Silly poll: Do you pass over railroad tracks

Sill poll: Do you pass over railroad tracks on your way to/from work?

• Yes

• No

• Other (we know why!)

Results are only viewable after voting.
There are a set of railroad tracks that I cross over, but I am on a elevated expressway, not ground level.
I also cross over the street car tracks that run right outside my office window.

I don't, I only work a couple blocks from home, away from the tracks in town.
but my husband crosses commuter tracks and my kids' school is right next to the *$&$*%# freight tracks, so they cross over them each day.
And if I go to the grocery store, bank pretty much anywhere east of my house I pass over those tracks, and am often stopped by that freaking train. Ugh! Hate it!! And they're putting in another set of tracks. The train goes through 20 times a day now as it is. If I never heard another freight train, I'd be thrilled.

Travel across them, and travel on them. Metra -- Milwaukee West line to Union Station in Chicago.

I had to vote "other" because I no longer work outside the home, but when I did I did have to cross railroad tracks just as I was coming into town and my job was less than a block from the tracks. I always hated it in the fall if I was running late and they were loading train cars with grain. It seemed to take forever before they would move the train cars so people could get through.

Yes, every single day taking my kids to school. We very rarely get stopped though unless we are in a hurry.

I used to live in a place where you'd could hardly go anywhere without crossing train tracks. Now that I'm further out in the suburbs, I rarely cross tracks. I can still hear trains though.:)

Other (we know why!)

I'm retired, so this poll doesn't apply to me. But I don't understand the "We know why!" part. What is it that we are supposed to know?

Yes, I go over one set of tracks to get to work and then back home.

Our small town has 17 train track crossings. I drive a school bus and I CANNOT tell you how many times a day I have to cross over a track (all the while doing the required track procedure). It gets to a point that I despise going over them so many times a day.

Only way to get to and from the Post Office is over the RR Tracks.

Since my job is now packing and shipping orders, I get to deal with waiting for the train alot.

At least I don't have deadlines anymore as long as the boxes are at the post office before it closes I'm good.

I'm retired, so this poll doesn't apply to me. But I don't understand the "We know why!" part. What is it that we are supposed to know?

Because in a poll, there should always be an "Other" option in case one of the given answers does not suit you. :)

I voted other b/c it depends on which way I turn out of the driveway. One end of the street has tracks the other doesn't. I'll go towards the tracks if I'm running a little late for work (it's usually a little bit quicker). Otherwise, I take the scenic route which takes me under the tracks when I get close to work.

Living on Long Island, we have tracks all over the place!

Have to update my response...

I go over them, then under them and then on them every day. I take drive to a park 'n ride lot so I go over and then under them. I then ride them into town each day.

Nope. I live in the suburbs and work in the suburbs and there is no rail service where we live. Metrorail is coming out here in the next couple of years but I still wont' have to pass over it to get to work. Amtrak doesn't run through our county either.

I go under a track going to and from work..Since we love in a town with a train station it is very rare not to pass under them just driving across town. There is one way I can go to and from work which requires driving over a freight line. I try to avoid that because those trains are long.

We no longer have trains on Prince Edward Island since 1989...all of the tracks have been pulled up and have been made into Rails to Trails for walking and cycling...I do drive across a Rails to Trails everyday though.

Paula

I picked other... I go over them and under them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter