• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Signed paperwork for BWV, just waiting for ROFL....

SoCalKDG

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Well, I purchased 150 points for BWV. 73 per point with most of this years points, and all points June, 2005. Very excited, now I just hope I like WDW.

Yes, you heard right, never been. I'm a passholder at DLR. I go 15-20 times per year. I like to take a long vacation once a year, enjoy nice hotels, and water. DW and DD(2) both love everything Disney, so I figure WDW is a slam dunk. Just never wanted to spend $4000 to go.

Then, with the housing market the way it is here in SoCal, picked up some extra money. Found these boards, read for many many weeks, and decided DVC was the perfect timeshare. Now I'm close to joining you guys.

Thanks for all the info, stories, etc. Expect me to be around for awhile. Sprinkle some pixie dust, insuring my purchase will close, and that I love WDW even more than DLR.

Welcome home! We also own at BWV and will be taking our first trip home in mid-October. Think you'll really enjoy WDW although if you don't like the heat & humidity, stay away in the summer months -- it can be brutal!!

RuthnPaul

Congratulations. BWV is our favorite DVC resort. Hope you end up loving it as much as we do.

HBC

Wow - if you like DLR that much - you should love, love, love WDW. Quite a different experience, but so much more of it. SOme folks like the smallness of DLR - but others love the variety at WDW.

Enjoy!

Congratulations! Sounds like WDW is right up your alley! I'm sure you'll love BWV and all the other WDW DVC Resorts.

Good luck with ROFR!:)

Hi,

Sending Pixie Dust :wizard::wizard: Keep us posted!

Allison

Lived in Riverside for 3 years when I was a child.::yes:: :wave2:

Thanks guys. Anyone have ROFR happen on a contract that makes no sense?

Just rewatched the Disney DVD, and I've been accumalating photos of BWV. Waiting for my first trip is very difficult. I think a trip to Disneyland this Thursday evening is in the cards to help with my addiction.

I can't recall anyone posting that they had not passed ROFR since very early this year. Should be no worries - good luck.

OK, now I'm worried. If Disney is going to $89, and now starting to do ROFL again, I might be in trouble with my $73. I'm kind of thankful it wasn't an awesome deal in the high 60's, so hopefully it will go through. It will be interesting to see what the new floor is on resale prices after this increase.

Originally posted by SoCalKDG
OK, now I'm worried. If Disney is going to $89, and now starting to do ROFL again, I might be in trouble with my $73. I'm kind of thankful it wasn't an awesome deal in the high 60's, so hopefully it will go through. It will be interesting to see what the new floor is on resale prices after this increase.

LisaSt just reported that Disney just exercised ROFR at BWV for $73.25/pt but the seller was paying the closing costs. Good luck and keep us posted.

Originally posted by SoCalKDG
I might be in trouble with my $73.

Make sure you are the one paying the closing costs. If you're not it sounds like Disney will exercise for sure.

*sprinkle*

From one DLR vet to another; WDW will blow you away!:sunny:

If it would help to set anyone's mind at ease, within the last week I passed ROFR at BWV with a contract for 230 points, priced at $70. I also paid the closing costs.

Originally posted by ronw
I can't recall anyone posting that they had not passed ROFR since very early this year. Should be no worries - good luck.
There was a post today from someone who said that Disney has exercised ROFR on an OKW contract at $67.

Looks like Disney exercised ROFT on someone else's BWV contract today; this was taken from another thread:

"Disney just took ROFR on our BWV contract we were attempting to buy. Seller paid closing and they had 58 points left from 04 and all of 05 left. We were trying to get it for 73.25/point it was a 150 point contract so there is somewhat of a baseline on what they are buying back at"

This is going to make waiting for ROFR on the VWL contract we currently have in to Disney that much tougher!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter