• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Signed up for the Y.E.S. program but something seems hinky.....UPDATE in my last post

southern_redhead

DIS Veteran
I signed us up on March 1st for the 6/28 Synergy in Science class. Purchased tickets and had them mailed, I saved a copy of the order confirmation that I got online. I got them via FedEx and they came with an invoice that said the same thing as the online confirmation - 6/28 Synergy in Science...meet in Epcot, blah blah blah... I haven't heard another word from them. So, the other day I had some questions about the tickets and I emailed them through the website contact form. I mentioned what class we were attending and then listed my questions, one of which was addressing the fact I hadn't heard anything about the class and wondered when I would. I got an email back in 2 days answering my questions and he said that they send confirmations for the programs 2 weeks prior to the class.

Yesterday, I was talking with DH and went to the site to look around. He asked what the other classes offered were, so I clicked through to see the list. Well....there is no longer a Synergy in Science class listed on 6/28, though there is one on the 27th. It is the ONLY class offered on the 27th. Now I'm worried. Did something happen and they rescheduled it? Was the one on 6/27 always there and they cancelled the one on 6/28? The guy who emailed me back never said "Uh, by the way, we aren't having that class on the 28th." But I KNOW it was on the schedule originally on that date AND I have both a confirmation from that day and an invoice from the tickets that show that date. I'm going to be in a bind if somehow it is not on the 28th. I've got an 8 am ADR for CP on the 27th...I doubt I could get one on the 28th at this late date :( Should I email this guy AGAIN and address this? Or do they take them down once they fill the occupancy limit? Because I clicked through to the sign up page and some show open while others show closed - so wouldn't ours just show closed? The one for 6/27 does show closed. I'm so confused (and a little worried now!)

By the way - I only put this on Budget board because this is where I see most of the Y.E.S. discussions. I wasn't really sure where this belonged, is there an "OMG do I need to PANIC?" board :sick:

I signed us up on March 1st for the 6/28 Synergy in Science class. Purchased tickets and had them mailed, I saved a copy of the order confirmation that I got online. I got them via FedEx and they came with an invoice that said the same thing as the online confirmation - 6/28 Synergy in Science...meet in Epcot, blah blah blah... I haven't heard another word from them. So, the other day I had some questions about the tickets and I emailed them through the website contact form. I mentioned what class we were attending and then listed my questions, one of which was addressing the fact I hadn't heard anything about the class and wondered when I would. I got an email back in 2 days answering my questions and he said that they send confirmations for the programs 2 weeks prior to the class.

Yesterday, I was talking with DH and went to the site to look around. He asked what the other classes offered were, so I clicked through to see the list. Well....there is no longer a Synergy in Science class listed on 6/28, though there is one on the 27th. It is the ONLY class offered on the 27th. Now I'm worried. Did something happen and they rescheduled it? Was the one on 6/27 always there and they cancelled the one on 6/28? The guy who emailed me back never said "Uh, by the way, we aren't having that class on the 28th." But I KNOW it was on the schedule originally on that date AND I have both a confirmation from that day and an invoice from the tickets that show that date. I'm going to be in a bind if somehow it is not on the 28th. I've got an 8 am ADR for CP on the 27th...I doubt I could get one on the 28th at this late date :( Should I email this guy AGAIN and address this? Or do they take them down once they fill the occupancy limit? Because I clicked through to the sign up page and some show open while others show closed - so wouldn't ours just show closed? The one for 6/27 does show closed. I'm so confused (and a little worried now!)

By the way - I only put this on Budget board because this is where I see most of the Y.E.S. discussions. I wasn't really sure where this belonged, is there an "OMG do I need to PANIC?" board :sick:

Awhile ago they were having a problem with their system i would say that might be the problem!

Remember tickets are non refundable and they have started cancelling peoples tickets who don't turn up for class so i would be trying to sort it out with them asap and maybe trying to reschedule you ADR or ask them to swap you to the class on the day you booked for as there is still classes for the 28th.
:goodvibesEmail them or call might be a quicker idea and ask if you are worried but here is the thread you will get more help from:goodvibes
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2332767&page=186

When we did the YES program in 2010, one of my sons classes was cancelled because there were not enough participants. They contacted me about it though, I think by phone
Definitely follow up on it

Thanks. I checked the online reservation list and I can't get one for CP on the 28th :( I didn't think I could, but I tried LOL I will call them and ask about it tomorrow, I for sure don't want this to turn into more of a nightmare than it has been (the trip, not the YES program LOL) I'm crossing my fingers it's just a glitch because, recently, my confidence in this trip has slipped by about 50% and I think this might just knock it the rest of the way down. I guess if they've cancelled it I will ask to try to be put in one of the other classes on the 28th since I have my park plans laid out already and ADRs booked. I just would have thought they'd have at least emailed people upon cancelling - I mean if they just wait until the confirmation letters come out 2 wks prior then that would cause some people MAJOR upset (ME :laughing:) I would have been hacked to find out that late in the game that they changed on me. My only problem with going for another class that day is that YDS is 7 and the other classes start at 9 and 12 years of age. I can see a meltodown a mile away if big brother and sister get to go to a class and he doesn't, and it would break my heart because I really spent some time picking that one out as it would fit all of them together. Ah, well ... C'est La Vie ... mine anyway ;)

Totally updating my post. I found a calculator for the YES program and your son's class is closed due to capacity. I would double call just to make sure, but the reason it is not showing is they are not taking new members for that class.

I would call for peace of mind, but you should be A-OK!!!!!

Here's the link for you....

http://www.disneynow.com/profile/form/index.cfm?PKformID=0x395786231

Hi! My son and I are doing the same class 6/28! We are doing the am class. He is so excited! I see what you are saying about the class. I emailed Kevin Lee to see what we are to do. I'll post what I find out.

Tinker'n'Fun,
Aw! Thanks for looking that up for me. I didn't know there was another place to find the class list. How odd that it doesn't show on the other list as closed, but perhaps they mark them closed as soon as it fills and then do a once a week/month update and remove closed ones? Who knows! But that makes me feel better (and less crazy LOL I can't tell you how many times I've checked the confirmation letter and invoice :crazy:)

Christypl,
How awesome that y'all are in the same class :) We are doing the 8:45 am class, too! My ODS and I are excited, the two younger ones will be but they don't even know we are going to Disney yet, much less getting to take a class there LOL I haven't decided whether to tell them the week of or not tell them at all until we park to go in (we will be there 2 days before our class, I wouldn't spring it on them the morning of the class :scared:) I think it was Kevin who answered my questions, so I guess he didn't just miss the fact that I stated my class was on 6/28 .... ha ha! I'll have to PM you about the class :yay:

Thanks for the reassurances!

Okay, I checked out the link and it appears to be the one I was looking at originally. It lists Synergy in Science as 6/27 and closed, then two others on 6/28 as open (but doesn't list Synergy in Science on that date at all.) I emailed the person (I thought it said Kevin or Brian but, on closer inspection, the reply actually had no name attached) the following message:

I am a bit concerned because my confirmation page and my invoice both state our class is Synergy in Science on Tuesday, June 28, 2011. Upon closer inspection at this site http://www.disneynow.com/profile/for...ID=0x395786231, however, I see that you no longer list that class under 6/28/11. I only see it listed (as closed to applicants) on 6/27/11. I can't remember if the class was listed on both the 27th and the 28th when I registered. Now I am concerned that it was, for some reason, pushed back a day. I have made breakfast reservations for Monday, Thursday, and Friday of that week - thinking that I needed to leave Tuesday morning open for the class as that is the date I had. I have already checked and I cannot swap my Monday reservation for Tuesday morning.

While I understand we need to attend a class in order to purchase the discounted tickets, I am a little panic-y that I have a weeks worth of plans that may have to be re-done with just over 20 days until we arrive. Can you tell me if, indeed, we are still participating in the Synergy in Science class on Tuesday 6/28/11 or was that class moved/cancelled and we have been put in another Synergy in Science for the previous day? If the 6/28 class was cancelled/moved can we be put into one of the other open classes on the 28th to save our schedule? My only concern with that is my youngest is 7 and 1/2 and my middle child will be 3 weeks shy of 9. I had picked Synergy in Science to allow all three children to take a class together. Thanks for your help.

If the message sounds choppy it's because I cut some irrelevant questions I had from the message before I copy/pasted to the thread :) I'll let you know if/what I hear back.

**UPDATE** I am far to antsy to wait on an email from them :) So I called 877-WD-YOUTH and spoke to a very nice CM. She checked the listings on their end and she says the class is still available on that date, that it is closed for enrollment. She said that the only thing she could think of was that they had pulled it from the listings we can see as it was now closed for enrollment (again, 6/27 shows closed but I didn't ask about that. I guess they mark them closed then later pull them, or maybe it depends on who is closing it.) Either way, I got verbal confirmation that we were still going to be attending the Synergy in Science class on 6/28/11 so my plans are intact - Hallelujah! And God Bless the CM I talked to, she was very sweet and really made me feel a bunch better about the class!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter