• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Silly questions?

ericmckmom

Earning My Ears
How safe are the railings on board? I have a wild 2.5 year old and am afraid she'll somehow end up overboard. Any chance of that? Also, anyone have an older child with a non-potty trained younger sibling? How do you handle the pools ? We leave on the Wonder on Thanksgiving...
Thanks!
Lynn

I was worried about this as well. We had a Cat. 4 family suite with verandah. And I had visions of one of my kids falling overboard. My fears went away as soon as we got on the boat. There was plexi glass on the verandah and the railing is higher than you would think it would be. My kids would have had to climb up on a table or chair and pretty much jumped off to go overboard. Also, a lot of the ship is enclosed and again the open areas on deck are high enough that you won't have to worry about your little ones going over.

Have fun. We really had a great time.

Just a thought. Disney already had lots of experience with kids and families when they designed the ships. And they DESIGNED them planning to have between 700 and 1000 kids under 13 on board. I would say that they designed the ship with the "if anyone can do it, my kid can" group in mind.

momof3luvs2run is right that your fears will pretty much disappear as soon as you board the ship and see the plexiglass and enclosed areas all around.

Also, the crew is always cleaning so there's never a temptation to climb up because the plexiglass is dirty and they can't see through.

Have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter