Simpsons Ride

canadiankim

DIS Veteran
I love the Simpsons, but haven't done the ride yet. Can you tell me is it a simulator type ride? I don't do the best on these types of ride :sick:

I can just about do Spiderman (so long as I don't do anything else straight after :rotfl:). I didn't really like doing Jimmy Newtron so ......any advice?:confused3

It is a simulator. Take some less-drowsy dramamine or Bonine (Meclizine is the formulation instead of Dimenhydrinate). I couldn't find it in Canada. For me, it works way better than gravol and doesn't make me sleepy.

I find that Simpsons makes me queasy unless I am in the front row and have taken the meclizine.

I dont like spiderman because of all the spinning. The simpsons car isnt on a track like the spiderman ride is so it stays in one place and lifts up into an IMAX type of theater. You cant really tell this unless you look sideways and make a point of looking at the mechanics.

I did this once because our car broke down and lifted up into the theater but didnt do the motions of bouncing for the rest of the ride so I got a chance to look at the mechanics.

If you've ever been on star tours, its more like that in that it stays in one place but just the car moves. The movements are a bit more intense than Star Tours but no spinning like spiderman. Its very loud and funny!

My dd5 loves it and I enjoy it too and I am not a thrill seeker!

To me, it's a combo of Star Tours and Soarin'. Hopefully you've experienced those or this won't make any sense.

It does move, yes, but the main part of it is the "movie" playing in front of you. If you get sick...close your eyes. Almost all of the motion will be gone by doing this. (I do this...a lot)

I have never done soarin but am happier knowing that if I close my eyes I should be okay. I used to find I could get away with doing that on back to the future too.

Thanks for the advice:woohoo:

I have never done soarin but am happier knowing that if I close my eyes I should be okay. I used to find I could get away with doing that on back to the future too.

Simpsons is basically a re-themed Back to the Future. They kept the former ride system.. but I find Simpson's to be much less jerky/bumpy than Back to the Future was :)

It's my experience, at least, and I hope it helps you!

The main point of the ride is that you're on a roller coaster, and the eyes play big tricks to really make you feel like you are on it. So closing eyes makes the movement ONLY what the ride vehicle is doing, which isn't much more than a bumpy Jeep ride or something. In my experience.

I can do any coaster and am fine with Spiderman, can go on 3 or 4 times before I start to feel a bit queasy.

But The Simpsons made me so ill :sick:

Closing or opening my eyes made no difference. I was green when I came off and a TM helped me as I thought I was going to pass out. DH and DS had wandered ahead and had no idea :rolleyes2

I won`t go back on this ride, it`s not worth it for me. I did have a travel sickness tab, but a UK one so maybe not as strong, but I won`t risk it.

In saying that, everyone really is different so I would always tell someone to try.....as you never know.

(Sorry for such a negative post)

I love the Simpsons, but haven't done the ride yet. Can you tell me is it a simulator type ride? I don't do the best on these types of ride :sick:

I can just about do Spiderman (so long as I don't do anything else straight after :rotfl:). I didn't really like doing Jimmy Newtron so ......any advice?:confused3

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick: Yak is all I am going to say.

Think I might have to play this one by ear as I go. Maybe wait for my big sis to go on it first. If she survives I will be good to go, if she comes off green then I will leave it well alone:lmao:

I'd say the majority of people I talk to have the same reaction to The Simpsons' ride- :sick: .

If you really want to do it, take a Bonine beforehand.

Personally, I feel once you've done it once, that's enough. Not my favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter