Simpsons Ride = Motion Sickness?

The Simpsons ride is pure fun, very little jolt. I think if you feel sick at any time you could just close your eyes and be fine.

Th FJ, however, is a man among boys. I rode that beast and when I got off I was walking sideways & shaking. It is so intense & lasts forever. I seriously had to sit down, have a nice butter beer & collect my wits.

LOL......I am the total opposite of you!!!!

I loved FJ and thought it was amazing.....no motion sickness at all for me......I did only ride it once at a time though....just in case :thumbsup2

But The Simpsons was a whole different beast!!! I was really bad when I came off......I was green and thought I was going to pass out I felt so sick.
Closing my eyes didn`t make a jot of difference. I will never ride this again.

I can ride anything numerous times, (except the back rows of RRR) even Spiderman doesn`t bother me.

But to OP I think you just have to try as different rides affect everyone differently.

Good luck hope you enjoy it :thumbsup2

I am a ride rider (although since having children I can not ride spinning rides anymore) :sad:

The Simpsons ride is pure fun, very little jolt. I think if you feel sick at any time you could just close your eyes and be fine.

Th FJ, however, is a man among boys. I rode that beast and when I got off I was walking sideways & shaking. It is so intense & lasts forever. I seriously had to sit down, have a nice butter beer & collect my wits.

Then I rode The Hulk (woot woot) 5 times in a row. It didn't phase me.

'Man among boys':rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:love that description about FJ. My husband is a ride rider too. In over 30 years of marriage no ride has ever made him sick until he met Forbidden Journey.:rotfl::rotfl: He loves any coasters. Things like the Tea Cups, Star Tours, Body Wars, Simpsons, Spider man, etc never phase him. However, the first time he rode FJ he came off green and felt off the rest of the day.:rotfl: I think it's funny, because I'm usually the ride chicken, but spinning rides and motion simulators have never bothered me. FJ is no different. I can ride it over and over and usually use the single rider line to do so when I'm down there. My husband can take a Antivert and do it once and still feel OK, but says it still leaves him feeling just a little off, so will only ride it once. He then goes does Dueling Dragons, while I get my fill of riding FJ repeatedly. :rotfl:

I just came back from 4 days - and honestly every time I walked past Simpons ride I didn't want to go onto it - kept thinking to myself "tomorrow"

I went on FJ again and came off with no problems, but didn't want to push my luck with the jerky nature of the last part of the simpsons ride.

Now that I sit here at work, I kind of wished I had went on to Simpsons... but with the simpsons ride (even express pass) you have to wait 2 cycles of the ride, and I guess I didn't feel like waiting outside, then lining up inside, then finally getting to go on the ride.

With FJ - I did single rider and literally walked directly onto the ride.

just rode it an hour ago..may be the best simulator ride i ve ever been on..i was worried i would get sick as well..but i didnt

I'd be more worried about The Simpson's ride if you're at all claustrophobic. You're waiting to board the car in a tiny room with the walls shaking all around you then you board a tiny (seats 6 or 8 I was too traumatized to remember) car that closes up even smaller still in a tiny room...

Can you tell I was traumatized by the experience? I almost had a panic attack in the first tiny room. Then when you get into the car a Team Member asked if anyone was claustrophobic and when I tried to raise my my hand and say I was all that did me was get me smacked with the door as she closed it...

I think your post single-handedly made the decision for me. I am prone to motion sickness (not severe, though) and I am somewhat claustrophobic. I think that combination would make this ride not very fun for me.

Sounds like FJ is hit or miss re: motion sickness for people, so I'm not too worried. I'll chew gum (just regular, not ginger) like I do on simulator rides and I'm sure it will be fine. I haven't read too much about the ride because I want to be surprised. I'm so excited!

I too get terrible motion sickness. I went on body wars once and that was it for me. Star tours made me sick as well. I was okay with TOT until they made it 7 drops..UGH I can do RnR and coaster rides. Spidey doesn't bother me either.

Anyhow,does anyone know how long simpsons ride is as well as FJ.. I can only take it a few minutes.?

I really want to ride both but will have to plan ahead.

Why oh why do we get motion sickness? We so miss out on the best rides ever:headache:

Try Bonine! When we visited Orlando 10 years ago, I got motion sick on Star Tours, MIB, Back to the Future type rides. This time I took Bonine on the advice of others from this board (even non-drowsy Dramamine makes me sleepy). It was amazing. When we went this April, I rode everything (including The Simpsons Ride) at WDW/Universal that might make some prone to motion sickness feel queasy and had NO problems. My adult daughter has the same motion sickness problems, took Bonine, and also had no queasiness issues. We had heard that FJ caused motion sickness but were determined to ride it no matter what so I came armed with Bonine, ginger candy, and mints. The Bonine did the trick without having to try the others remedies.

Try Bonine! When we visited Orlando 10 years ago, I got motion sick on Star Tours, MIB, Back to the Future type rides. This time I took Bonine on the advice of others from this board (even non-drowsy Dramamine makes me sleepy). It was amazing. When we went this April, I rode everything (including The Simpsons Ride) at WDW/Universal that might make some prone to motion sickness feel queasy and had NO problems. My adult daughter has the same motion sickness problems, took Bonine, and also had no queasiness issues. We had heard that FJ caused motion sickness but were determined to ride it no matter what so I came armed with Bonine, ginger candy, and mints. The Bonine did the trick without having to try the others remedies.

Bonine and Less-Drowsy Dramamine are the same formulation. Both are meclizine.

I tried bonine when I was on a cruise and it didn't work but I will try it again. I cannot get drowsy though!

Is there anything else I can try?

I take the less drowsy formula of Dramamine, and the only ride between WDW and UO that makes me queasy is the Simpsons (not counting spinning rides!).

Tried again a couple weeks ago this past May, and the same results. Unfortunately I am done with the Simpson's ride.

We just got back. I have trouble with motion sickness and I was worried. I had no trouble with Spiderman. FJ bothered me on the screen portions( but so worth getting sick to ride this amazing ride.) and Simpsons was a one time ride for me. It ended up being my kids favorite so I just sent them off to ride it by themselves over and over while I waited on a bench at the exit. But like FJ, Simpsons is worth getting sick on once to experience it. It really is a funny ride with a great queue.

Going to Universal for the first time next month and researching all the rides. I read on here somewhere that someone thought the Simpsons ride could cause motion sickness if you are prone to it. I've been on the Star Wars simulator ride at HS and like it "for the most part" but there are certain times where it can make me quesy. Definitely only a one-time ride a day for me. I don't mind rides generally but simulators have the potential to make me quesy - particulary if there are any scenes that spin a lot on the screen. Any advice? Thanks!

Makes me queasy on it. I have to look away from the screen through most of it or I will feel terrible. It is a fun ride for my family who thankfully do not suffer with this condition!

I wanted to report back on my experience with this. I was nervous about riding. It's wasn't that bad. I did close my eyes every now and then, but overall, I'm glad I did it. It's a cute ride. I watched The Simpsons show for the first 10 years and haven't watched it since, so it was a nice trip down memory lane. I liked the story line a lot. I can't believe I managed to ride all of the simulators (some more than once) -- I didn't take anything -- just closed my eyes when I needed to and just talked myself out of feeling sick (and chewed gum). Worth going on if you like The Simpsons.

We were just there this month. Simpsons was the first ride we did early in the morning. NOW... I LOVE Spiderman. I Loved HP. I LOVE Startours. For some reason... The Simpsons ride just did not do it for me. Its weird. I didn't feel sick during the ride, I just felt "strange" when I got off. Needless to say... this was a 1&Done for me.

Just back - I waved off of the Simpsons but in retrospect - probably could have handled it with the dramamine in me. But it was right after MIB - no one told me they love to spin you around A LOT in that one! So after that I figured I better not press my luck. I did find FJ to be a little dissettling. Again, had the dramamine in me, but felt like I needed to close me eyes several times to get through it. Glad I rode it but don't need to ride it again. I felt a little "off" for a while afterwards but not necessarily sick.

As someone earlier said....it just depends on the person. I love coasters but can't do some of them back to back. Everest and Mummy are examples because of the backwards motion. Tower of Terror doesn't bother me at all in terms of motion sickness. I could ride that one over and over again. I get VERY nauseated on Spiderman and Star Tours but can pull those off. No problems with riding Hulk, Rock n Roller Coaster, RipRideRockit, and Dueling dragons as long as I take a little break in between. I was at US several years ago and rode Jimmy Neutron then MIB then hopped right on Simpsons and PUKED MY FREAKIN GUTS UP. Started in the first minute of the ride. Had Nothing in my stomach but bile. It was miserable. For the record I can do Harry Potter once and close my eyes a couple times and I am fine. The Simpsons for me though........sheer retching. That ride is the DEVIL......

Okay I don't do coasters , the DROP is what petrifies me !!! I LOVE Soaring and Dinasaur , and have heard theat FJ is somewhat a combination in Soarin' is a simulator and Dinasaur is very jerky . I have crossed the English Channel in rough seas and had no motion sickness , so I would guess I don't suffer from it !!! As for claustrophic , elevators don't bother me , even when I wa stuck in one !! So do you think I might be okay on HP???

I'd be more worried about The Simpson's ride if you're at all claustrophobic. You're waiting to board the car in a tiny room with the walls shaking all around you then you board a tiny (seats 6 or 8 I was too traumatized to remember) car that closes up even smaller still in a tiny room...

Can you tell I was traumatized by the experience? I almost had a panic attack in the first tiny room. Then when you get into the car a Team Member asked if anyone was claustrophobic and when I tried to raise my my hand and say I was all that did me was get me smacked with the door as she closed it...

JUST THE PERSON I NEED :cheer2:

Okie dokie - I am claustrophobic, so thanks for the heads up on The Simpsons. I rode Back to the Future once & did fine on it, but was not thrilled with it and once was enough that trip. I would do it again - once :thumbsup2 Sounds similar, only now they put your individual car in a box??? That would be really bad!

So - what do you think about me doing FJ? I love simulator rides. I hate drops on coasters, but "drops" on simulators (like Spiderman) I absolutely love! I can probably hand the flinging you backwards (?) on FJ, but I am seriously worried that I will feel trapped while riding.

Any thoughts? Actually any advice on any rides would be helpful. Star Tours (old one) is about the extent of what I can handle with the claustrophobia. That and Spiderman. Love the simulator part though - so I deal with the closed in feeling. :thumbsup2

JUST THE PERSON I NEED :cheer2:

Okie dokie - I am claustrophobic, so thanks for the heads up on The Simpsons. I rode Back to the Future once & did fine on it, but was not thrilled with it and once was enough that trip. I would do it again - once :thumbsup2 Sounds similar, only now they put your individual car in a box??? That would be really bad!

The interior of the building is the same as it was in the BTTF days, just different paint jobs and the ride vehicle has a different skin on it. If you could handle the small little holding room and boarding room in BTTF, you should be able to handle the Simpsons ones.

The interior of the building is the same as it was in the BTTF days, just different pain jobs and the ride vehicle has a different skin on it. If you could handle the small little holding room and boarding room in BTTF, you should be able to handle the Simpsons ones.

Thank you :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter