Silly Beach Club questions

bbyee

Earning My Ears
Hi - We're staying at the BC CL in May and I have 2 silly questions, one of which I asked the IPO folks about (waiting for an answer):

Does anyone know if the beach chairs by the lake have a "path" that is wooden/paved/flat to get to? The reason I ask is because I use a power wheelchair and want to be able to get to the beach chairs for lounging in the afternoon. This is the question I did ask the IPO folks.

Second, and this is the real silly one - is there drink service on the beach? As in, if I want a drink, are there beach staff? If not, believe me, it's OK (but just makes the path above more necessary) but I thought I'd ask.

We have a "day of nothing" planned midweek on our trip - staying at the resort, no real plans for the day.

I don't remember there being a flat surface. You cross over the walkway that runs along the lake , and then its sand. Not sure about drink service

I, too, do not recall a path to the chairs on the beach. There are "waiters" at poolside for drinks but we did not use the beach area so I don't know if they wander out that way.

Enjoy your trip!

Just got an email back from IPO which said that he (IPO rep) was not sure about a path to the beach chairs but that he'd have Recreation look into it. I mentioned to him that "When we went to the Carribbean several years ago, the staff at the resort we were staying with was kind enough to put down some wooden boards from the porch area of our room to create a path over the sand so that we could get down to some beach chairs. As I said before, if Recreation doesn't already have this type of solution, it would be one that would be used by many wheelchair-using guests in the future."

Hell, if a resort in the Carribbean could figure this out, I'd imagine that WDW would! (no, I didn't put that in).

Still curious about the beach drink service, if it exists! :goodvibes

Nope no drink service on the beach.......:goodvibes

Nope no drink service on the beach.......:goodvibes

Thanks for letting me know...if they create a path for me, that won't be a problem...if not, well, I'll have to plant myself on a beach chair and see how persuasive I can be *blink blink* :lmao:

I think the beach thing may not be as big a deal once you are there. You could probably get your drink and wheel over to the walkway area to see the beach, it's not that big. :rolleyes: Or wheel on over to the BW area and enjoy the recreation over there. Or have your drink by SAB. Plenty of options for both drinks and recreation, don't get hung up on the wooden path to the beach.

I also did not see any sort of pathway, however there are a number of benches that line the walkway that goes to Epcot and around to the Boardwalk and from those, you are pretty close to the water. I definitely did not see any drink service on the beach, but did see someone at the pool.

Was at BC '08, '06, '04.....I don't recall any boardwalk to the beach chairs....there is the cement path around the lake, then the sand. Perhaps something can be conjured up with some Disney Magic.

I do remember a handicapped entrance to SAB. SAB had waiters/waitresses but not the beach....but I would bet if you stop by Hurricane Hanna's and request beach service before you get out there - they will be happy to accomodate....as it's not far at all....

You might enjoy the view at the pool as well - it does have it's own 'beach' with sand and all.....

Maybe you could use Google Earth ?

You have a very clear view on the beaches and you may have virtual walk around the resorts.
I love to use it :thumbsup2

Thanks for the suggestions...

I need to use the power chair to get around, but I can transfer by myself into the beach chairs. The reason I'm asking about the beach area is because I know the pools get very busy and I'm looking for a more quiet experience for sitting outside (no kids). Plus, I like sitting out on the beach, however simulated it might be :D

I might just have to do a little bit of moving things around to dump the chair on the walkway and nab a beach chair. I do like the suggestion of asking the staff at HH if they can accommodate me so I don't just keep making the DH run and fetch me cocktails :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter