• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Since credits allocated to room, can one room not be on plan?

peacefulmama

Earning My Ears
We'll have three rooms, all paid by one person. As credits are allocated to each room individually, can two rooms be on the dining plan and one room be off the dining plan? My daughter has several food allergies which is going to limit the CS meal choices even more that they already are and I think she's going to end up splitting meals with me or eating food we bring in quite often.

You can't use dining credits to feed people who are not on the plan. Otherwise, yes, one of your three rooms could choose to skip the plan.

Not sure about that. I thought if the rooms were all part of the same package, everyone had to be on the plan or off of it.

You could do separate bookings for the one room, though.

We are booking 2 rooms and have the option of purchasing DDP for only 1 of the rooms. Officially you can not use credits to feed others not on the plan however you can use as many QS credits as you like at one time. I know this because the last time we used DDP QS, we had 3 in our party but 5 credits remaining on last day and used all 5 to grab extras for the road trip home.

When we travel, we often have multiple rooms and some on the plan, some off. Even though I make all the reservations, I get separate reservation numbers per room (don't request them to set it up this way, it's just what they,ve always done) and each "reservation" has to have all the same package details (nights, meal plan, tickets) but one room can differ from another.

Yes as long as there are separate rooms. You might have issues using your dining credits to buy meals for those who are not on the plan, if you attempt to use the plan to pay for more meals at one time than you have people actually on the plan.

We've never had issues with doing this, my mum who we take moat years is 80 and doesn't eat very much at all, so we pay oop most times for her, and mysteries always share,
Every restaurant we went to took the twins meals and my mum's off out plan, which was fine since the twins had one meal on the adult plan and my mum shared mine, saved us a ton, and disney didnt blink at all,
And we was before anybody says it's not allowed prepared fully to pay oop for the twins and my mum.

Not sure about that. I thought if the rooms were all part of the same package, everyone had to be on the plan or off of it.

You could do separate bookings for the one room, though.

In my experience, Disney does not let you book multiple rooms under one package. Our family has two moderate rooms reserved for a bounce back package and we had to actually book two different packages. One for one room, one for the other. I asked if we could just book it as one package, and I was told no. We had to make two different down payments and identify which people were in which room. In a way, this does allow more freedom because it is true that all people in one room must book the same ticket and dining package. When you divide it up, people in the other room have an option because they are on their own package.

In my experience, Disney does not let you book multiple rooms under one package. Our family has two moderate rooms reserved for a bounce back package and we had to actually book two different packages. One for one room, one for the other. I asked if we could just book it as one package, and I was told no. We had to make two different down payments and identify which people were in which room. In a way, this does allow more freedom because it is true that all people in one room must book the same ticket and dining package. When you divide it up, people in the other room have an option because they are on their own package.

That's specifically for the BB.

On a regular reservation you can so two rooms on one reservation if you have two or less adults and any number of kids.

Three and over adults would get two separate reservations.

That's specifically for the BB.

On a regular reservation you can so two rooms on one reservation if you have two or less adults and any number of kids.

Three and over adults would get two separate reservations.

Oh! So two packages are required any time you have more than two adults and multiple rooms, or just when you book a bounce back?

With allergies you are better off being on the DDP for QS as they have started charging the price of the allergy meal if it differs when you are paying OOP. I'm not sure how much the difference is but especially for a child it could be a lot because often it will be an adult meal they can substitute. They also have a number of allergy safe desserts that are somewhat expensive that would be covered with the DDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter