Silly questions RE buggies & driving

Demonica

Mouseketeer
Hello

We go on Sunday and just had couple of last minute silly worries!

Will a buggy fit round the queuing system?

Is there an area to leave the buggy while literally getting on and off a ride? (I can't hold my 14 month old for the whole queuing duration!)

And the baby swap thing.. do you queue then swap or is it a seperate entrance to the ride?

We're using Speed Ferries and driving down.

We don't have a GB number plate so do we need to buy a GB sticker or will we be given one?

I've looked up speed limits etc but do you have any tips for the drive? I think my husbands main worry is doing roundabouts the wrong way round lol Is the drive pretty easy? Any do's or dont's very welcome :o)

Thanks!

Hi ILL Have a go .
Hello

We go on Sunday and just had couple of last minute silly worries!

Will a buggy fit round the queuing system?

Yes in some rides, others theres a buggy park outside

Is there an area to leave the buggy while literally getting on and off a ride? (I can't hold my 14 month old for the whole queuing duration!)

Most ques you have to leave buggy outside, there are exceptions, theres not very long ques this time of year

And the baby swap thing.. do you queue then swap or is it a seperate entrance to the ride?
one or both of you of ques they give you a pass for baby switch, once the first person comes off you go in the disabelled or exit and show them the pass.

We're using Speed Ferries and driving down.

We don't have a GB number plate so do we need to buy a GB sticker or will we be given one?
[COLOR="red"]not sure, we bought ours on our old car new one has gb plates[/COLOR]
I've looked up speed limits etc but do you have any tips for the drive? I think my husbands main worry is doing roundabouts the wrong way round lol Is the drive pretty easy? Any do's or dont's very welcome :o)

Thanks!

Just got back ourselves - there were buggies everywhere, loads of rides had them lined up by the entrance but you'll need to carry them in the queue - you can't take them past the entrance to where the queue starts.

However if you are going midweek (we just did wed - sun) then there were hardly any queues so you'd not be holding him long, sat/sun were packed though!

You could always get a sling ( I used one with DS till he was 3.5 - the backpack styles like the patapum from www.littlepossums.co.uk are excellent, or my favourite for on-off was the coorie pouch sling from www.brightsparkslings.co.uk). You can use the coorie as a blanket in the buggy too then just stick it on to pop him on your hip in the queues. Dead handy! I buy them for all my friends when they have babies as mine was invaluable LOL

For babyswap its the same entrance - you just have one person standing with the kids then swap over when you come off.

When we've driven in France before we bought a GB sticker (also make sure you tape your lights!).

Hope this helps & have a fab time...
:) Sadie

Just got back ourselves - there were buggies everywhere, loads of rides had them lined up by the entrance but you'll need to carry them in the queue - you can't take them past the entrance to where the queue starts.

That's right. For safety reason buggies/strollers cannot be taken through ride queues :)

If you are not given a GB sticker along with your tickets from the ferry operator you'll be able to buy them at the ferry terminal or on the boat :thumbsup2

When we've driven in France before we bought a GB sticker (also make sure you tape your lights).

OP sorry to hijack your thread but what do you mean tape the lights we are driving for our holiday and thats the first time I have read that help !!!!:confused3 :confused3

Hiya

I believe that as in the uk lights are deflected to the left to stop glare for cars going the other way you are supposed to tape them (or buy deflectors) if you will be using your lights in a country where you drive on the other side of the road.

Just pasted this from another website;

Deflector Lights. Your headlights will need to be adjusted to prevent glare if driving a right hand drive car in France. This is generally a cheap and simple procedure - stickers can be purchased, suitable for most makes of cars, from car accessory shops and can be easily fitted over part of the headlight. If in doubt consult your manufacturer’s handbook or dealer. Remember to remove the deflectors before returning to the UK. Compulsory.

HTH :)
Sadie

OP sorry to hijack your thread but what do you mean tape the lights we are driving for our holiday and thats the first time I have read that help !!!!:confused3 :confused3

Yes you need deflectors. Bought for about £6.99 from Halfords :)

Thanks all!

We are there from Sun-Fri to hopefully queues won't be too bad. She's walking so can stand a bit and if she plays up then hubby will just have to hold her :)

We've just been and used baby switch for Crush's coaster. I waited in the rides exit area and my husband went thro the normal ride entrance and should tell the staff they are doing baby switch, the staff would have then given my husband a ticket to pass to me when he came off. I then go through the exit area, around the back/underneath of the ride and get put straight onto the ride - cool. My husband didn't know to get a ticket but staff saw him coming out and that I had a 2 year old, so it wasn't a problem, but thats the way it should work. Have fun - we did!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter