Sin to skip the sit downs?

I’ve never been to lamplight and was considering it in May with a 2.25 year old. Bad idea? For reference oldest did ok at BB at 2&3.
Totally depends on your kid! If she is good at eating in restaurants you will be fine. Only issue at Lamplight with a toddler is if they try to seat you at a hightop table with a fire element thingy. I was not able to make that work with a toddler. Additionally, sometimes they seat you outside in this sofa-like seating. Depending on your kid, this could be good or bad.

Totally depends on your kid! If she is good at eating in restaurants you will be fine. Only issue at Lamplight with a toddler is if they try to seat you at a hightop table with a fire element thingy. I was not able to make that work with a toddler. Additionally, sometimes they seat you outside in this sofa-like seating. Depending on your kid, this could be good or bad.
Thank you. He does ok at our high table but maybe not for an hour! We don’t eat out. I forgot! My pandemic baby doesn’t eat out. Reality flash. 🤣 My big kids ate out all the time. 🤦‍♀️ Maybe I can go with my family while dad has the kids at the pool.

It's not very restful when your kid is climbing in an out of their seat, crawling under the table, climbing in your lap, trying to escape and run around. There is a lot of downtime/waiting at a table service restaurant and toddlers aren't great at waiting. Quick service is fast, here's your food and once they are done eating you just get up and leave.

I do love going to table service with my older son since he was about 5-6 years old. It's a nice break and he will sit and color/etc.
Yikes yeah that makes sense, I guess my sis was an extraordinarily well behaved kid.

I’ve never been to lamplight and was considering it in May with a 2.25 year old. Bad idea? For reference oldest did ok at BB at 2&3.

The biggest issue at LL is how slow the service is. The food and drinks are INCREDIBLE, but you will be sitting there at least an hour and a half, possibly longer, if you are actually having a meal. They also, as mentioned above, have a lot of "bar style" high countertop seats along the railings and the fire tables, and they do NOT put any consideration to the fact that you may have a toddler in your party. And they won't let you sit anywhere else...you get the seat they give you. Even if you have a reservation, there is no guarantee of getting an actual table, although reservations get priority for indoor, non bar seats. If you walk up, you will definitely be seated outside or at the actual bar.

So although not "in the park" I like the Craftsman Bar & Grill with a toddler. Some of the seating is lounge chair types so they can wiggle a bit more and it overlooks the pool so there is lots to look at. And if kiddo gets restless it is not a "quiet" restaurant so you won't feel like they are disturbing other people.

I enjoy a sit-down meal, especially at Blue Bayou, Lamplight, and Wine Country Trattoria. For quick service if you like Mexican food, Cocina Cucamonga in DCA is very good, with plenty of shady, outdoor seating and a good bevarage selection. My kids loved it.
I like Wine County Trattoria too and would choose that one if I could only choose one.

I'm currently planning for one a day and will QS/snack my other meals. Just me...
2/20 arrival - lunch @ Tortilla Joe's (currently no ticket as DL only goes up to 5 days and this would be my 6th...I'm seriously debating buying a 1-day ticket as this will be my only chance to see the fireworks in the park since they only do them on weekends apparently. :( )
2/21 - breakfast @ Goofy's Kitchen
2/22 - dinner @ Wine Country Trattoria
2/23 - breakfast @ Storyteller's
2/24 - lunch @ Cafe Orleans (I'm stalking Blue Bayou), evening break @ Trader Sam's
2/25 - brunch @ Lamplight Lounge

You can get a Mac and cheese bowl at Pacific Wharf it’s not in the menu though ! Also , Cafe Orleans is awesome with the montecristo and fries ! You can get beignets and bottomless mint juleps too ! Yum ! You can see what your eating also unlike Blue Bayou!

I'm currently planning for one a day and will QS/snack my other meals. Just me...
2/20 arrival - lunch @ Tortilla Joe's (currently no ticket as DL only goes up to 5 days and this would be my 6th...I'm seriously debating buying a 1-day ticket as this will be my only chance to see the fireworks in the park since they only do them on weekends apparently. :( )
2/21 - breakfast @ Goofy's Kitchen
2/22 - dinner @ Wine Country Trattoria
2/23 - breakfast @ Storyteller's
2/24 - lunch @ Cafe Orleans (I'm stalking Blue Bayou), evening break @ Trader Sam's
2/25 - brunch @ Lamplight Lounge

Lamplight Lounge brunch is SO good! Try the mimosa flight!

We started doing sit downs in the last few years because I hate having to hunt for tables. Don't have kids but I find it interesting that ppl are discarding sit dows with toddlers. Pretty sure my parents loved the rest when my sis was younger. ( we are many years apart)
Yes- we love sit down with our little one. It’s down time and chance for him to get out of stroller and chill out… can’t imagine not having one a day as a bit of a break

I rarely do sit downs other than experiences like Ogas or Trader Sam's. The counter service options are plentiful with great food options! Don't feel bad.

Yes- we love sit down with our little one. It’s down time and chance for him to get out of stroller and chill out… can’t imagine not having one a day as a bit of a break

This for us too! Our children are adults now but they were seasoned DL, WDW and general restaurant visitors from infancy. We have always loved to have 1 sit down meal per day to rest, regroup and not stress about finding a table. We like Carnation Cafe, Cafe Orleans and Lamplight Lounge right now in the parks. Mostly we prefer DTD dining. Having said this, this is us…you do you 😀

I have rarely ever done sit down downing at the parks. Until recently I didn’t even realize it was such a popular thing. Maybe since I have only been to DLR and never WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter