you want to save money or do you just want the total for what you have already chosen?

And when are you going? Peak season or off season?

It makes a difference in my suggestions. :beach:

you can read the other thread here....how much is your current vacation costing you? answers all over the place......:thumbsup2

I'm a dvc owner, I concur on renting points. Through a broker like David's is the safest, I have rented through them and would again if I need the points.
I would suggest renting a 1 or 2 bedroom villa, they have full kitchens and you can have groceries delivered to your room or shop a a local store like Publix and bring them back. Animal Kingdom Villa are usually cheapest point wise, Boardwalk Villas are a great choice because they are within walking distance to Epcot or Hollywood Studios (or a short boat ride) and are not much more than AKV.
If you want to get crazy you could buy a resale DVC contract for the cost of renting deluxe from Disney this way you would always have deluxe accommodations when you go, buy annual passes with the DVC discount, this way a second or third vacation to Disney won't count much more than one (depending on transportation and how you handle dining)
Tickets cost what they cost, if your a bringing kids it's better to get park hopers (I'd it's affordable).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter