dare2dream

DIS Veteran
Added Sept 29, 2008

It is never too late to join the WISH Biggest Loser 6 Challenge. To join PM a request to CharityLynn our BL team agent. She will contact you with a team assignment. You may also email her at CLKAngel1680@aol.com.

The next step to join is to record your weight. When you receive your team assignment report your weight to me the weightkeeper. You may PM me at dare2dream or email to brenda@kbelectric.biz. If using email please include your DIS name. Whenever you report your weight also include your team.

Then read our BL FAQ thread here.

If you have any questions after reading everything please contact me.

now back to the original post***

It's time for the WISH Biggest Loser 6 Challenge (BL6). Come join the fun.

What is the WISH Biggest Loser 6 Challenge you ask. It can be a phenomenal weight loss tool if used properly. You will get out of this challenge what you put into it. Anyone with any amount of weight to lose is welcome to join us. This challenge will run as long as the NBC Biggest Loser season. Usually that is about 15 or so weeks. The TV show starts Tuesday September 16. Past participants have enjoyed a Friday weigh in so our first weigh in will be next Friday September 12.

Participants will be randomly assigned to one of three teams. The three teams will compete for the weekly Biggest Loser title. The weekly Biggest Losers on each team will also be named. Each participant will be able to proudly sport our BL6 clippie. The clippie is under construction so stay tuned for that.

Some weeks will involve a weekly team challenge. A list of tasks will be published with a point value for each task. Previous tasks have included trying new fruits or vegetables, sharing healthy recipes, taking a bubble bath, daily exercise, etc. At the end of the week points are totaled and the team with the highest score is named the weekly team challenge winner. Participants on each team with the highest scores will be named. Participation in these challenges is voluntary but your points will help your team achieve victory.

If you do not have time to participate in the weekly team challenge then please don't feel like you are letting your team down. The most important part of BL6 is to help YOU lose weight. This challenge is a tool designed to help you commit to a healthier lifestyle. Hopefully after 15 or so weeks with the challenge we will all develop healthier habits and have a nice weight loss to show for our efforts.

Each week you will report your weight to the weight keeper. This is the only person that will ever know your weight. It will never be revealed to anyone. Losers are determined by the percentage of weight lost for the week. No one is kicked out of the challenge. Those not reporting a weight for three straight weeks are dropped from the challenge but will be welcomed with open arms if they choose to return.

Each team will have a weekly team thread hosted by their team captain. This thread is a wonderful place to commit, encourage, and inspire. Visit your thread often if you can. Get to know your team members. Your peeps will be there to help you along the way and they will need you too.

If you have any questions post them here or PM me. To commit post on this thread. Then stay tuned to the WISH forum for more details to be posted next week. You have nothing to lose except some excess weight.

Sorry this post is so wordy. I just wanted to make sure everything was covered for those not familiar with our challenges. For those returning I can't wait to start losing with you again!! I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you better as we travel on our weigh loss journeys together.

Have a healthy day!

Let's get going Losers!!!!

Just expressing a commitment here is all you need to do for now. Don't forget to record your weight next Friday for the initial weigh in. More details will follow next week as we get more organized.

Welcome aboard MMG! I'm looking forward to losing with you!

I'm in! I'm so excited and really need this again.

Im SO IN!!!!! 1st time here. Need ALL the help I can get!!!! lol :)

I soooo need this. I was using a free site called spark people dot com which is great because you can put in what you ate and it can keep track of it for you and also keeps track of how much water you drank and workouts (even stuff like just walking for 15 minutes). The only problem was that even though I posted i wasn't getting any answers from people and felt alone. i am so glad to have people here with comon goals to can help keep me motivated and i can help them too.

In short: Sign me up!

Thanks for calling me away from the cruise boards. We are cruising Dec 13th and I want to be bikini ready!

Hey Brenda, my buddy from the Massive thread, I"M IN!!! I have kinda fallen off the wagon, but was hanging on to it, getting dragged behind it :lmao: But I am back and ready to go. So sign me up, Sistah!!!

I am already part of the WW board, but still a long way away from my goal, and also hoping to lose more before my cruise on 11/6. I would love to do something a bit more fun and challenging. :cheer2:

We're glad you're here. We can be a chatty bunch and look forward to having you as part of the WISH Biggest Loser 6 challenge. We're here to help each other.

Don't forget to weigh in next Friday September 12. Keep visiting the WISH board for the official BL6 thread with all the FAQs. It should be posted the middle of next week after the final details are ironed out. Please be patient with us, we are just volunteers and do this for the fun of it and because we need it. The thread will also include info on our BL6 clippie that is under construction. All participants in BL6 are welcome to add the clippie to their signature. Usually a large and small version are offered.

Meanwhile start working on your game plan and make some personal goals for BL6. If you really jump in with both feet you can get a lot out of the challenge. Use this as a tool to help you lose the weight and develop healthy habits.

We can do this together. Let's help each other and have some fun along the way.

l am a lurker trying to get more involved and definitely needing to lose weight

Michelle

I would like to join all the way from the UK.

I can weigh in on the 12th but the week after that I am doing a lot of birthday things so my weigh in will not be great,

I'm in and I justsent you a email about taking on a captain's role if you need one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter