Sigma Delta Sorority Sisters are here!!!

I don't mean to brag, but we're having a short January thaw here is Chicago - 41 degrees right now. Of course, I'm stuck inside working and then meeting with students tonight in advance of my first test. But at least some of the snow is going away.

Hello Sistas and brothers... It is a gorgeous 70 degress here in North Texas today... I am sorry for those of you having to weather the bad storms....All is going well here. I was looking on the boards lately and wondering about buying into DVC... Have any of you thought about it, looked into it anything? I have walked past the kiosk a hundred times and recently have become interested in the program... :flower1:

MP~Funny you should mention about Disney Vacation Club because I have actually become interested in it myself. I am planning on going to the informational hour on it when I go on the Disney Cruise next month. When I get the particulars, I'd be happy to share. I have a lot of questions about how it works and how restrictive it is. I would need to use the points during peak school vacation times so I wonder if it will be worth it for our family.

6-9 more inches of snow forecast for our area tonight!!! Could we possibly have another snow day?? Oh well, I didn't really need summer vacation anyway. :rolleyes:

Joanne

Hi Deb!!~So nice to see you on here. We too...are experiencing sunny :sunny: & warm weather (like Texas). Can't believe you mentioned the DVC! As much time as we spend at DVB (2-weeks this coming summer), we have contemplated this dozens of times. YET, it just never seems to "work-out" on paper. The only way I would "buy-in" would be via a resale property. These are the BEST deals, and require minimal investment. We have "looked" into this program from day-one, when the OLD KEY WEST property was completed. We took one of the tours at DVB when we initially stayed there, and again...went over the figures several times. I must attest, it is the ONLY time-share program we would ever even "consider" purchasing.
Have you visited the DVC board to look at the resales? ;)

Ozzie~ You are as sharp as a TACK!! (IMHO)! :D I seem to have frequent "lapses" in memory...but most are intentional!! (LOL). :rolleyes:
Where are you staying while in Vegas? It's sure to be WARM there. :cloud9:

Lou... Cute pic from one of my favorite films (Love the LAMP featured in this flick!). No, I didn't touch the pole...but did try the storm door frame once!! (HOW did you KNOW?) LOL...DB poured cool water on my tongue to separate it from the metal. Too funny...it was my first/last time to try such a stunt!! :rolleyes:

*And what's with the "MORE THAN 10-DAYS you are MOVING" Comment on the ANGELS thread?!? HMMM?!?!? I completely RESEMBLE that remark, and can not possibly BRING EVERYTHING, (unless perhaps I strap it all upon your back!!!) :p

Mouseteacher "From your keyboard to God's ears![/b] PLEASE, send some of the FLUFF my way?! Glad to read you are back to school, but concerned for the students (for reasons you mentioned, especially WALKING). Do you keep them "inside" under such conditions, or do they still have recess? I'm asking, as the more rambunctious ones would have a BLAST in the 5' drifts around the grounds!! (LOL). :jumping3: Stay safe. :hug:

ww52~Wow, Bill. Nice weather for Chi-town in JANUARY!! :cool1:
Hope the test goes well, and you are enjoying your classes/students. Was going to fly to O'hare for a possible trip to NY, but not sure. Haven't been through there in years. How's the AP?

DVC Member here. :wave: PM or e-mail with any questions I can help with. We joined 2 years ago and love it. Coincidently we joined on the last time we had 20 inches of snow! :p

DF - AP=airport? I have Disney on the brain and I'm reading that as Annual Passes. Anyway - depending on the terminal, O'Hare has improved over the years. Much more of a real selection of Chicago style eateries. There is even a Billy Goat's tavern there (Chiz-borger, Chiz-borger!), which is embroiled in a controversey now (the owner used his wife's name to qualify for the city's minority and women business program, apparently at the suggestion of a city council member.) Overall, it's still one of my least favorite airports (Orlando is my favorite, but that is more psychological than anything else.) Newark is my least favorite. I like Atlanta and Denver also - don't recal LAX even though I was there twice.

Back to reality - the thaw was just for today. Back in the 20s tomorrow.

:cool1: Hi from snowtown...I mean beantown!! :teeth: The snow is coming down and school is cancelled. Fortunately we began before Labor Day so that gives us a little wiggle room.

DF~ We did send the kids out at lunch recess yesterday for 10 minutes. The sun was very bright and little wind. I told them the only part of their body they could use in relation to the snow was their ......EYES!!! LOL

MP~ I participated in the very first DVC presentations when there was only Old Key West. I was very intrigued but couldn't justify it. Maybe I was being too conservative. There is a part of me today that wishes I had just jumped in and did it. I believe the cost back then was relatively do-able. It was the monthly fee that was steep, if I remember correctly.

jmcross~ Do you have your shovel ready???? :crazy:

MT~Yes, I do have my shovel ready! This is unbelievable.

We are now scheduled to get out of school on June 28th with a half teacher day on June 29th. If we have just two more snow days this winter we'll be into July!! Yikes!

I'm going shopping today. I can't stand being cooped up any longer. I have 4 wheel drive so I'm going to brave the roads.

Happy Wednesday!

Joanne

Morning all,
Can't believe you are in for more snow today. Yesterday it was 55' here. Not as warm as TX, but sort of spring-like.
DF...not sure what you mean about "being sharp as a tack".....I can't even remember why I open certain doors, go into certain rooms, etc.! I can't even remember what I posted! LOL Anyway, that made me feel good and not so old! We are staying at the Bellagio and have tickets for "O". I can't wait. Just about 2 weeks away. Yesterday I got a postcard from Disney with a code number on it and am thinking I might need to use it! The only trouble is that it expires in April. I need it for June or later! Maybe I will win a few $$ in Vegas so I can go earlier!

Bill...how about those ILLINI? What fun that game was. Just when I thought we were doomed they came through with flying colors! 20-0...sure never saw that coming earlier in the season......what a ride! Think I will spend a bit of time in the Bellagio sports book to watch them play Wisconsin while I am in LV. That should be fun. And I can't miss the game. What superbowl? LOL
fc7bdbe3.gif

Gotta get to school......have a great day! :wave2:

Ozzie - I missed the game! I had to tutor some students last night and then prepare for class. By the time I got home it was over. Now I have yet to see a game from end to end, and the only one I did see the whole second half they went into OT (thankfully winning). Actually, I saw the whole first half of the Purdue game and they were losing at half time. A pattern?

Chicago is really abuzz about them now - headlines the size that were reserved for the pro teams not long ago. DePaul used to garner that attention, but they've lost the recruiting war to Illinois and it will only continue with this kind of success. Undefeated almost into February, and against a tough team on their court (I just saw the Tribune headline - Homewreckers!)

Stay safe everyone in the Northeast - I thought maybe our one day warmup would head your way. School in late June? And maybe even early July?

Reminds me of something I heard about Chicago weather. The latest it's ever snowed here is sometime in June. Followed by - the earliest it's ever snowed here is July. (Which I don't think is true, but who knows.) Here's hoping for a significant February thaw for Boston and the NE.

Bill

Ozzie, enjoy "O" and LV! We have tickets to see LaNouba for the third time. Love that show!

Mouseteacher, We have the day off from school in CT too. It certainly is wintery around here... Enjoy your day off!

Waving to everyone (and looking at my countdown) :sunny:

Muffy

No school here today, either. After having so much last weekend, another 5 inches today shut all the schools down around this part of western MA.

Muffy, i just realized we'll be there at the same time -we arrive on Fri, the 18th - if my husband shakes off the pneumonia!! He's back from yet another week in the hospital and we have this 40 ft line for oxygen right now which they hope to have him off within the next week. Please send some pixie dust our way. :flower:

Ozzie- have a wonderful time in LV - never been there but hope to some day.

JMCross, Paras, and Mouseteacher- how did you fare with the snow today? And to think that just a few weeks ago, we had plenty of green (and i don't mean money)! :teeth:

Hope you all have a great day! Caroline :earsgirl:

You can see your countdown?

I'll be in WDW February 16 - 27. Any mini-meets anyone would like to arrange?

lovingthemouse said:
Muffy, i just realized we'll be there at the same time -we arrive on Fri, the 18th - if my husband shakes off the pneumonia!! He's back from yet another week in the hospital and we have this 40 ft line for oxygen right now which they hope to have him off within the next week. Please send some pixie dust our way. :flower:
Caroline :earsgirl:

Caroline, sending plenty of pixie dust that your DH will be off oxygen soon! I'm so sorry to hear he that he had pneumonia! It does sound like his health is headed in the right direction now though. Are you staying onsite? Happy planning! :sunny:

Muffy

KelliR said:
You can see your countdown?

I'll be in WDW February 16 - 27. Any mini-meets anyone would like to arrange?

Yes, 19 days and counting!

Are you staying at the Swan or Dolphin? We will be at the Swan until the 27th too! :sunny:

Muffy

Muffy, I am staying at Vistana this time. But any excuse to meet you for dinner at Gulliver's Grill would be great!

lovingthemouse - I am sending PD your way for your DH's good health.

Muffy and Kelli - we have a timeshare right by Goodings Market at the Crossroads in Lake Buena Vista - if you decide to have a minimeet - let me know. Would love to meet some of these "sorority sisters" I have been "chatting " with over the past months. Caroline :flower:

Caroline, Muffy and Kelli~ I am soooooooooo envious. I hope you all can get together. It was such fun last July to meet up with #1HM, Disbug, DF and jenny. I wish the same for you guys. :sunny:

Caroline, what green?????????!!!!!!!!!!!! All I see is white!!!! DS and I just got in from shoveling. I haven't done that in many years since DH was always in charge of the snowblower. :wizard: here's some PD for your DH and for a speedier recovery -- FLA sunshine sounds just like what the doctor ordered.

Checking in from RI! The snow's pretty much ended, we probably got another 4-5 inches. Right now it's pretty since there's no sand or salt on the roads in our neighborhood - it's just clean and white. My kids went to school but both were dismissed early. By the time I arrived home they had most of the driveway shoveled! My DD is quite the worker - she's small but she's persistent. Now she's out playing and DS has headed out with a friend to try to earn some money shoveling. This is the first time he's tried it, I'm having a hard time realizing he really is old enough!

I too wish I were joining the travelers headed to FL soon. Maybe those of us left here in snowy NE should meet somewhere and share tropical drinks anyway! :goodvibes

paras4ri said:
I too wish I were joining the travelers headed to FL soon. Maybe those of us left here in snowy NE should meet somewhere and share tropical drinks anyway! :goodvibes

I'm in!!

Joanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter