Silliest question/comment you've heard about Disney?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Radiorox, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Rip

Rip Proud Redhead

Oh, Universal even spoofs itself with this. A few years back my wife and I were at Halloween Horror Nights at the live Bill and Ted show. Long story short, the opening part of the skit had Hellboy on the jumbo screen being told he was needed at Universal Orlando Resort. His response: "Universal? Which Disney park is that?"

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tltorrez

Tltorrez DIS Veteran

And how many days are you going for? ;)

4. Tltorrez

Tltorrez DIS Veteran

This is one of my favorites. They won't remember their first birthday either but that doesn't stop parents from going totally overboard. ;)

5. RooRach0906

RooRach0906 "Oh Goody, Horray!"

I had someone tell me Shrek was Disney and the (show/ride? I have never been to universal so I do not know which it is) was at the front of the park in Magic Kingdom after a few minutes of trying to tell them Shrek is a DreamWorks movie and not related to Disney at all and them getting angry I dropped it but I knew I was right!

6. Magpie

Magpie DIS Veteran

I've heard a few times from folks who are convinced there's a monorail to SeaWorld. Since I've heard it from different sources, my best guess would be that someone got confused about SeaWorld Gold Coast's famous monorail in Australia.

Maybe they thought it was Gulf Coast, instead of Gold Coast? In any case, the rumour seems to have spread pretty far.

7. Chaoticsweetness

Chaoticsweetness Mouseketeer

One of the monorail CM at the TTC was teasing me & my sister telling us that it was the monorail to Universal Studios. I teased back & asked if it stopped by Sea World also. Another person thought we were being serious & asked if he could get to Universal from there LoL.

8. wookiebeck

wookiebeck Fan of both WDW and USO

IDK. That doesn't shock me. Family of four: POR for the week $1500. Plane tix $2000. 5-day hoppers $1500. Food & souvies = more. Even with free dining you are over $5k.

A good customer service rep will get you to buy into a suite for more $. For many folks this is once in a lifetime and IT IS too expensive to go back. I feel bad for them.

9. Bama_C

Bama_C Artful DISer

pixiedust: Wow, what a deal!!

10. Bama_C

Bama_C Artful DISer

Yep...have heard that one more than once. And it depends on my family's agenda as to whether or not I will stop and get into a discussion. For heaven's sake, it's Disney World... :wave2: Hello! it's not like there is a shortage of information about any of it! "Google is your friend." :scratchin

Poor deluded folks! Rude awakening just ahead...

Wise owl, you are. He created it because he thought there should be a place where families, both young and old, could go and enjoy doing things together. ::yes:: Thanks, Walt! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

pixiedust:

11. Bama_C

Bama_C Artful DISer

How very sad for them. :sad: I just can't believe people pay to go and then don't research all there is to do once they're there.

EPCOT = :lovestruc for our family of 5. We spend probably 40-50% of our 10 day park tickets there each year. It's really two parks and so large that I can't imagine trying to get it all done in one day. :confused3 Good for you for planning ahead! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

12. tiki23

tiki23 <font color=darkorchid>Able to leap a double strol

You can be a kid at Disney at 17, 57 or 97! In fact, you don't have to be a kid because Disney is for those who are young at heart and in spirit. :goodvibes

:eek: I just don't get it! You can't turn around without seeing a sign or a map. I've seen several posts like this; I wonder if it's because the clueless visitors have come in through the International Gateway and just hung a right? :confused3 But did they never wonder what that giant shiny ball was across the lake? :rotfl:

13. erinclemmer

erinclemmer Earning My Ears

I am really enjoying this thread. Many, many years ago my sister worked at The Disney Store and our mall also had a Warner Brothers store at the time. A lady came into the store and went over to the jewelry case and was looking at watches. When my sister approached to asked if she needed any help the woman said "I'm fine, just lookin' for Tweety Bird!" My sis had to really bite her lip not to say "Just keep lookin' he's in there somewhere". She did tell the woman that was over at the Warner Brothers Store to which the woman shrugged and walked away! My sister is now an ER nurse with a wonderful bedside manor for people who need it, but no sympathy for those who don't!

14. mytripsandraces

mytripsandraces DIS Veteran

Unless you're at Disney California Adventure, Disneyland Paris or Tokyo DisneySea, where you can step out of your hotel into the theme park (Grand Californian, Disneyland Hotel, and Mira Costa, respectively). You can almost hop right onto Grizzly River Rapids from the Grand Californian's park entrance. :goodvibes

15. Radiorox

Radiorox Live from the city of Magic.

Omg!! Like Lion Country Safari?! ROFL!!

16. Radiorox

Radiorox Live from the city of Magic.

while on Pirates

"Omg! That actor is sooo good that he even thr bottom of his feet are dirty!!"

Me: "It's an animatronic... not a person."

"Hah! Right, next thing you'll tell me that the actors in Hall of Presidents are fake too!"

*face palm*

17. littlebit0863

littlebit0863 Mouseketeer

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

18. ellie05

ellie05 DIS Veteran

This is what I keep thinking. Do this people get a map of the park? It clearly states every ride :confused3. Or do they watch TV at all where it says 4 parks.

19. littlebit0863

littlebit0863 Mouseketeer

I had our mail lady tell me Disney owns MCO and has underground tunnels built underneath for an end of the world apocalypse. She also named several "must eat at Disney" restaurants, all of which were on I-drive.

20. chloe4ever

chloe4ever Mouseketeer

Silliest things that I have heard/overheard at Disney:

--I would never want to go anywhere else. Ever. :confused3 It is a big world out there......I don't understand that mind set about any one location.

--The Rock and Roll Roller Coaster now uses Adam Lambert's music :rotfl: Imagine the outrage! :rotfl:

--(Mother talking to her little girl) "Sweetie, you don't like mouses, I don't think you would want to meet them" referring to Mickey and Minnie who were standing a few yards away........

--Parents trying to convince/make their kids be afraid of certain attractions. Last time I heard, "You will not like Space Mountain." and the boy replied, "I want to try it." and then "You WILL be terrified. No." and the boy replied, "I WANT to try it." Mom replied, "NO. You will be afraid. No way!" :confused3

--Mother once said to me as I was IN a stall, "Hurry up!! My son has to pee!!!" and then repeated it over and over again.:furious:

21. cindyfan

cindyfan DIS Veteran

These are so funny!!!! :rotfl2:
    But what's funnier is that there are so many people out there that think the same.......

A co-worker came back from a week in florida and told me.....
    They had 4-day tickets to "DisneyLAND" and didnt really see how people would spend 4 days visiting "Disneyland".
    And the one day and it was so crowded they decided to get on the bus to "Universal" but had to pay extra to get in.

I tried to explain that they were at Magic Kingdom and must have had to "pay" the additional fee to change their ticket into a "hopper". But she just didnt' get it.

They she went on to say she was disappointed because she thought there was a "Harry Potter" ride..... but "according to her"..... it just hasn't been built yet!! So they had to wait in line for an hour and half to get on a Buzz Lightyear ride.

Then she said that they didn't go to the "Animal Park" because they didn't want to pay any more because the Disneyland 4 day tickets cost so much.

I just gave up trying to explain it to her!:confused3