Simple Little Things to do at WDW

wils

<font color=ff6633>Has had Capt. Jack Sparrow on h
Our princess: DD will be 2 whilst we are at WDW. Of course we will be visiting the parks but I am aware that there will be days when she needs a more relaxed pace (No repeat of our pre-baby trip of 5 parks in 6 days then!)

I would be grateful for any ideas of short (and preferably cheap!) activities that she might enjoy. For example we are staying at ASMo and I know that one day (if not every day) we will play in 'Andy's room'.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received, as I said we are staying at ASMo and relying on Disney/Public transport

Many thanks

Jo

We love going to DTD and just hanging out, walking around and looking at all the stuff. Many times we go and dont buy a thing. I love the "free" Disney atmosphere.

Go to the petting farm at Fort Wilderness. They have pony rides. You can take the boat from MK. Also the Trails End buffet at Fort Wilderness is a great bargain.

Use the monorail and ask one of the CMs to sit in the front with the driver. You may need to wait for the next monorail if someone has already asked. This is fun & free!

I'm sure others will have lots more to add! :wave:

My DD#1, Caroline, was 2 and a half last time we went. She got more pure joy out of one thing than I saw at any other time except visiting Cinderella.

In Epcot, near the exit...I'm trying, but can't think exactly where; between the fountain and the exit...there is an area of these big tiles in the ground. There are lights underneath the tiles, and they move (must be on a rotating disk underneath), so that little pinpoints of light come up through the tiles. It sounds crazy, but my little girl lay on the ground with her daddy for a good half hour trying to put her fingers on the right place for the lights to come up next. It kept her completely occupied and content, late at night, while the Illuminations crowd was on its way out.

She also loved, loved, loved, the little jumping fountain at Epcot, near the Living Seas. She played and played (bring a change of clothes).

Let you DD take as long as she wants at Ariel's grotto, too. I've never seen a kid leave there voluntarily, and it's very refreshing for them.

Taking my daughter there at 2 and a half was absolutely wonderful for us. Fabulous. We went at an easy pace and let her visit characters, watch parades, and go on whatever she wanted to and could. It was very relaxing.

Enjoy!

Kris

We'll be down there in two weeks with a soon-to-be-two-year-old.

Here are some things we'll be doing:

Magic Kingdom (duh, no-brainer, right?) :bounce:
Sea World
Miniture Golf
Charecter Dinner (Crystal Palace)
Downtown Disney (kids love the water area)
Lots of pool-time

I like the Ft. WIlderness idea that was posted - my son loves going to our local zoo, so I'm sure this would be enjoyable.

Mrs. PB

Mr Poohbrain... I was considering Mini Golf with my almost 3 yr old DS but my DH seems to think he will be too young. I see that you are planning mini golf with your 2 yr old. Have you been to WDW mini golf before? Is it something geared to young kids? Thanks!!

At just under 3 our DD loved minigolf - shouted "It's in the hole!" every time she finally got the ball there. As for score, she got the number of whichever adult had the highest, unless she got a lower number on her own. We loved both courses, each has its own benefits.

For our girls feeding the fish over by the boat dock at MGM (they have coin op food machines) and on the Boardwalk was huge. They also loved to lead us, we would let them go whichever direction they wanted for a while, and just follow them and see what catches their eyes. Those are the best pictures, by far.

don't forget to do the ***FREE*** campfire and movie at Fort Wilderness. Eat s'mores by the fire (you can take your own fixins), rub elbows with Chip & Dale, and catch a Disney movie outside under the stars!!!

it's great for kids of ALL ages!

:earsgirl:
Pix

"Pixiedustforever"

If you're going around Christmas time, I think they usually have gingerbread houses at the Grand Floridian.

You can always just go "check out" another resort.

Thanks for your ideas everyone! I barely know where to start - a good position to be in.

I am so excited about seeing WDW through my child's eyes! I think that even simply walking into the Magic Kingdom for the first time and seeing the castle will be a huge thrill for her - little will she know that she will be having breakfast with Pooh & Co and also that as it's her birthday she'll be getting treats as well!!

Jo

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

It is magical. I took my two middle children last Sept, one had jsut turned two adn one was getting ready to turn three. It was totally awesome to see everything through their eyes and the excitement they had. They LOVED seeing the castle while on the monorail! One word of caution for you. Some kids at that age (mine in particular) HATE the characters. Alison liked the people characters (snow white, ariel, etc) but not the costumed ones. BJ wouldn't go near one at all. He wouldn't even watch the parade without screaming. I am hoping they do better this time around, we have been talking about it a lot. Just be prepared so you don't feel bummed out if it happens.

Originally posted by Suzanne74
Okay - I probably know this already but where is Ariel's Grotto??

Ariels grotto is straight back from the castle in Fantasyland. That was the longest line we waited in our whole vacation last year :( Ariel is there to get pictures taken and sign autographs

KathyPem

Thanks - good point about possible fear of huge costumed characters! I'm hoping she's OK but if she's not it will be um interesting! We took my nephew to Disneyland Paris a couple of years ago and he was terrified of all of them except Eeyore who he stroked!

We are busy watching old video of dh and me at Disney trying to prepare her - so got very excited about the Beauty and the Beast show at MGM and just sat there saying 'Wow oh Wow!'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter