• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

simpsons after disney again?

BRERALEX

That's a wrap.
I heard a commercial on the radio this morning for an all new simpsons on sunday and what i heard was Homer telling someone, 'don't worry we'll hide you somewhere where theres noone around for miles...disneys california adventure.'

So im thinking maybe it'll be an all new disney bashing episode, i never saw any of the past ones, maybe this'll be a funny episode.

The older one where Ms. Crabapple was up for the Teacher of the Year at EFCOT. was pretty funny. It's all in good fun.

I agree with Disneybag. And who doesn't the Simpson's make fun of at some point? NOT to might be more of an insult. ;)

im all for a funny great episode i was just trying to be sensitive to the 'super'disney apologists

'don't worry we'll hide you somewhere where theres noone around for miles...disneys california adventure
That's a great line. We'll have to try to catch this episode.

Originally posted by BRERALEX

So im thinking maybe it'll be an all new disney bashing episode, i never saw any of the past ones, maybe this'll be a funny episode.
A funny simpsons episode? Not since 1999. Let it die, Fox, let it die.

what you want fox to let the simpsons die. i think that the older the show has gotten the better the shows have gotten. i really don't see how anyone could say that.

Let The Simpsons die? Never! But, getting back to the origional issue, they have based California Adventure before, I think it was where Bart and Lisa were visiting a prison and Lisa said, "This is the worst place in the world." Bart replies, "What about Disney's California Adventure?" Lisa says, " I stand corrected." Something like that.
So far they haven't made a dig at WDW, but at some point it's bound to happen...

For the record, we just got back from a long weekend at Disney Land and had a great time. We really enjoyed DCA.

Trip report:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=461820

As far as the Simpson's Bashing DCA? Let'em. Publicity is good, and it seems the people of this board don't like DCA. I had a blast there!!!!!

:bounce:

We spent a fun 1/2 day at DCA. ;)

I agree that the Simpsons only gets better with age, at least their Halloween shows do.

"So far they haven't made a dig at WDW, but at some point it's bound to happen..."

Did you see the episode where they went to EFCOT? It was mentioned in an above post. It definately made a dig at WDW.

Did you see the episode where they went to EFCOT?
One of my favorites!
Homer spends the whole episode trying to get out of EFCOT and into "Disneyworld". At the end, he finally makes it over the razor wire covered wall and says, "One churro, please".
"That'll be $37.00"
"DOH!"

I live near Raleigh, NC and I remember distinctly, two different episdoes where they refer to (poke fun at) Raleigh-Durham (two entirely different cities), one was at a Hullabalooza concert where the banner said the Raleigh-Durham Skoal Bowl and the other was when Kelsey Grammer playing Sideshow Bob said something about jetting off to Raleigh-Durham (I thought it was hilareous) plus I thought, hey we must have hit the big time to be mentioned twice on the Simpsons!

I'll just never forget Monty Burns singing "See My Vest" (to a tune very similar to "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast) in the episode that was a take off on 101 Dalmatians....

I've never seen the EFCOT one....I'll have to try to find it somewhere.

You must see the ones about:

1. Duff Gardens

2. Itchy and Scratchy Land

3. Mount Splashmore

They all satirize our favorite place. A must see!

My personal favorite was the Frenchman at Euro Itchy and Scratchy Land standing in a ticket booth in front of an empty parking lot.

"Itchy and Scratchy Land open for business! Come on! My kids need wine!"

What a coincidence! After reading this thread yesterday the Efcot episode was on Fox last night! I had never seen it before and it was hilarious. I loved Homer's response to seeing the park from the plane : "It's even boring to fly over!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter