Silliest question/comment you've heard about Disney?

My wife made what I thought was a silly comment after we had booked our January trip and I started doing my research for ADR's and touring plans.

I've visited DW and DL much more than a few times in my life but the last time to DW was about 5 years ago. Her one and only visit was 11 years ago. She thought I was being a bit overzealous and said that our four day trip is plenty to see everything in WDW and that there is no need to be at the parks at RD much less have any sort of plan.

When I told her that I had done a 9 day WDW vacation in the early 90's and still only saw a portion of what there was to see, she didn't believe me - pretty much called me a "balls out liar", lol!

On line to PoC, mother says to her son:

"The Pirates of the Caribbean ride was created after the movie was such a success!" :confused3

When DH (never been to WDW) and I (been several times) were planning our honeymoon, I suggested WDW with a stay at SSR. His response? "Let's not go there. It's just like Six Flags". I tried to convince him otherwise! Fast forward...8 years after our wedding...Christmas week 2008...3 kids. As we're watching Spectro Magic on our first night, he looks at me and says, "This is nothing like Six Flags. I should've listened to you. I'm sorry! We would've had so much fun here on our honeymoon."

I could only nod! A year later we were planning trip #2...currently saving for the next one! I've definitely created a fan in him...and we now have "Disney-fied" DDs!

It depends on how early or late the AM/PH EMHs are, but in general I would guess that an AM EMH is less crowded than a PH EMH.

well with the current system 3 hours pm emh the park is empty during the last hour you can walk on to anything youd like for the most part (road tsm 5 times in a row on presidents day).. and thats pretty much all year round.. during the morning its hit or miss sometimes its busier sometimes its empty.. but at 1/2am the magic kingdom is always empty

im guessing when they go to 2 hours next year it wont be as nice

this isn't silly in the sense of some other posters, but it kind of was.

One year it was really cold, and I was forced to do laundry.

While waiting to rotate....a woman walks in and starts barking orders at me on how she wants her laundry done. I was the only one in the room, but I wasn't there to do her laundry, so I ignored her. She wasn't even remotely civil. Gettign nowhere, she shifted to asking questions about operating the machines, but she was SO over the top rude, I continued to ignore her.

Normally, I'm happy to help other guests, and even share extra detergent. Indeed, I had already helped another person ten minutes before she arrived. I wasn't about to fuel such blatent rudeness!

In the meantime....her companion arrives, and she starts bragging (too loudly!) about her room. All but stating directly that since they were staying in the very best type of room on property, she shouldn't to subject herself to the Laundry room peasants. Oh, she was a prize!

Turns out she was in a garden suite at CR, and thus in a lesser room than me! My family's was staying in the club level rooms, but I also kept that to myself. pirate:

Overheard at the AKL Jambo house concierge desk: "I want to change my room I can't see Cinderella' Castle from my balcony." :rotfl2::rotfl2:

mickeyluv'r said:
this isn't silly in the sense of some other posters, but it kind of was.

One year it was really cold, and I was forced to do laundry.

While waiting to rotate....a woman walks in and starts barking orders at me on how she wants her laundry done. I was the only one in the room, but I wasn't there to do her laundry, so I ignored her. She wasn't even remotely civil. Gettign nowhere, she shifted to asking questions about operating the machines, but she was SO over the top rude, I continued to ignore her.

Normally, I'm happy to help other guests, and even share extra detergent. Indeed, I had already helped another person ten minutes before she arrived. I wasn't about to fuel such blatent rudeness!

In the meantime....her companion arrives, and she starts bragging (too loudly!) about her room. All but stating directly that since they were staying in the very best type of room on property, she shouldn't to subject herself to the Laundry room peasants. Oh, she was a prize!

Turns out she was in a garden suite at CR, and thus in a lesser room than me! My family's was staying in the club level rooms, but I also kept that to myself. pirate:

Grrrrr what nerve. I have no patients for people who think they are so much better then the next person.

I worked as a Team Member at Universal Studios back in 2010. And at least once a week I would be ask by various guests if I could point them toward Tower of Tower......

I think probably assumed you work there. She probably figured that guests don't do their own laundry and so she figured that anyone in the laundry room was an employee. I'd have just said, "I'm sorry, you seem to think I work here. I don't."

rastahomie said:
I think probably assumed you work there. She probably figured that guests don't do their own laundry and so she figured that anyone in the laundry room was an employee. I'd have just said, "I'm sorry, you seem to think I work here. I don't."

Nope... That would have been way too pleasant...

You know I feel like such an idiot!! I am a huge Disney fan. Never been to any other park ( besides Sea World) in Orlando. Well..... I am blaming this thread on my mistakes! !!! Lol only kidding. Well we just got back from WDW. the whole intire time there I kept on referring Hollywood studios as universal!!!! I was never there.....people were looking at me like I was nuts! How embarrassed I was.

I always love the looks and comments when you walk through the FP line. We feel like VIPs because so many people don't know about the FP system! (thank goodness!)
While in the line at IASW last week, two ladies were talking and one said, "I wonder what the fast passes cost, they must be expensive) and the other says, " They cost us like $29 per person per day, our travel agent added them to our tickets"
I think they got ripped off by there travel agent.:rolleyes:

tkitty said:
I always love the looks and comments when you walk through the FP line. We feel like VIPs because so many people don't know about the FP system! (thank goodness!)
While in the line at IASW last week, two ladies were talking and one said, "I wonder what the fast passes cost, they must be expensive) and the other says, " They cost us like $29 per person per day, our travel agent added them to our tickets"
I think they got ripped off by there travel agent.:rolleyes:

I also have heard people bragging that they paid for fast passes. At first I thought I was missing something

When we lived in Pensacola we had friends and family from up north all the time why we didn't do Disney that often. Since we were in FL we must be close right? It's only an 8+ hour car ride, and you lose an hour because of the time change going east.

That being said we did take advantage of some of the people who wanted us to meet them there and managed to visit 3 or 4 times in the 3 years we were in FL. Now we're heading down from VA and can't wait!!

Mine contribution actually comes from silly dissers.

1) If you don't have an adr, you will be forced to eat counter service all week.
2) If you don't do rope drop you won't get "every thing" done.

Both are just about the silliest, non true statements we love to pass around here.

:thumbsup2 So true!

The funniest thing I've heard was from the Hubs actually.

In 2010 we were walking around MK trying to find a quiet spot to sit a spell as my 2 year old nephew was way past his nap time and it was starting to show. As he's starting to cry and wail a bit someone in front of us stepped on the back of the shoe of someone in front of them. I swear WWIII nearly erupted. Hollering, swearing, pushing (not us, them). Hubs, who was carrying my nephew, turned to me and said, "I'm so glad we're at the 'Happiest Place on Earth'!"

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: too funny! We often say similar things when we see other guests fighting, yelling at each other ect :laughing:

I also have heard people bragging that they paid for fast passes. At first I thought I was missing something

I've heard this several times as well. I like to pull out the maps that I collect for scrapbooking and say "oh, I thought the map said that fastpasses are free".

The Fastpass thing always gets me too! I can distinctly remember walking through the Safari FP line (standby was a 60+ minute wait.) It was right after our wedding (July, very hot.) People in line were CRANKY. My sisters and I are all really tall, my sisters are skinny, and I, personally, think we're cute ;) We walked through the FP line and someone commented that we must be celebrities because FPs were expensive. :rotfl2:

It's really hard sometimes to bite my tongue. I've been a DISer for years, and have come to learn a lot of great info. It's so hard to sit on a bus or monorail and hear someone sharing WRONG information. I sometimes step in (like the time a family had an ADR at the Poly and they were on the express monorail,) but it embarrasses my husband, so I try not to often ;)

With no disrespect to anyone on here in particular -- and I can't think of a specific example as of this moment -- some of the questions people ask on these boards would suggest that people think they are traveling to Mars rather than Central Florida. Yes, planning for a Disney trip is different than most any other destination, but it's still in an industrialized nation outside of a major metropolitan area and if there's something that you really need but don't have, there are ways to get it. Also, they have an ample supply of fresh water, and the air is, in fact, safe to breathe. ;)

Millions of people travel to WDW every year, most of them without significant incident, and it is hard not to laugh at the worrying that goes on over incredible minutiae associated with a trip at times! :lmao:

A co-worker of mine returned from a Disney trip today and when I asked her how it was (she knows that I am an over the top Disney fan) she looked at me and sai "ehhhh it was OK... I just think it was too much Disney" Whattttttt?
Then stupid comment # two just came about an hour ago when she told me it was just OK lbecause there were just so many little kids there??? REALLY??? OMG I just want to poke her in the eye!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter