Simple Thing a Cast Member Did...

Prior to his first trip we bought our 5 year old grandson a pair of Mickey sunglasses at a non Disney store in our home town. Needless to say about a day or two into our Disney trip these glasses had disappeared, which upset him to no end. We were in one of the gift shops in MK and were looking at sunglasses for him. A nice CM stopped by and asked what type of sunglasses he was looking for. He told her he lost his favorite Mickey glasses. She asked if there were any that looked like his. He pointed to a pair and she said hold on a minute, took them with her, came back, said she checked and she was pretty sure these were his and handed them to him. He was happy as could be. I whispered to her that we did not buy then in Disney and would gladly pay for them - and she told me Mickey just would not allow that!

Last Wednesday, we were in the FP line for Buzz Lightyear. The line wasn't moving at all and the loud, constant drumming playing over the speakers was too much for my autistic 7 yr old. I excused us out of the line & when we got to the CMs they asked why we were leaving. I explained & told them it wasn't a big deal and that we'd try again later. Instead, the girl asked us to follow her and she led us all the way around the building. She took us in a side door and they put us directly on the ride. Then when we left, I noticed something white in our stroller tray. It turned out to be Buzz Lightyear stickers :)

That is so magical!!!

We are here now and staying at BLT. Last night my daughter lost a tooth and was sure that the Tooth Fairy would not find her here at disney. She was crying so I said,I will call the front desk and just check that the Tooth Fairy does indeed come here. I told the CM (this was on the line that reaches the CMs here at the Contempoary bc I had that number from a minor room incident we had, so not the general line) that my daughter was listening in on the call. CM explained that TF does come to disney and that Tink also comes with her sometimes and leaves something too, since they are both fairies. This was around bedtime, so I put the usual dollar plus a "baby princesses" pin set and lanyard that I brought along to give her as a surprise anyway. Worked out great and she was thrilled. More so today when we returned from the park and there was a white chocolate Tink and 5 chocolate covered strawberries! Plus a sweet note! They have been so wonderful this trip! Magical indeed!

Ours happened with one of the characters at Animal Kingdom.

Out youngest daughter is in the autism spectrum and was 7 years old at the time. She is verbal and and loves characters, so before we left for Disney I had printed off a bunch of autograph pages with the characters names and cartoon pictures to help her remember who she was looking for.

So many of the characters made such a fuss over these pictures - they really seemed to enjoy the fact that we had these. This was especially true of less familiar characters such as the stepsisters, princes, and other friends of main characters.

When we got to where King Louie was meeting children at AK, his handler told us that King Louie will pose for pictures, but he can not sign autographs. I think it is probably difficult for him to sign because he can't really move his fingers the way some other characters can.

My daughter was so excited to see him, she ran up to him and gave him a big hug and said, "Look King Louie I have your picture!" as she showed him the autograph picture page she had. I reminded her that King Louie wouldn't be able to sign the page, and then I stepped back to take her picture.

Louie signaled for me to come back to him and then tried to get the handler's attention. She did not know what he wanted, so when she came closer, he pantomimed signing the page. She said "It's ok Louie I already told them you don't sign." He kept signaling to her and then began pointing to our marker and then at his fingers. He did this several times and she said "Do you want to sign?" and he shook his head yes! She took the cap off and put the marker between his fingers like he way showing her, and sure enough he signed it for us!

I don't know if it was because he realized my daughter has special needs, if it was because she had shown him his picture, or if he just wanted to sign because she seemed to love him, so much, but he really made our day. She still talks about King Louie signing her book!

Kim :)

Love this!!!pixiedust: Stories like these are just so sweet. Watching your daughter running up to give louie a hug, must be such a great memory for you. Thanks for sharing.

twodogs said:
We are here now and staying at BLT. Last night my daughter lost a tooth and was sure that the Tooth Fairy would not find her here at disney. She was crying so I said,I will call the front desk and just check that the Tooth Fairy does indeed come here. I told the CM (this was on the line that reaches the CMs here at the Contempoary bc I had that number from a minor room incident we had, so not the general line) that my daughter was listening in on the call. CM explained that TF does come to disney and that Tink also comes with her sometimes and leaves something too, since they are both fairies. This was around bedtime, so I put the usual dollar plus a "baby princesses" pin set and lanyard that I brought along to give her as a surprise anyway. Worked out great and she was thrilled. More so today when we returned from the park and there was a white chocolate Tink and 5 chocolate covered strawberries! Plus a sweet note! They have been so wonderful this trip! Magical indeed!

This is awesome!

About 5 years ago, my wife and I were celebrating our first anniversary and had our anniversary pins on. We were at the American pavilion looking around when a CM came up to us and asked our name and where we were from. He said they had an important phone call and they had been looking for us, which made us nervous that something bad had happened. He took us to a phone and it was Mickey singing Happy Anniversary to us. He then took us to the Liberty Inn and announced to everyone it was our anniversary and had them cheer for us, followed by a free dessert. Don't know how often this happens, but it really made our day more special. My wife thought i had set it all up.

Somehow I'm thinking that I may have already posted this story here. If so, my apologies!

Last summer, in Epcot, my husband tripped and hurt his finger. He could still bend it, so he put it out of his mind.

A day and a half later, it was red, hot, and the infection was spreading to the adjacent finger.

It was our last day at WDW. But after a stop at first aid that afternoon, he got into a cab and headed to the ER.

Once there, the doctors realized that his blood sugars were through the roof, and wanted to admit him. Treating the infection was tricky because of the sugar numbers.

I went to the Beach Club desk that evening in tears. He had a few thousand dollars worth of camera equipment with him, and I had no idea of how to pack it up or of what we would do if he wasn't released in the morning.

The CMs were wonderful!!! They gave us the room until 1 pm. Then, when my husband did get released later that night, they sent the prescription up to us, covered the cab fare, and gave us the use of the room until late afternoon when our DME bus came. It meant we were able to hit rope drop, get on a few of our big favorites, and then get back to the room to check out. They gave us that last day to make up for the day we spent worrying.

(As a PS, when we got home, he spent 5 days in the hospital with a Staph infection; my guess would be the hot tub. His finger was broken, though under the nail where it wasn't obvious. He has since gotten his diabetes under control.)

I wrote a thank you letter, naming the particular CMs who had been so very helpful. Not only did I receive a written response, but also a phone call asking how my husband was feeling.

You simply cannot beat Disney's customer service.

My magical moment was from our first trip when my youngest dd was only 2. Her favorite character was Snow White and we hadn't seen her all week. We had asked a CM who told us that Snow White would be out in Germany in about 15 minutes. So, we sat on a bench waiting for Snow White to come out. We didn't see her coming out, but my dd did and she went running through the crowd yelling Snow White's name. Snow White didn't miss a beat and bent down just in time to catch my dd in a great big hug. And the photopass photographer was snapping pictures the whole time. We saw Snow White later that trip and she remembered dd. My favorite picture from the whole trip was this:
snowwhite.jpg

My magical moment was from our first trip when my youngest dd was only 2. Her favorite character was Snow White and we hadn't seen her all week. We had asked a CM who told us that Snow White would be out in Germany in about 15 minutes. So, we sat on a bench waiting for Snow White to come out. We didn't see her coming out, but my dd did and she went running through the crowd yelling Snow White's name. Snow White didn't miss a beat and bent down just in time to catch my dd in a great big hug. And the photopass photographer was snapping pictures the whole time. We saw Snow White later that trip and she remembered dd. My favorite picture from the whole trip was this:

Omg that brought tears to my eyes!!! So sweet!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I wrote a thank you letter, naming the particular CMs who had been so very helpful. Not only did I receive a written response, but also a phone call asking how my husband was feeling.

You simply cannot beat Disney's customer service.

I had the same response when I commended a CM at one of the stores (nothing as significant as your experience) on a post-trip survey. I received an email thanking me, in which I gave a more detailed description of what took place, and a few days later a phone call thanking me again and telling me that my email had gone into the CM's record. We just returned from Aulani and I took care to commend several CM's in their survey, who I hope will also have the comments inserted in their records.

I try to pick out one castmember for each day we are there! I try to spread the pixie dust to the ones that make our trip even more magical!:)

A recent one, and sadly I was stupid enough to not take a name tag picture.
About 1:00, our girls (4 and 5) were complaining of being hungry, so we headed to Pinocchio Haus for lunch. Shortish line, should be no issue - except the person in front of us took our food (and when later asked by a castmember, would shrug and say he had already picked off the extra toppings). So we had to wait for everything to be remade, and the resulting wait meant meltdowns... The sweet woman behind the counter not only came out to carry our tray, but she also insisted on finding us a spot in the shade, gave the girls plenty of stickers and produced PhilharMagic fast passes for us. I admit that I was on the edge of frustration myself, but this castmember brought me back to Disney magic. The day carried on with no hitches, and I am so thankful for her.

We had great service from a cast member at the princess meet and greet today at MK.
DD's favourite princess is Rapunzel and after being at MK for a couple of hours she couldn't wait any longer. We walked back down Main Street and saw the stand by time was 90 mins. We couldn't get a fast pass at that time so eventually decided to wait. The CM at the entrance asked whether we knew how long the wait would be and we explained that DD REALLY wanted to meet Rapunzel so we would wait. Well we lasted 5 minutes before DS had a meltdown and we had to leave. The CM approached us and said she had a spare fast pass and we could go straight through. It went from a 90 minute wait to a 10 minute wait. I was so grateful.

We had great service from a cast member at the princess meet and greet today at MK.
DD's favourite princess is Rapunzel and after being at MK for a couple of hours she couldn't wait any longer. We walked back down Main Street and saw the stand by time was 90 mins. We couldn't get a fast pass at that time so eventually decided to wait. The CM at the entrance asked whether we knew how long the wait would be and we explained that DD REALLY wanted to meet Rapunzel so we would wait. Well we lasted 5 minutes before DS had a meltdown and we had to leave. The CM approached us and said she had a spare fast pass and we could go straight through. It went from a 90 minute wait to a 10 minute wait. I was so grateful.

Now that is Disney magic!!

Had to take my DGD age 8 out of the Haunted Mansion today when she got scared. A CM came up, looked at her upset face and the fact that she was wearing a Rapnuzel dress and carrying Pascal and asked if she knew where the hidden Pascal's were. He took us over by the new Tangled area, pointed out a few and told us there were 10 hidden there.

We only found 5 but it took her mind off leaving the ride and her embarrassment and was a really sweet thing to do!

We were in DHS a couple years back and walking towards Tower of terror. All of a sudden a castmember cleaning the side walk, walked right up to me and my mum, stared at us for a second, and loudly exclaimed "supercalifragalistic-" then stopped. He looked at us expectantly for a moment until we uncertainly replied "expialidocious?". "Yes!" he yelled, and continued on his way.

My mum and I stopped at simply looked at one another for a moment before bursting out in laughter. It was just one of those small magical moments that neither of us will ever forget! We still reenact that conversation with each other all the time

It was one of the last nights of our college program and six of us went to, Cinderella's Royal Table, for dinner, our server's name was Scott and he was just so wonderful! Incredibly attentive to our orders and questions and he even brought us wishing stars with our wands and swords and really made us feel special. At the end of the night we were the last to leave the restaurant so before we left we asked him to sign our autograph book and he wrote, "May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live!"
It was easily the best night we had with some of the best service we ever received.

My family's experiences both happened at Disneyland.

A couple of years ago on the first full day of our annual trip, my son was walking the last couple hundred yards to the park with some classmates. Somehow he got tangled up in his feet and fell face first onto the concrete. Yeah, lovely. No need to describe the gory scene but we just needed to get to first aid as we knew it wasn't anything serious. Even though the CM at the gate didn't want to let us in despite the blood coming down my sons mouth she eventually agreed after several mins. So where is te positive part you ask?

The nurse at First Aid could not have been nicer. She helped calm him down and get him in a better mood. At te same time a security guard came in and saw my son. To cheer him up he gave him a pin, his first ever. Once he was finally in a ok enough mood to hit the park the nurse gave him a Golden Ticket for any ride he chose. I am thankful at times he chose Astro Blasters since he never needed to use it and still has that souvenir.

The other event was last year. 20 mins after rope drop, both of my sons and I were In a completely deserted Fantasyland. The ground was slick an my youngest slipped and fell. He was completely fine but as most three year olds will do, started crying because he fell. A CM saw what happened and kept walking toward Bibbidi Bobbiidi Boutique. While I wiped my sons tears and told him he was fine, the CM came back with a knight's sword for him to cheer him up. Needless to say that did more than anything i could do as Dad.

A number of years ago ( possibly 05 or 06 ) I went with my parents to WDW for their anniversary vacation. We were staying at ASMu, my choice, and my mother really wanted to go check out DTD one night and eat at the Rainforest Cafe. She was doing peritoneal dialysis at the time and had a hard time walking, so we had rented her an ECV from a local company. The treatment was every night for 8 or more hours, so we planned to go, get dinner, and get back so she could finish her treatment in time to be up early for the next day. We hadn't realized at the time that the buses from our resort were shared with the others since it was our first stay on site on our own. Being so late into the night, all the buses that came through were full - too full for the three of us and mom's ECV. We waited patiently for about two hours to see if 'maybe the next bus would have room' but people would not budge. My father went into the lobby to talk to someone at the desk and what happened next will never fail to amaze me. Not only did the CM at the front desk offer to check on a bus, when that option wasn't available, he called for a wheelchair accessible van/cab for us to take to DTD. Not only did Disney pay for our cab fare both ways, they also paid for our complete meal at the restaurant to make sure we were taken care of - after calling to make sure we would have reservations to get in so we wouldn't be waiting half of the night. I still have my light up souvenir cup and the memories of a wonderful time.

Wow, that was lengthy!

I can think of two. On our first Disney cruise (Magic) coming back on the ship from Cozumel, I realized I did not have my camera once we got back to our cabin. I was sh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter