Silver Pass family with one Gold - for Photos

NorweJenNY

Always expanding my knowledge of the World
I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to get a gold pass...

My family is fine with the blackout dates for Florida resident silver passes, but after being tired of not getting some PhotoPass photos in the past, I was thinking I might get a gold for this benefit.

If my sons go on a ride without me, will their photos be accessible if my band (gold pass) doesn't actually scan for the ride photos but theirs do?

If we travel with relatives at some point during the year, will their photos be accessible on my account should they go to a character that I don't go to?

Will this work with just one gold pass for the family, and let the rest of my family have silvers?

How long will the photos be available on my account... Is it 30 days or for the year?

Anything else I should consider?

Mine and a friends have all been accessible on my DS because we are family and friends.

I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to get a gold pass...

My family is fine with the blackout dates for Florida resident silver passes, but after being tired of not getting some PhotoPass photos in the past, I was thinking I might get a gold for this benefit.

1) If my sons go on a ride without me, will their photos be accessible if my band (gold pass) doesn't actually scan for the ride photos but theirs do?

2) If we travel with relatives at some point during the year, will their photos be accessible on my account should they go to a character that I don't go to?

3) Will this work with just one gold pass for the family, and let the rest of my family have silvers?

4) How long will the photos be available on my account... Is it 30 days or for the year?

Anything else I should consider?

1) yes
2) yes
3) yes
4) I believe pics expire after 90 days. Might have changed to a full year though now

EVERYONE gets everyone's photos of people linked in their friends and family list whether their at Disney or not. The new AP holder can download everyone's pictures. Everyone else will get a prompt asking if they want to buy a pic

As long as the person with the gold pass is linked to everyone you will see the photos and can download them. I actually had to go in and turn off the share feature for many friends because my photopass had a ton and when I downloaded it was way too big of files and caused the system to crash.

1) yes
2) yes
3) yes
4) I believe pics expire after 90 days. Might have changed to a full year though now

EVERYONE gets everyone's photos of people linked in their friends and family list whether their at Disney or not. The new AP holder can download everyone's pictures. Everyone else will get a prompt asking if they want to buy a pic

Thank you!

As long as the person with the gold pass is linked to everyone you will see the photos and can download them. I actually had to go in and turn off the share feature for many friends because my photopass had a ton and when I downloaded it was way too big of files and caused the system to crash.

Wow... How many photos did you get?! Where?!

Wow... How many photos did you get?! Where?!

They weren't just mine haha. I have one friend on my account who is a CM so in the parks all the time, another who did a runDisney event, a friend with 2 family trips, and did 2-3 trips of my own in the last year. All of those photos had to be downloaded at once or I had to individually download the ones I wanted. Either way it was a massive pain so now I have to turn off photopass sharing with people who I'm not visiting with if I want to download my most recent photos.

1) yes
2) yes
3) yes

I just went and looked and my DS has photos on his account from Dec 6 2015 on .... and that date was a week before he got his new AP. The day he got the new AP he also had photos of mine dating back to spring 2015 which he then downloaded for me.

I tried to download all the pictures on DS account the other night in hotel and it said it would take 2-3 hours (also has a connected friend who is CM) so I stopped and will do when I get home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter