Signed pillowcase question

momof2n2

DIS Veteran
I've read a lot about the pillowcases but I haven't seem this asked. Can I request no princess signatures on my sons' pillowcases?

About how many signatures can I expect per case?

TIA

They have a checklist for characters, and you can request just Mickey and I'm sure you can request no princesses.

If I remember correctly, there were two boxes to check.

one box was the Fab Five: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto
second box was the princesses

Then there was a blank box for requested characters: My dd requested Peter Pan.

We checked it all and made requests. They still love their pillow cases!

I've read a lot about the pillowcases but I haven't seem this asked. Can I request no princess signatures on my sons' pillowcases? About how many signatures can I expect per case? TIA

Yes, you can request no princesses.
We got 14 signatures this cruise and 15 the last cruise. About 5 of them were princesses.

This is our first cruise--- is there a limit to how many pillowcases you can do ? We have three kids. Also, what is the process? I understand you put each pillowcase in a ziplock bag with a fabric sharpie. Where do you drop it off at the beginning if the cruise? Thank you!!

This is our first cruise--- is there a limit to how many pillowcases you can do ? We have three kids. Also, what is the process? I understand you put each pillowcase in a ziplock bag with a fabric sharpie. Where do you drop it off at the beginning if the cruise? Thank you!!

As far as I know, it is two items signed per stateroom.

It is only 2 items per stateroom. You place on ziplock bag with fabric sharpie. Also place candy inside fie each one I did miniature snickers and Reese for cast members as thank you. You take to guest service once you embark . I waited till after drill . I also placed each item in its own bag. You get them back the night before you arrive back in your stateroom .

Obviously every guest has their own experience, but I have three kids and had no trouble getting them each a signed pillowcase.

Yes, just make sure that you take it down fairly quickly after embarking so that you are guaranteed to get it done and back.

Also, I think that they are very reasonable when you can prove that it is for children all cruising. What they don't want is 15 pillowcases dropped off and then you coming home and putting them on ebay. If you have three young children in your cabin, I think they try to accommodate who is actually with you.

My friend has 3 kids who didn't cruise with us last year and she got pillowcases signed for them no problem.

Ooooooo!

I had planned to leave a package of 16 different colors of fabric markers. Is that not a good idea?
I was thinking they'd use different colors! So glad I'm asking this!

i have another question. It it better to put each item with a few markers in different bags or can you put like 2-3 items with a few markers in 1 bag if we want the same characters to sign them. :)

We had two gallon zip lock bags, label each bag with their name and cabin number. Inside each bag was a pillow case and a pack of 6 fabric markers. Our name and cabin number was labeled on everything. For the pillowcase, I used masking tape on the inside that I peeled off after we got them back. The characters did sign using the different colors we provided. 16 for one bag, may be a bit much….not sure.

The ship will have you fill out a form per each item. The day before you leave, the items show up back in your stateroom signed and ready to go.

I put all of the items I wanted signed in the same bag with a pack of 12 markers and the sheet with our stateroom # and character requests on it.

I'm very excited about this! Do you recommend washing the pillowcases first? Where do you recommend getting a good quality pillowcase?

I would wash ahead of time and iron them do not wrinkled. Also I place a piece of cardboard in them so when signed would not bleed onto the other side. 100% cotton is best. Mine came out beautiful.

I ordered a custom one from a maker on Ebay, and had it embroidered with the pirate Mickey logo, my son's name, and his birthday (the debarking date for our cruise). I think it was Bonniesews for the user name.

I put a pack of 6 or 8 fabric markers in the bag, and requested no princesses. They had all "boys" signatures, and Captain Jack signed the entire back super large, as he was our special request.:thumbsup2

Using Fabric markers is a good way to go, try to avoid others. You can get them at your local craft store. You will have to put the case in the dryer on high after in order to "set" the colors so they don't run, bleed, or fade if the case needs washed later.

Ooooooo! I had planned to leave a package of 16 different colors of fabric markers. Is that not a good idea? I was thinking they'd use different colors! So glad I'm asking this!
We left a ton of different colored fabric markers and each character chose their own color. We put our room number on the markers and placed them in a large ziplock bag. They were all returned together along with the markers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter