signature drink ideas and options?

faithtrustnpixidust

Earning My Ears
Hello all disney brides! I am thinking about having a signature drink at my reception and dessert party instead of doing a bar package. Has anyone done this?
I remember hearing on one of Carries podcasts that serving signature drinks are options but I can't find much more information about this. Is it possible without a bar package? What are the costs?
My thought is to do mimosas for brunch and some sort of frozen drink if possible, or cocktail at the dessert party.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!!

Well, here I said you'd get all these replies if you posted this question in the main forum, and... dang! :rolleyes: :rotfl:

You can add individual drinks via bill-on-consumption (BOC), meaning you pay for what's consumed instead of buying a package of drinks up front. The price will depend on what's in the drink. Some ideas are Grey Goose slushies, margaritas, or signature cocktails like the "Something Blue" coconut rum drink DFTW created for its recent bridal showcase.

P1120026.jpg

Hopefully some other brides will come along and share the signature cocktails they had at their events. :thumbsup2

Well, here I said you'd get all these replies if you posted this question in the main forum, and... dang! :rolleyes: :rotfl:

You can add individual drinks via bill-on-consumption (BOC), meaning you pay for what's consumed instead of buying a package of drinks up front. The price will depend on what's in the drink. Some ideas are Grey Goose slushies, margaritas, or signature cocktails like the "Something Blue" coconut rum drink DFTW created for its recent bridal showcase.

P1120026.jpg

Hopefully some other brides will come along and share the signature cocktails they had at their events. :thumbsup2

I don't really have any helpful input (sorry!) but I just think that the 'Something Almost Blue' is too funny! :rotfl:

There's also an older thread (2010) here that has some past brides' experiences with the signature cocktails. Maybe that can help?

Our planner told us at the planning session that with having the package bar we can pick from a list of about 6 drinks that would be our signature drink at no additional cost. For our dessert party we're having a wine and beer open bar, and at the wedding we're having a full open bar. Both nights we can pick from the same list of signature drinks though.

I'm not sure how it would be BOC or if we had a specific drink we wanted, but this works out well for us so hopefully this might help you a little :)

I don't have any of my budget info any more and my event was so long ago that pricing wouldn't help (though the cake is exactly the same has it was then :laughing:). I had a BOC bar package but I also added a couple of signature cocktails on. My theme was fleur de lis and I found a champagne and strawberry cocktail with a French sounding name online (it was also suitably pink). I sent the recipe to my planner who set it up with the bartender. Pricing probably would depend on the drink. I seem to remember hearing about at the time events where they did only offer a couple of drinks at BOC.

I added a signature drink to my package bar at no additional cost. Below is the information I was given when I was preparing my wedding.

Pre-Authorized Specialty Drinks
The following is a list of drinks that can be added to any bar event. Feel free to use the drink name or customized appropriately to the group.

Package Bars: add on any one of the below drinks with no extra charge
Beer and Wine Package: add on any one of the below drinks with no extra charge
Hosted Beer/Wine Bar: sell any one of the below drinks at the cost of an import beer ($6.75++)
Cash Beer/Wine Bar: sell any one of the below drinks at the cost of an import beer ($7.50)

Tropical Sunset *The one we did*
Myer's Platinum Rum, Triple Sec, Sour Mix, with a float of Grenadine

Blue Hawaiian
Myer's Platinum Rum, Blue Curacao, Pineapple Juice, Sour Mix

Grape Crush
Skyy Vodka, Creme de Cassis, Sour Mix, Sprite

Orange Crush

Skyy Vodka, Triple Sec, Orange Juice, Sour Mix, Sprite

Pink Lemonade
Skyy Citrus Vodka, Lemonade, Grenadine

Sour Apple Martini
Sour Apple Pucker, Skyy Vodka, Melon Liqueur, Sour Mix, Sprite

The Blue Martini

Skyy Citrus Vodka, Blue Curacao, Peach Schnapps, Sour Mix, Pineapple Juice

Bloody Mary
Skyy Vodka, Tomato Juice, and Spices

Hope that helps! Our wedding was last year so I'm sure it's still the same list.

We had the Grand Marnier Slushie at our DP for our siggie drink. I didn't even know if we'd be able to do it, so I asked my planner at the time (Tanis) just for the heck of it ('cause you never know, right?) And she asked and said yes, we could do it!

I can't remember how much...maybe $10 a person?

Thank you so much for the help and suggestions!!
My planning session hasn't happened yet, but I had heard of one bride having signature cocktails and was hoping to hear from a few more that had done it as well!
Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter