Silly GF Question

SeanaB

Earning My Ears
I'll be staying at the GF 7/5 to 7/12.
This is probably the wrong place for this question.

My question is how crowded are the buses to AK and MGM from the GF? We stayed at the ASMu last year and gave up on the buses and used the car. We had to wait an hour sometimes to get on a bus. Are they just as crowded at the GF? Should I get a car this time?

Thanks for any help

We never go to the parks at opening, but in the later morning and afternoon, the buses were rather uncrowded (we always go in July). We never had a problem with the number of people on the buses, only the frequency of the buses. Often times, we'd wait a half hour for a bus to MGM or AK and give up and take a taxi. We haven't stayed at the GF since July 2003, so I don't know if the situation has improved at all. We haven't experienced this issue at the BWI (yet).

I stayed at GF the past 2 summers in July (late July not during the holiday) and never had any problems with the bus service to MGM or to AK or the water parks. No waiting issues - the only waiting issue we had was for DTD esp at night.

I want to go to the parks early some mornings. At the ASMu the buses came frequently but the line to get on the bus was so long we had to wait thru 3 buses before we could get on the 4th. We are renting a car to drive from my mothers in Tampa to WDW and returning it when we get there. I was wondering if I should keep the car?

One thing to remember, there are not nearly as many rooms at GF (900) as ASMu(1920,) so fewer people getting on the bus! We stay mostly at deluxe resorts, and have never had to wait for a second bus to get on (except once, when there was a special bus for wheelchairs that had been called specifically for 2 scooters!) Even though the bus makes a stop at another resort (can't remember which) I don't think it will be a problem.

Have a great time, the GF is a beautiful resort!!:wave:

That sounds great hookedup

I don't think I could handle another situation like last year. It was the same way on the way back to the hotel. I am so excited I could scream!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter