Sigma Delta Sorority Sisters are here!!!

#1hockeymom said:
I am back! Denise will be in the world a bit longer, currently staying at BCV. We were supposed to have some "pool hopping" pictures at SAB, but even Florida had cold temperatures so there was no way we could talk my DS into swimming on Monday!!
That speaks Volumes...as DANNY is one boy whom is NOT AFRAID of C~O~L~D!! As much time as he spends on the ice, I know he is not wary of the "chill factor"~! :cool: I'll miss the pool-hopping pics~!

*Glad to see you back, safe & sound!! :hug:

DF99 :wave:

KelliR said:
MT ~ congrats on the great Pats win. Good luck next week. I think DF may be slow in getting her next installment written because she is busy reading the correct guidelines for using these boards! :p I know that was very sarcastic of me but I just couldn't resist!
That...and a few other issues...! LOL...but, as soon as I have the time, I'll post it ALL!
I read your post on the RB, and felt sad :sad2: to see you admonished for your valid input. As mouseteacher so aptly posted...WWWD?!? :earsboy: ::yes::

*It is a "wierd" feeling, to be so closely scrutinized as adults. Anyone ever read 1984? LOL. :rolleyes:

Enjoy the week!!

DF99 :cloud9:

Glad to hear you had a great trip, Debbie. I was with you and Denise in mind and heart all weekend (while laying in bed battling a miserable cold and cough wishing I were with you -- FLA's temps of 40s or 50s sounds pretty good as we had -2 degrees this morning!)

A question, Debbie - Did you feel it worth doing a short trip? I've done a long weekend, once, over Memorial Day (staying at POFQ when it was just PO) and it was great but I longed for more time.

I hope your cold gets better!
Since our first few trips to Disney were one day trips, anything over 3 is a treat for me! I think we stayed one more day than during Halloween and having five days/five nights wasn't bad at all! Coming in late Wednesday allowed us to have a complete day on Thursday! We had half of Monday... then back to.. shall I say it? The real world! ACK! We do like our Disney in a non-rush time and are thinking about doing a two week/cheap resort trip this summer to see how that long vacation feels!

We did discuss how much fun we had at the sorority meet! I still think everyone at the GF Tea was jealous of our table and the fun we were all having!

In a few months it will be time for the second annual Sigma Delta Rush Week!

Debbie

Hi "Kids"!! :wave: (NY terminology...I can never seem to shake!). :rolleyes:

I'm busy this am, have a piece to hit the wire before noon. I'm also checking the minimized site (Airlines...), where I have discovered first class airfare on Delta @ a substantial savings! WOW...I'm amazed, as the prices are close to what they charged for coach YEARS ago (before JetBlue and SWA entered the picture). I'm going to have to select one soon, and "fill-in" all the rest of the details...(the FUN part!).

Hope everyone else is enjoying this January day...and keeping WARM (especially if you are in the SNOW!). My snowbird parents left for Sunny FLORIDA yesterday! They will be there for about 2-months. :cloud9: Anything to escape the cold of NY.

Mouseteacher...hope you are feeling better soon. At least you will not be up and around the CITY! We heard of an FBI alert on some Chinese Nationals whom were smuggled across the Mexican border (carrying a dirty bomb). They were supposedly headed for Boston, or NY. Stay away from main transportation areas, and/or Gov't Buildings. :sad2: It's difficult to fathom/recall how life was....before 911. The innocence, and oblivion we all shared...was blissful. Get well soon. :hug:

Debbie...no doubt about it! We were having SO much fun at the GF tea, everyone wanted "IN" on the FUN!! When we moved it outside...the guests were all intrigued by our antics, and looking all over for the hidden cameras! :rotfl:

Hope you do the two-week stay this summer! It's fab to have extended time at WDW, to do as you please, when/how you wish. It's the BEST (IMHO) to truly appreciate all the "little" things about the parks, resorts, and Orlando. I recall how much fun you and DS had at the POP! Perhaps they will offer some great rates for the summer. If I hear of ANY at ANY resort...I'll PM you ASAP.
::yes::

TTFN to all!!

DF99 :wave2: Enjoy the WEEK...(almost 3/4 through January). :eek:

sarahsmom73 said:
Hi Everyone!! We are bracing for a wicked cold night.. They are expecting the windchill to be - 45 F!!!! It figures.. This happens every year at this time because tomorrow is my concert with grades 2 - 5! ARGHH!!! If we delay tomorrow it will really mess me up... If I have to cancel the concert due to cold windchills it will mess me up!

I hope everyone else is warm and toasty! :charac2:
:eek: I nearly missed this one, and hope it proved warmer than -45! I also hope the concert was a success, and everyone was entertained & WARM! :D

Enjoy the wonderful news of the MANDERA SPA set to open in the Dolphin this summer! (In the old Copa club!). :teleport: Just the THOUGHT of this place, is cathartic! :cloud9:

TTFN...DF99 :wave2:

Can I just say.... I AM SICK OF COLD!!! We are under yet another Windchill warning... -20 to - 45.... It is - 18 with no windchill right now... It stinks when the kids can't get outside for recess!!!

I am ready to blow off our annual winter Carnival and head to FL for 4 days... I have seen airfare as low as $65 each way... This is rediculous.....

TGIF!!!!

:wave: DF!

Count me in on wanting to banish winter! Unfortunately it looks like many of us will have snow this weekend. Hey DF - would you parents like some company in Florida? We're fairly well-behaved. ;)

I know there are hockey fans here and while this pertains to soccer, I know you'll be excited too. DD scored a hat-trick (sp?) last night at her game.
(that's 3 goals gang!) :D

Have a good day friends!

GAIL! Congrats to your DD! DS has only scored a hat trick once in his "career", but I gave birth to a defenseman, so he isn't supposed to be up there! LOL I commend your daughter for her achievement! (not a hockey fan, I just play one on tv LOL) (darn it... I think I just showed my age!)

Here is to some warmer weather! We're at -1, not-18... brrrr! A few more degrees for you guys and you could cancel school if those buses won't start! I know our local district will cancel at -20. I don't think my district will cancel for anything!

Off to work and report card work for the second half of the day! We get an hour lunch today... woo hooo!
Debbie

We never close for cold weather.. Last year we had 5 straight days and nights of -40 during the night and - 20 duting the day.... On the 5th day we closed because the fuel in the busses gelled...

ACK! I guess your district has heated garages? There goes that "cold" day for you! Sorry!

should we slapshot Lou now, or later? :)

Gail ... congrats to your daughter! Wow! We are a soccer and volleyball family here - no hockey. But I think all the Buffalo Sabres fans are going stir-crazy! THe ice at HSBC Arena (where the Sabres noramlly play) got some use last night. My DD7 and I went to see Disney on Ice. we had front row seats and we both really enjoyed it. She did comment that we were lucky, she felt sorry for the people way up high (in the nosebleed seats).

It's 1 degree here - I don't feel like waiting at the bus stop - the windchill may get to me. I must be old ...

We're at a balmy 22 degrees here in Chicago, but expecting the snow that I heard is going to eventually hit 14 states in total. And my son had to pick this weekend to come home from Purdue for some concert (I have no idea what band - he has a different taste in music.) Now I sound old. Luckily, he's not driving home, (going Greyhound) and if the snow is bad tomorrow he'll take a train/bus combination into the city for the concert (which is at a place near Wrigley Field called the Metro.) Then taking Amtrak back to school Sunday night. Is it really worth all that? I guess I forgot what being 19 is like.

Hey Ozzie - did you survive the Iowa OT game? I thought that was going to be the one. Illinois was clearly the better team (20-some assists!) but Iowa kept getting back up until OT. They are a joy to watch, but going undefeated really looks hard. Everyone is up for them now and playing their best game of the year against them.

Stay warm everyone!

Bill

Good evening,sorority house! :wave:

I'm bracing for a nor'easter / blizzard here. :earseek: It will arrive tomorrow night and continue into Sunday. We're expecting up to 18 in.

ww52~we're a balmy 5 degrees here in Boston.

Congrats, Gail, to EB! Way to go! I guess you are going to get the blizzard, too. We'll I guess we can settle in and get ready to watch the Patriots beat the Steelers. :smooth:

Is Disbug still in WDW? Where are you, Denise? :3dglasses

brrrrr I hope you have plenty of milk, bread, and pet food just in case! (don't ask.. we're always out of those items!)

We thought it funny today when walking to our vehicles after lunch, (half day for kids means a real lunch for us!), that it was 12 degrees out, but we didn't have our coats zipped or buttoned! The sun was streaming down, the wind was nil... it was gloriously warm feeling! The sun is now down... it is COLD!

Debbie~ We had an early release today, too! We had a special luncheon to say to good-bye to my administrative assistant who will be moving to NH to be closer to her son and grandchild. She is a very young grandmother - not even 50 yet! It was really nice for the whole faculty and staff to come together and have a catered, sit-down, no-rush lunch. We even put linen tablecloths on our cafe tables and the caterers had real plates and silverware -- not plastic or paper. LOL There was a good deal of camaraderie, laughter and good food. The students wouldn't have known who were! :rolleyes:

SHHHHHHHHH - don't tell -- we did this in place of our scheduled faculty meeting. :bitelip:

We just got a memo about your wonderful inservice day! Nice job! You had a wonderful speaker and everyone took home so much knowledge!

Sounds like a lovely time was had by all! How nice that you were all able to get together for this and to honor her. Then again... I hear you have an "in" with the principal! :)

Hey Bill,
Wasn't sure I could get through that game without having a heart attack! I was exhausted when it was over; I can't imagine how tired those players must have been. One of the officials is my superintendent(Ed Hightower). I tease him about chasing Dee Brown all night and what good shape he must be in. I agree that they probably will fall one night and I am afraid it might be soon! But they sure are fun to watch.

Planning a trip to Vegas soon and can't wait. How do people like the new ticket system and extra hours at Disney? I think I would really like the extra late hours. It is cooler and I am more of a night person, then can sleep in a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter