• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Silliest question/comment you've heard about Disney?

Walking thru MK yesterday I heard som guy say "I wonder what they are building back there with those crains?". Apparently his full time residence is under a rock

I seriously had a friend/coworker argue with me for about 20 minutes that alcohol is served at MK. When I tried to nicely explain that it has never been served there, she got more and more belligerent even telling me that "her brother bought a beer across the street from its a small world" when they were there last month. I finally had to drop it since she was getting so irate. She's a person who can never be wrong!

I saw Champagne served in Magic Kingdom inside Cinderella Castle, a couple got engaged in November 2011.

Lilliputian said:
My MIL, who has been there, says that the animals at AK on the Safari aren't really there. They're real animals, but you're not really looking at them. They have a complicated set of mirrors to make it look like they're really there, but they would eat you if they were really there. She says she saw a program about it on TV and has a very long, convoluted explanation about it.

The giraffe is going to eat me?? Wonder why they bother separating the mirrors with those hidden fences?

My MIL, who has been there, says that the animals at AK on the Safari aren't really there. They're real animals, but you're not really looking at them. They have a complicated set of mirrors to make it look like they're really there, but they would eat you if they were really there. She says she saw a program about it on TV and has a very long, convoluted explanation about it.

The 2 White Rhinos that were LEANING on our ride vehicle in February beg to differ! :lmao:

I've heard the fastpass thing over and over as well...

I was once in the FP line at the safari and some lady loudly said "It must be nice to be rich and use the fastpass line". :sad2:

Cinderella1122 said:
I've heard the fastpass thing over and over as well...

I was once in the FP line at the safari and some lady loudly said "It must be nice to be rich and use the fastpass line". :sad2:

I think I might be tempted to respond, " don't hate me because I'm rich." Lol

PhoenixStrength said:
The 2 White Rhinos that were LEANING on our ride vehicle in February beg to differ! :lmao:

Yeah. I wonder how she would explain the giraffe that licked the left upper bar of our vehicle! I easily could have reached over and stroked his neck as we went by him.

At DL, on pirates, a woman next to me screamed and said she wondered how long the character 'jack sparrow' had to stand there in the ride. I told her it was the new anamatronic and that it was not a real person. She insisted to argue the point it had to be real because of the life like movements... for the rest of the ride! Lol. I don't think she still believed me b/c after we had gotten out of the boat, she kept trying to ask CMs on the way out the pay for standing there. :rotfl:

DS and I are going to try to say some of these things with a straight face on our trip and see if anyone corrects us.

At DL, on pirates, a woman next to me screamed and said she wondered how long the character 'jack sparrow' had to stand there in the ride. I told her it was the new anamatronic and that it was not a real person. She insisted to argue the point it had to be real because of the life like movements... for the rest of the ride! Lol. I don't think she still believed me b/c after we had gotten out of the boat, she kept trying to ask CMs on the way out the pay for standing there. :rotfl:

Kinda reminds me of the WDW episode of Roseanne where she calls an old man on a MK bench a "animatronic-American" and she thinks everything around her is a "robot." Kind of the opposite of your story, but just made me think of it.

When are they going to lower their prices?

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl::lmao:

Kinda reminds me of the WDW episode of Roseanne where she calls an old man on a MK bench a "animatronic-American" and she thinks everything around her is a "robot." Kind of the opposite of your story, but just made me think of it.

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl::lmao:

That Roseanne episode is hilarious I just saw it on tv recently :)

Had a lost soul today; (I have a friend who works at Universal and I have a picture of same said friend and I at AK at my desk).

I said, "we like to go to AK"
she says, "at least they get in for free"
I said, "no, they only get in free to universal and sea world"
she says "aren't they the same thing?"

And she's lived in Orlando now for three years :faint:

Had a lost soul today; (I have a friend who works at Universal and I have a picture of same said friend and I at AK at my desk).

I said, "we like to go to AK"
she says, "at least they get in for free"
I said, "no, they only get in free to universal and sea world"
she says "aren't they the same thing?"

And she's lived in Orlando now for three years :faint:

How do they get into Sea World for free also if they work at Universal? Is this something we should know in case we can't get jobs at Disney and go to work for the "dark side" instead?

LisaTC said:
Yes, I'm dreading having to explain our 2nd trip in a little more than a year. Why should I care? I think it's because people assume you're wealthy, just like sending my daughter to parochial/private school. Determined would be the word I'd use! I think some people don't get it. The place is huge! I could go 1x every 6 months for 2 years and never get to all my to do list! I will say that my DD mostly thinks DW is MK! The other places are just the other places...Epcot, etc.;)

The year after Katrina DS and I went weekly. Figured I had to live in Orlando for the why not make the most of it right? People are shocked when I tell them even going weekly we still haven't seen or done it all.

Funniest thing I ever heard at WDW was at the Magic Kingdom.

I was sitting outside Space Mountain next to another woman. Her DH and son get off the ride and come running over to her. DH says "It's not what we thought - it goes really slow. Not scary at all. You have to try it!" After more prodding & convincing that it's really not a thrill ride at all, she decides to give it a try. Off she goes with her son.

The DH turns to me with a smirk on this face and says, "She is going to DIE!" :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

This made me laugh out loud! I'd love to see that ride photo! :lmao:

m3b said:
Father to a very young son, maybe 8 years old, who is getting scared before boarding the elevator at TOT - "It is just like the Dumbo ride."

Just like it except you fall 100 feet at faster than a free fall in a haunted elevator and see ghosts on the way up. The kid will never trust his Dad again.

No he won't, my parents did that to me at Six Flags when I was 12, telling me the Burning of Atlanta ride was just like Small World. Guess what almost 36 yr old still wont do unknown rides?

Lesson - don't tell your kid a ride isn't scary when you know it is.

CraftyMommy said:
Do they plan to drive around looking for Vacancy signs?

My husband did this once. We left on a Friday, I had made reservations half way between New Orleans and Disney. He decided to ignore them. Got into the Orlando area around 10pm. Nothing available anywhere because it was Daytona 500 weekend, Presidents Day and Mardi Gras all in the same week. We ended up on his sisters couch for the night, thank God for her or we would have been sleeping in the van.

It has been 6 yrs and I still haven't let him live it down.

This trip he said, just tell me the dates and what time to be where and I will follow your plan. He tried to change my plan, I gave him the stink eye, he said never mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter