Silliest/most random things your kids are afraid of at Disneyland

My kids are 9 and 11... They will go on EVERYTHING except Tough to be a Bug movie. They went as small children got way scared...I made them go in it a few months ago. They still hated it. (Didn't cry this time though. :) )

I won't go see Tough to be a Bug. I went once when DCA first opened and have refused to go back ever since.

My DD 10 will ride everything. ..she absolutely loves TOT, Screaming, Big Thunder, Space, dark rides, she will even do single rider Matterhorn...but she hates the que line inside of Indy. She screamed and almost turned around and ran out recently. She loves the ride but terrified of the cave area of the line. ..and she won't ride Splash unless she sits in the back seat with dad so he can " hold onto her." She hates that it has no restraints for that big drop.

My 6yo sister is afraid of getting off of TOT. She is fine riding it, but getting off the ride freaks her out. :confused3

The silliest of things...
My two-year-old son jumps and occasionally cries at the thunder at the end of the Tiki Room. I tell him it is coming, he has heard it many times, but it still freaks him out. My son is not a cry-baby; he, for the most part has no fear... That damn thunder gets him though.

We've been going to WDW world since my son was 10 months old. He's 6 now. He doesn't like roller coasters but I don't find that too odd.

On our recent Disneyland trip, he was afraid of: RSR (I lied and told him it didn't go fast so he rode it anyway. I still hear about it daily). He was afraid of Thor and Captain America (he's always been afraid of princesses). He wouldn't ride the storybook canal boats or winnie the pooh. He wouldn't ride anything in Bug land. Was afraid of most shows.

Basically we rode various forms of transportation and went in gift shops. Fun times!

Went to WDW with DD5 in 2005. We encountered the dreaded Automatic Flush Potty.
Very. Scary. ROBOT POTTY! Pretty stressful whenever we had to go to the restroom :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

DD4 last trip to DLR just before she turned 3, she was afraid of everything, everything. All the dark rides and especially WOC. It was stuff she had been fine with a year before at WDW. By 3.5 back at WDW she was fine not scared of anything except TOT.
Fingers crossed for this years DLR trip that we haven't swapped back again

My kids are 9 and 11... They will go on EVERYTHING except Tough to be a Bug movie. They went as small children got way scared...I made them go in it a few months ago. They still hated it. (Didn't cry this time though. :) )

I'm not surprised by this, it's quite mean ! Luckily we knew not to be sitting back against the chair :scared1:

We took my older girls in when they were little and my oldest hated it and cried. Thought we'd try again two years ago when my oldest was 8. Nope still cried. That one just isn't for her. Which is funny because she's a thrill seeker every other place.

Went on a trip this last March, taking my 4.5 yr old granddaughter, and I was hoping she would be okay with most rides. I knew the big ones; Splash, Space Mtn, TOT, BTMRR, would not be a possibility on this trip, but we had ones with us so we could trade off on those rides. Was surprised she loved the "drops" in POTC, the ride itself...not so much! Took her on Soarin' and she sat quietly holding mine and her mom's hand, but shook/quivered the whole time...no crying though!
We knew the firworks were going to be an issue, since she is still scared of loud booms/noises, so we brought noise-cancelling headphones and woo-hoo, she said she could not hear the booms, but would not watch the fireworks...said the colors scared her...seriously:confused3!!
So of course, WOC was out for her...she went on several rides with mom while the rest of us enjoyed it!!
Maybe next year she'll be better!!:)

When my boys were younger, they were terrified of so many rides. They were 9 and 7 on our first trip, and they wouldn't do POTC, HM, basically anything in FL, and not even the swan boat ride because they were afraid of going through the whale's mouth (despite, "You can see all the way through to the end!!"). The older one would ride Screamin' (loved it!) and not swan boat. Drove me nuts. The younger one would have done some of the inside ones, but not any roller coasters. The older one would ride roller coasters, but not the inside rides. He absolutely freaked out when we tried to get him on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Of course now at 22 and 20, they will ride anything. :) Fast forward to 2009 when we took our 2 daughters, who were almost 8 and 6. They did everything, unless restricted by height. Our youngest is a dare devil, but tiny, so she finally was able to ride all the rides when we went in 2013. So funny how kids are different! My boys were also terrified to watch The Little Mermaid because Ursala was too scary, and our girls have no problem with movies scaring them at all. Boggles my mind!:confused3

my 7 year old niece is afraid of the whale in storybook land canal boats haha, it's a shame, cause it's the greatest ride ever.

Went to WDW with DD5 in 2005. We encountered the dreaded Automatic Flush Potty.
Very. Scary. ROBOT POTTY! Pretty stressful whenever we had to go to the restroom :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yes my DS who is now almost 17 would agree - auto flush toilets were the most terrifying things for him at Dland when he was a toddler. They are so loud and unpredictable when they flush right under a bare little tushie. I finally learned to cover the sensor with my hand. As for my DD11 nothing scares her but that darn snow monster on the Matterhorn. She'll do TOT, CS, Wheel of Death, Space, all of it but refuses to go on Matterhorn. Since I refuse to do TOT and Wheel of Death I understand and don't make her go on.

Congo Queen said:
Yes my DS who is now almost 17 would agree - auto flush toilets were the most terrifying things for him at Dland when he was a toddler. They are so loud and unpredictable when they flush right under a bare little tushie. I finally learned to cover the sensor with my hand. As for my DD11 nothing scares her but that darn snow monster on the Matterhorn. She'll do TOT, CS, Wheel of Death, Space, all of it but refuses to go on Matterhorn. Since I refuse to do TOT and Wheel of Death I understand and don't make her go on.

I couldn't think of anything until I saw this! My two youngest daughters, now 8, were completely terrified of the auto flush toilets from the time they started going to the parks (around 2 years old) until they were a little over 6. They didn't even want to walk into the restroom. They couldn't stand the sound of any of them flushing. It made taking three little girls to the bathroom extremely stressful. The two little ones would scream and my older daughter (10 now) would scream that her sisters were bugging her!

Congo Queen said:

I couldn't think of anything until I saw this! My two youngest daughters, now 8, were completely terrified of the auto flush toilets from the time they started going to the parks (around 2 years old) until they were a little over 6. They didn't even want to walk into the restroom. They couldn't stand the sound of any of them flushing. It made taking three little girls to the bathroom extremely stressful. The two little ones would scream and my older daughter (10 now) would scream that her sisters were bugging her!

We just got back from our trip (both of my sons' first trip to a Disney park, ages 5 & 1). My DS5 is very cautious and timid, and the strangest thing he was afraid of was the train in DL. He was afraid of the tunnels and buried his head in my lap when we went through them. (He was afraid of plenty of other things too, but that one definitely surprised me.)

And since several have mentioned the auto-flush toilets, I will mention a tip I have heard: take post-it notes with you to put over the sensor.

My youngest, at age 6, went on Grizzly River Run and cried. We thought she was scared...no, she was upset her dress got wet. Duh...:rotfl2:

I refuse to go on It's Tough To Be a Bug. I went when I was 8 months pregnant, and when that stupid "bug" crawled across my seat, I peed my pants. NOT FUNNY DISNEY!!!! :eek:

SLK1 said:
I refuse to go on It's Tough To Be a Bug. I went when I was 8 months pregnant, and when that stupid "bug" crawled across my seat, I peed my pants. NOT FUNNY DISNEY!!!! :eek:

Oh boy....I didn't laugh...but that put a big smile on my face after a long day at work. Those darn "crawling" bugs...scariest thing in the parks..except for the Wheel of Death. :-)

my 7 year old niece is afraid of the whale in storybook land canal boats haha, it's a shame, cause it's the greatest ride ever.

This was me when I was little oh so many years ago. I was afraid we were really being swallowed.

My daughter is 11, and up til last year HATED Winnie the Pooh because of the buzzing "bees" at the end. She would scream hysterically. She isn't allergic to bees, just hates flying bugs and we could never convince her it was just a sound.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter