Simple Thing a Cast Member Did...

On our first trip as a family, we went to SciFi for dinner. Server found out and gave us extra dessert and a straw cup filled w/ caramel corn.

Second trip as a family [celebrating my bday], our room @ ASM was further from the food court than I expected. I called the front desk and asked if we could be moved a little closer. They moved us to first floor in Toy Story....and moved all of our belongings for us.

Same trip....an entire GROUP of Brazilian girls serenaded me with Happy Birthday while waiting for Illuminations. The guys in the group brought me beers.

Third trip.....during EMH @ MK, Pluto took my daughter on Cinderella's Carousel and th CM put her on Cinderella's horse.

Also on 3rd trip...ate at 50's Prime Time....I went to the bathroom and when I got back "mom" was taking orders and asked why I was "late for dinner". When I told her, she asked "did you wash your hands?" I replied "yes, mom". She followed up with "what color was the soap?" When I answered correctly, she said, "that's my boy!" and gave us dinner for free......so we gave her a $50 tip and took a "family picture" with her. :thumbsup2

My son was so excited about getting to see Stitch when we went several years ago and we looked for him everywhere. He was supposed to be at Typhoon Lagoon the day we were there and it rained so hard they took all the characters inside before we got to see him. DS was sad but we promised to find him before we left. On our last day at AK we happened to be right in the spot where Stitch was going to be appearing. We got in line and when they found out my son was such a big fan Stitch pullled us all in, took several pix w/ us and signed my son's hat and tshirt(which had Stitch on them btw). My son floated for the rest of the day and refused to take his shirt off for several days.

Just returned from 10 days at the World. On our last full day we headed out to HS in the afternoon. My DS and DH went to ride TOT which had a 15 minute wait time and my DD and I went to ride Rock and Roll Rollercoaster. Unfortunately the wait time was 50 min :sad1: so we decided to visit one of the booths set up outside the ride (where kids can decorate a cardboard CD with stickers) until my DS and DH were done with TOT. The CM manning the booth was talking with my DD, who had a blue tounge and lips from drinking gatorade. Another boy at the table was saying that he did not feel like riding that day and my DD commented that she really wanted to ride but the wait time was too long. The CM asked if it was only the 2 of us and we said yes. She said that since she liked my DD's blue lips so much she handed us 2 fastpasses so we could ride. :cheer2: We were totally excited and grateful!! We got off our ride at the exact same time my DH and DS got off TOT so we could all hook up and go to the Great Movie Ride together. That fastpass made our day. :banana::banana:

On our trip in 08, my daughter and I had lunch at CRT. It had been really slow getting into the restaurant, and it went fairly slowly inside. Once we were done, I asked our server to get our check quickly as we had really hoped to find Ariel during the afternoon parade when lines were hopefully slower. When he brought my change, there was a certificate for a fastpass for ANY attraction (FP or not). We got to use it to see Ariel with no wait. It was pure Disney magic and we were on cloud 9 the rest of the day.

It got even better when the attendant refused to keep the FP, telling us to go use it somewhere else. We ran over to Tomorrowland where we got to use it to avoid the ever so slow moving Astrorbiter line! :banana:

Last trip a CM walked up to us at DHS and handed us fastpasses for Tower of Terror. The simple easy things are the best to me.

2 come to mind right away...
In 2008, we were at MK bright and early, saw the opening show at rope drop
Did all the Fantasy land rides twice with no lines, headed over to BTMRR and then Splash Mtn
My youngest DS has this Elmo doll, he goes on every vacation with us and we have tons of vacation Elmo pics. Well, we took Elmo on Splash Mtn for
the photo, and I had him in the front seat with me. After the ride, we were checking out our photo and laughing. A CM named Melissa, came up and said
"Oh, I think you can do better than that, wanna ride again?" And she let us go thru the back way and get right back on with no wait! We were freaking out! :banana:

The next was at Beaches and Cream, it was Nov, a litle chilly at night.
We went to eat dinner and then have No Way Jose's
The table we were sitting at was right under some fans, and my boys were freezing, especially eating ice cream. So our CM, went and got some warm towels,and wrapped them around my kids shoulders to warm them up. I'll never forget that!
Disney does have THE BEST customer service!

On our trip in the beginnig of October last year we went to the Magic Kingdom on day 1. We forgot our sunscreen so we directly headed to the next shop to buy some.
The CM on the counter asked us if we were enjoying our stay at WDW. We told her that it was my friends first trip and that we were so angry about ourselves that we forgot our sunscreen.

She told us to wait a minute, she'll get a first-time-visitor-button. When she came back she told us that she didn't found one, but gave us 2 small thin sunscreen packages for free. I don't know how to explain in English. Small things to open up on the top and the content is enough for 2 adults. We were so grateful, because the sunscreen seemed to be very expensive.

When we were at the Studios we were queuing for Toy Story. We didn't know what the ride was like, but we already had a lot of fun in the queue line. It took about 80 minutes when we sat in the vehicles, still not knowing what will happen on this ride.
When the ride ended we were laughing so loud that everyone was looking at us. We had SO much fun on this ride, we nearly were not able to exit the ride because we were laughing so hard about that what happened in the last 3 minutes.

A CM walked over to us and asked if we had fun. We gave him an overwhelming YES and he handed us out 2 FP's.
That was very magical for us in that moment.

A couple of things come to mind:

My 8 year old had an Angel stuffed animal from the Disney Store. She got it for the car ride down to Disney, so it was practically brand new. The stitching in her neck starting coming out and dd was so sad about it. She was looking around the Emporium one afternoon and trading pins with a very nice CM. She mentioned the problem with Angel to the CM, who asked to see Angel. She said they don't exchange Disney Store items because they are different. Dd was a little bummed, but OK with it. Then the CM said, "Let me have Angel for a minute." She took her into the back and in a few minutes came out with a much larger and much nicer Angel. She said she sent the sick Angel to the doll hospital to be repaired and would love to replace her with this one. My dd was super-excited!

My 3 year old was doing the "stuff your My Little Pony box" at the toy store in Downtown Disney. There was an awesome CM there that was able to put 3 ponies plus everyoutfit and accessory in that tiny box. I watched her do it and still have no idea how everything fit! She was awesome!

I have another bus story... My mom and I were at WDW with my son back in 2006 when Hurricane/Tropical Storm Ernesto moved through Florida. We'd spent most of the day at AK and then went to AKL to have dinner at Boma. After dinner, we were waiting in the rain for a bus back to AK to then catch the bus back to our resort. A bus pulled up, not even the bus we were waiting for, and the driver asked us where we were going. My mom explained that we were headed back to our resort. The driver told us to hop on, and took us directly back to our resort (CB) and dropped us off right next to our building, not even at the bus stop. It was so nice; we were so tired and bummed by the storm, and it was just what we needed to perk us up a bit.

I have another bus story... My mom and I were at WDW with my son back in 2006 when Hurricane/Tropical Storm Ernesto moved through Florida. We'd spent most of the day at AK and then went to AKL to have dinner at Boma. After dinner, we were waiting in the rain for a bus back to AK to then catch the bus back to our resort. A bus pulled up, not even the bus we were waiting for, and the driver asked us where we were going. My mom explained that we were headed back to our resort. The driver told us to hop on, and took us directly back to our resort (CB) and dropped us off right next to our building, not even at the bus stop. It was so nice; we were so tired and bummed by the storm, and it was just what we needed to perk us up a bit.

I LOVE that Disney empowers its employees to do this sort of thing. Any other company..... that bus employee might have been disciplined for thinking outside the box.....

These are the reasons we go back to Disney over and over again. These little magical moments are what we remember.
And in the more than 35 years I have been going to WDW, I am proud to say that there are too many magical moments to list. :goodvibes

I have two from my wife and I's honeymoon trip to WDW on a cold and rainy week in January several years ago.

We were at AK on a particularly cool and rainy day. As we were both from hardy Scandanavian stock born and raised in MN and WI respectively, my wife and I treated this low 60's day like any other spring day back home...with shorts and t-shirts, much to the amusement of the CMs. One CM running a kiosk called out to us from underneath her winter parka, "You two must be from MN!" We said we were and were there on our honeymoon (at the time we new nothing about the special occasion pins, so we weren't wearing anything special and it never came up before then). She told us to wait right there, and she went into her kiosk and presented us with a certificate to celebrate our special occasion, and sprinkled us with "pixie dust" saying that the rest of our trip will be even more magical. About 15 minutes later, the sun came out and warmed up the park. Pixie dust indeed!

The second incident actually happened earlier in the week, at the Princess Breakfast at the Akershus. I should mention that DW is a HUGE Sleeping Beauty/Maleficent fan. And that we were the only couple in the joint with no kids. Well, the princesses stayed and chatted with us just as long as they did with any of the other tables (with the exception of Mulan, she was a little cold towards us). We joked with Jasmine and how cold she must be in her outfit, and how much Mary Poppins looked like my wife's cousin, but the topper was when Sleeping Beauty came to the table. My wife lost it, just started bawling and gave SB a huge hug! SB gave me a quick, worried look, to which I replied with a smile, "You're her favorite." And she smiled and was back into character in an instant, thanking my wife for visiting and what a pleasure it was to meet her. My wife beemed like a 2nd grader the rest of the day!

Those two moments made the whole trip worth it.

TL

On our June trip this year while standing in line to pay for a purchase at The World of Disney store my wife and DD 9 who happened to be wearing her Disney birthday button the CM answered the phone. She then handed the phone to my daughter and said it was for her.
Well, my daughter could not figure who cold be calling her she says hello and it's Mickey Mouse wishing her a happy birthday. She left the store with the biggest smile I had ever seen.

My wife lost it, just started bawling and gave SB a huge hug! SB gave me a quick, worried look, to which I replied with a smile, "You're her favorite." And she smiled and was back into character in an instant, thanking my wife for visiting and what a pleasure it was to meet her. My wife beemed like a 2nd grader the rest of the day!

This made me cry because as we were leaving MK on our last night, I was bawling and saying "thank you" to every CM I saw. The looks on their faces were priceless... A lot of them gave me a hug and said, "come home(or back) soon!"

I totally know that feeling of "wow, I'm a kid again" at WDW! :lovestruc

We went to Disney for the very first time in April 2009 and when we went to Magic Kingdom for the first time a cast member pulled my son aside and gave him a "prince for the day" sticker to wear..Well,all the cast members made such a big deal over him that day in the park(they would say to him "look there's a prince" etc..) and all the characters that we met did too but the characters that really made a big deal over him were Ariel,Cinderella,Belle and Sleeping Beauty!!They all gave him kisses and they made him kiss him and they talked to him for a good amount of time!!I will never forget that!!!

We were there the week of my birthday in February 2009. I wore my birthday button everywhere, and loved the "Happy Birthday!" I got from all the CMs. I'll never forget during Spectromagic, though, Snow White came by on foot in her light up dress. It was dark, you know? But Snow White looked right at me, made eye contact and said "Happy Birthday!" Y'all, I felt SO special and totally like a kid again. Unforgettable!

This is the best thread! It made me so happy to read it!

On our last day of our vacation in 2008, our 4 yr old son would not get out of the stroller. He didn't want to ride anything, walk anywhere, or do anything. Peter Pan literally came down off of a roof and our other son ran over to him. Peter came over to our son in the stroller and talked him out of sitting there all day. He told him that he had adventures to go on and he might run into that codfish Cap. Hook. My son was totally into this, and got out of his stroller! We have the cutest pictures of the boys with Peter. Simple...but it made our whole day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter