• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Silly Disney Visa question

Good Ol Gal

A Longhorn living in Buckeye Country
DVC Gold
Ok, I just got the Disney Visa card.

I am a pay my bills in full each month kinda girl, making multiple payments.

I received the card on Jan 5, started making purchases on Jan 9th with it.

I can see my card activity etc, online. I have NOT received any type of bill yet.

I am ready to make a couple of payments (two different checking accounts).

Here's my question.

Do you earn the Disney rewards based on all purchases made, or on the statement ending balance?

I know with our other rewards card it's on all purchases (we pay it the same way), but I have heard some crazy stuff about the DV.

I just want to make sure that I don't get penalized by paying early.

I could wait till the statement comes in and pay it in full then, but I like to see the zero balance :teeth:

well I paid one portion of it, but it wouldn't let me pay the second.

It says you have to have 3 business days between payments :rotfl:

good to know now.

Hi Groupie Good Ol Gal :goodvibes (I just love seeing that siggie on other threads!)

Do you earn the Disney rewards based on all purchases made, or on the statement ending balance?

As Jim5150 said, the rewards are made on all purchases.

If I were you (which I know I am not;) ) I would probably try not to keep my account at a zero balance. I think that the more transactions made with a credit card company, the more chance of a screw up (on their part, of course!).

We always pay our credit cards off when the bill comes in and we have yet to have a problem. Of course I have probably jinxed us!

See you at the you-know-where thread!

If your checking account (or wherever you keep the money) is earning interest, why not keep the money there until the statement comes. Depending on when during the billing cycle your purchases were made, you could have anywhere from 15 to 45 days of using their money interest free - while your money is in your account earning interest. Credit cards are great when you carry no balances. If you worry about forgetting to make your payment, sign up for automatic bill pay for free.

T

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter