- sigh - Anniversary Dinner - Please help! :)

Disney Dreams

Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Hi All,

Okay so we will be celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary at WDW. It's just DH and I for the week. We have an array of ADRs, but the big question is: The night of our anniversary.

Plan 1: Not plan anything that evening and just wander around EPCOT world showcase with a stop in France (we got engaged at THE Eiffel Tower) and grab some food while we wander.

Plan 2: Well, maybe we should make an ADR. So we looked at a few options.
- Victoria & Alberts: Decided it was too fancy for what we wanted that night.
- Artists Point: DH decided against the menu
- Narcoosee's prior to fireworks: Decided we are going to watch from the beach at Poly. (Sounds romantic to me.)

Newest option: Yatchsman Steakhouse

We THINK it's a little nicer than not. Not too fancy. We both like the menu. The Yacht Club is pretty. Just might be the end of our spinning.

So... Thoughts? Am I done spinning? Do you think this is a nice place for a nice, not stuffy, adult dinner?

Thank you!

- Dreams

We enjoyed Narcoossee's. Could definitely be romantic. How about Jiko? We haven't tried it yet, but a good friend who is very particular (not picky, just very distinct opinions) loves it. And even my very un-Disney DH loved AKL the other night when we did Boma--it's actually pretty dark and romantic too. Although after doing the Wishes cruise last night, I'd rather grab sushi to go from Kona and go out cruising!! Sooooo wonderful!!

I've not been, but have heard great things about the Yachtclub. I agree- you should make ADR.
I second Jiko- AKL is very special, Jiko is intimate and warm. Afterward, you can walk and see the animals or sit by the fire. AKL, however, is a bit out of the way.

Another option we like is The Wave in the Contemporary.

Happy anniversary!:flower3:

Have you looked into flying fish? We thought the food was excellent and enjoyed walking around the boardwalk watching the entertainers afterwards ( which you could also do from yachtmans)

Two adults and you want steak? I'd got to Shulas. It's better than YSH and a more adult atmosphere.

I'd definitely say go for the Yachtsman. We've always had great meals there and the atmosphere is very nice, but not stuffy.

Yachtsman would be a nice dinner. Watching the fireworks from the beach at the Poly is very romantic. Doing both in the same evening is not going to work out so well; there's that decidedly un-romantic bus ride from YC to MK and then monorail or boat to the Poly. Eats up a bunch of time, too.

If watching Wishes is part of the anniversary night plans then I think you need to stay with dinner at a monorail resort. How about Ohana at the Poly (which, despite the periodic kids games, can be romantic - just ask for a table out of the main traffic flow)(and getting a Lapu Lapu to drink makes anything more romantic)? Not a character meal at dinner, good food and a good variety all brought to you rather than buffet, and only 1 TS credit if you're on a meal plan. Or for a more upscale experience, Narcoossees (Signature = 2 credits) at the GF - and you can watch Wishes either from your table or on the deck outside.

Another option: look at the menu for Boatwrights in POR (1 TS credit). I am not a Cajun-spice fan and the beef tenderloin entree is perfect for me while my DH can pick something with some heat to it. The point of dinner here is to reserve a half-hour horse-drawn carriage ride through the extensive POR grounds for immediately after dinner (and you are allowed to bring adult beverages on that, too). No direct fireworks views but a very romantic evening in a lush setting.

We had our anniversary dinner at Yatchman 2 years ago. We really have enjoyed our meals there and never had anything to complain. It's one of our favorite. We also love California grill. Those are by far our favorite.

Have you thought about the California Grill? I love the fireworks display from that vantage point.

I must say that I like YS and would dine there in a heartbeat but it sounds to me like you want to see the fireworks display that night. It also sounds like you want a romantic meal.

Hi! Congrats on your anniversary! I think Yachtsman sounds lovely for your trip, but I would skip dessert and head on to the bakery in France to pick up some decadent desserts to share [you can have them boxed up to take with you back to your room]. To me, that sounds like a wonderfully romantic night! [I can't recommend the napoleon there highly enough - pure fabulousness!]

If it were me, I would most definitely pick the Yachtsman as my dining choice, but location would have me favoring Illuminations over wishes from the beach. :confused3

Artist Point is a romantic place in evenings. Get a window seat.

Narcossee's would be good also.

Pakey said:
Two adults and you want steak? I'd got to Shulas. It's better than YSH and a more adult atmosphere.

That was where we had our anniversary dinner last month. Yum

We ate at YSH last month and it was very good. But if you are not on the DDP Shula's is better at the same price.

:) I have to agree with Cali Grill during FW. The show is pipped in and they dim the lights. There is also the observation deck just out from the restuarant. Filet of beef is spectacular, as is the goat cheese ravioli, flatbreds, delicious wine, fabulous bananas foster dessert thingy....we go every trip. You will be full so plan for a taxi (if you aren't driving)--bell services will call one for you.

Pick a nice spot, but be sure to let them know it is a special occasion. DW and I spent our 20th there, had dinner at Tutto they brought out champain and a special dessert. Very touching.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter