• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Silly, silly LTT dinner question

MissElizabeth

Mouseketeer
We have dinner scheduled for LTT and now that I'm reviewing the menu I know my husband, my son and I will enjoy it, but DD not so much. I see that LTT sell pizza and chicken nuggets at lunch- does anyone know if they'd be willing to give my DD a pizza or some nuggets? She's an unfortunately picky girl. We normally don't cater to the pickyness, but on vacation we do.

Always worth asking, they may be able to accomodate you...though it's not menu at dinner time. Maybe you can switch to a late lunch if she won't eat the family style meal :confused3

Some people have had success asking for a different meal for a picky eater, others have NOT .I would prepare for the fact that they may not be able to accomodate you or change to a lunch adr.

I agree, I would switch to lunch. We all enjoy the menu selection here for lunch. This is a must do for all of our trips.

They would have to go to a different kitchen and bring back the nuggets, as they do not prepare them for dinner. It will be the luck of the draw whether or not you get someone who will do it. Unfortunately it may not be effective to feed the child at a CS before taking her there, because at an all you can eat family style dinner she'll likely be charged for the meal if she is at the table. Best you can do is probably to try lunch with the a la carte menu.

thank you all. I was hoping it would be as simple as popping a pizza in the oven :( Is there a number I can call to ask about it or have it noted on our reservation? If not, I will switch to lunch.

I am pretty sure that they will not bring in special food based on a preference (because kids don't like what is offered rather than a medical issue, religious restrictions or lifestyle choice). Even for allergies I am sure they would prepare allergy-safe meals in the restaurant's own kitchen, and if they don't have the ability to prepare a pizza at dinner that's not what would be made.

In that case, I will just change our ADR to lunch, or to another restaurant. I was not planning to massively inconvenience the waitstaff or kitchen, just thought it might be a simple request since they serve other childrens' items earlier in the day. Aside from the feasibility, I don't want my daughter to think she should be catered to to that extent, if that makes sense. We ease up on vacation; at home she has to eat whatever the kitchen prepares :rolleyes1

In that case, I will just change our ADR to lunch, or to another restaurant. I was not planning to massively inconvenience the waitstaff or kitchen, just thought it might be a simple request since they serve other childrens' items earlier in the day. Aside from the feasibility, I don't want my daughter to think she should be catered to to that extent, if that makes sense. We ease up on vacation; at home she has to eat whatever the kitchen prepares :rolleyes1

You do get a bowl of macaroni and cheese with your dinner. Would that suffice for your daughter?

'Ohana does it, but I think they do it because the kid's alternative selections come from the Kona kitchen which is right there (assuming Kona and 'Ohana don't share a kitchen for everything except 'Ohana's meats). I don't really know what kitchen they'd have to access to get nuggets or pizza for Liberty Tree dinner, if the Liberty Tree kitchen isn't prepared to cook them. 'Ohana is also considered more "exotic" than Liberty Tree and they probably got more complaints from parents whose kids wouldn't eat the regular fare.

There was a poster on the boards who called WDW-DINE about this very issue regarding 'Ohana and was told that in order for her child to get chicken nuggets she would have to order them a kosher meal. Besides being inaccurate ('Ohana will provide chicken nuggets on request) they weren't told that the kosher meals are brought in from off Disney property (WDW doesn't have kosher kitchens) and are NOT all you can eat even if served at a buffet or family style. I suppose that is an alternative for Liberty Tree if you read up on Disney's kosher meal policies.

Thanks for the info TDCNala, but I just went ahead and switched to a lunch ADR for LTT. My princess is a princess, but not a snowflake- if they can't easily provide something she likes either she'll have to just deal (which is what we normally do) or we will change our plans (which is what we will do this time, since I don't want a cranky kid on vacation).

LTT has a great lunch menu...you won't be sorry that you switched.

Ooey gooey toffee cake is incredible !!!!!

Granted it's been a while, but when we ate dinner at LTT in '07, '08, and '09, we had no problem getting chicken strips (much more delicious than nuggets) and fries for my three picky eaters. One of the boys has a severe peanut allergy and we had to speak with the chef before dinner. Maybe that's why we were able to substitute? :confused3 But they didn't have a problem with the other two substituting. Either way, it's worth asking.

enjoy your trip.

I have a similar question that I have asked and never gotten an answer....

I REALLY hate the dessert at night. I would love to have the Ooey gooey toffee cake, but my kids would eat a better meal at night, so I don't want to switch to lunch. Can I get the toffee cake (for an extra fee, of course) at dinner?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter