• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Simple Question on ROFR

jaysue

DIS Veteran
Does Disney have to wait for a buyer to offer on a resale before potentially buying it up or can they go into the "open market" and buy up the resales if they wanted to?

thanks
jaysue

Can't imagine why Disney couldn't buy on the "open" market if they chose to do so. Of course that assumes the seller and Disney agree on the terms. Disney certainly doesn't have the right to unilaterally dictate the price or any other terms of the resale.

:eek: DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, have not played one on TV and have never studied Florida real estate laws. :eek:

I thought as much but thought I should check on the disboards

thanks
jaysue

They do not make money on resales, they are more into propping up the price. No reason or benefit for them to go into the open market though they could if they wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter