Signature Dining Recommendations?

I just got back yesterday. We ate at Le Cellier for lunch (ok, so it's only sort of Signature at this point, maybe pre-Signature), and California Grill and Jiko for dinner, of the Signatures we tried. All were very good, and impressed us. Le Cellier was tasty, though the portion size on the gnocchi was ridiculously large. (Hey chefs at Le Cellier- gnocchi is potato pasta, it's really filling. I don't need a plate of it the size of my head!) My husband loved the filet, and thought this was the best restaurant of the trip. Cali Grill was awesome, we had the best table, right at the window, and the food was brilliant. Definitely try the Pacific Monchong, it was to die for. Jiko was super tasty too, and if you like spicy food, give the shrimp curry a shot. Interestingly, when we were at Jiko, after we'd ordered, a party of two 20-somethings came in and were seated next to us. They ended up ordering our exact entrees after seeing ours come out.

We're big wine drinkers, and Cali Grill and Jiko have a fantastic selection of wines. We let our server pick for us at Jiko, and he was spot on. We took along a notepad so we could write down what we had and look for it at home.

At least with our limited experience, you can't go wrong with any of the Signatures.

We're big wine drinkers, and Cali Grill and Jiko have a fantastic selection of wines. We let our server pick for us at Jiko, and he was spot on. We took along a notepad so we could write down what we had and look for it at home.

You should also try Artist Point. Their wine list features wines from the Pacific Northwest.

Although this one wasn't even in the running for one of my signature choices, I think I have been persuaded to try Flying Fish. I love seafood and last year I was thoroughly disappointed with the Coral Reef (although the aquarium was very cool!).

My question is this.....how difficult is it to get to the Flying Fish from Epcot? Is it close enough to walk from the World Showcase? and if so, how long a walk? or is there a better way? I'm thinking about this one for my World Showcase day.....how much time will be taken up by eating here? It seems that in all my previous trips, the World Showcase gets short-changed and I don't want to do that again this time around.

...My question is this.....how difficult is it to get to the Flying Fish from Epcot? Is it close enough to walk from the World Showcase? and if so, how long a walk? or is there a better way? I'm thinking about this one for my World Showcase day.....how much time will be taken up by eating here? It seems that in all my previous trips, the World Showcase gets short-changed and I don't want to do that again this time around.

Not difficult at all. Just walk through the International Gateway (IG) by United Kingdom. It's only about 5 minutes walk. We park hopped from Hollywood Studios and took the boat from there to the Boardwalk (drops you off right by the restaurant).

How long to eat varies I guess. Our actual dining was about 1 1/2 hours (maybe a little more) including appetizers, entrees, and dessert. And we ate at an average pace (not rushed, not lingering). We were seated right away and service was prompt. So, however long you usually would eat is the answer....

But, we spent almost an hour before dinner looking at the Boardwalk resort decorations and enjoying the boardwalk entertainers, then about another hour with the entertainers after dinner!!! DS5 was part of the act, there was simple but funny magic, and some really wild card tricks involving audience participation. We started dinner around 7:30pm and didn't leave the boardwalk until after 10pm. We could also see some of the fireworks from the parks too.

Between these 2 maps, you can see how to get there.
Epcot resort area
Epcot

Not difficult at all. Just walk through the International Gateway (IG) by United Kingdom. Don't take the boat... if I remember right (someone confirm?), the route is from IG to everywhere else, then Boardwalk then back to IG. It's only about 5 minutes walk. We park hopped from Hollywood Studios and took the boat from there to the Boardwalk (drops you off right by the restaurant).

The boat does stop at Boardwalk both coming and going, so BW is the first stop after getting on at International Gateway. But I still agree that its faster to walk. About the only way the boat would beat you is if it just happened to be leaving as you started out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter