Signature restaurant frequent flyers

MichelleWDWfan

DIS Veteran
Which do you prefer?
Citricos ..Yachtsman ...Flying Fish ...Artist Point

I'm doing the Dlx DDP, and I am dining solo this trip.
I've never eaten at any of them & have some extra dining points to use. :yay:
Really torn about choices. LOL

What are your likes/dislikes/preferences?

I've checked the menus but would love to hear some opinions/suggestions
of folks that have dined there. :listen:

:thanks:

Which do you prefer?

I really dislike Yachtsman and would avoid it; I know other people love it, but that's my opinion formed over several meals over the years. I don't care for the theme, and was never wow-ed by the food--service was average to poor.

That being said, any of the other three restaurants you mentioned are great. I would just decide based on where you will be that day, and which resort theme you prefer, or won't/haven't visited before. So, if you haven't been to WL at all before, go to AP. If you love the GF, go to Citricos. If you are going to be in the Epcot area and like the Boardwalk theme, go to FF. We like all three of those choices, and you really can't go wrong with any of them. OH--should mention that dining solo might be more enjoyable at FF, they have a nice bar area that I would choose if I were to dine alone there.

tyvm for your reply Chamonix.
Your thoughts really appreciated!

Still tweaking ADR's, so would appreciate more thoughts on this.
Thanks!

We've always had nice meals at Yatchman but not so much at Narcosses. Of all the ones you wrote, I would pick Citricos. If you would ask my sisiter, it would be Artist point and my dh it's Citricos also.

Which do you prefer?

We love Citricos. We haven't been able to go back since having kids, don't feel comfortable bringing my 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 year old to a restaurant like that. The desserts were amazing! The food was also very good too.

My family loves the signature restaurants but have never tried Citricos or Artist Point (yet). From your list, my top choice would be Yachtsman - we haven't had a bad meal there and will be eating there again next month. We also love Narcoossees at GF. We've dined at Flying Fish a few times and its ok. We also love California Grill so we were bummed to find out its being refurbished right now.

We have had lovely meals at all of these restaurants. I would say our favs were Artist Point and Flying Fish.

We liked our meal at Yachtsman, but I have to say that the best steaks we had at WDW were at Hollywood Brown Derby in DHS. I know... we were surprised too.

We just got back this week and tried Yachtsman's and Artist Point. Yachtsman's was good, the service was just extremely slow. We were there early for our reservation and still didn't get seated until 20 minutes after our reservation time. Our whole meal from the time we sat down was over 2 1/2 hours. Not good with a 4 1/2 year old. We loved Artist Point. The food was excellent and the service was top notch.

Which do you prefer?

I would say Citricos followed closely by Artist Point. If you are interested in atmosphere, I would rate Artist Point first, for service, I would rate Citricos first.

Flying Fish and Artist Point were great. Narcoosee's had nice ambiance, however the food was awful.

I would rate them:
  1. Citricos
  2. Flying Fish
  3. Artist's Point
  4. Yachtsman
I see some mention of Narcoossees here, even though it is was not brought up in your original post. To the extent you care, I agree with starousse. Terrific location ruined by very mediocre and very expensive food.

We've dined at Citricos, Yachtsman, and Flying Fish on our last trip in December. Citricos was so good we ended up having dinner there twice! Haven't been to Artist Point yet but it is on our list for our next trip.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

We have had great meals at all of them except FF. We ate there twice and had a problem with the food both times. The server was great tho and offered to fix the problem both times.

The problem with "which one is best of these 4" is that you'll probably get every possible combination as responses. So here are mine:

1. Flying Fish: one of my favorite DP places. Always had good meals; sometimes even great. Creative, chef-driven food and a great wine program. Somewhat casual-feeling for a Signature spot (just in ambiance), but that's not really a drawback for me.

2. Citrico's: One of the most upscale DP places. I've had excellent meals, except for one entree that was seriously flawed and inedible. Probably just a fluke. I don't find the flavor profiles to be particularly exciting, but that is just personal preference. Excellent service.

3. Artist Point: I like their take on Pacific NW food, but sometimes the execution suffers a bit. Not in my normal "dining rotation," but it's certainly not on my blacklist. Good, but not great.

4. Yachtsman: Lower mid-level steakhouse fare. Below the national names like Morton's, Ruth's Chris, Shula's, etc., and not even in the same universe as the top-tier spots. I actually like their non-steak food better. I know many people love YS, but it makes me wonder what their steakhouse benchmarks are. The steaks at YS seem merely like "good grocery store meat."

My vote:

1. Citricos
2. Artist Point
3. Yachtsman
4. FF (food is very good, just found it big and noisy)

Flying Fish is the single best meal I have ever had it was absolutely incredible really a must do if you have not been there especially solo because you can sit at the chefs counter :thumbsup2
Really try anything but Yucksman its awful at least in my experiences
I also recommend Brown Derby another great sig
I'm trying Citricos and Artist Point soon so I cannot speak to those yet...

I completely agree the best Steak I think I've had on property was at Brown Derby

...and just to illustrate the term "your results may vary," the only WDW steak I've ever sent back was at Brown Derby. I ordered rare+ and got medium, along with mashed potatoes that were cold in the center. The replacement plate was good, however, and I still eat at HBD almost every trip.

My best WDW steaks were at V&A (real A5 Wagyu beef), bluezoo (AMAZING Four-Story Hill Farm beef...not sure if they have it any longer), Waldorf's Bull & Bear (best steakhouse within the resort) and Jiko.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter