Sienna/8 person van from Alamo at MCO?

AvasMommy

Earning My Ears
Hi! Has anyone recently gotten a Sienna from Alamo at MCO? Or if you reserved one and it wasn't available, what did you end up with? We're traveling with 4 adults and 3 car seats, plus luggage, so I'm mentally preparing!

We have an 8 person van/Sienna reserved from Alamo through Costco. Neither Costco nor Alamo shows an 8 person van as available anymore, even for dates later in the year. I've both called and emailed Alamo and can't get a straight answer. I can rebook my Costco reservation for a standard van for about $200 less than the 8 person van, but I'd rather have the Sienna. However, I'm going to be disappointed and annoyed if I get there and end up in a standard van anyway. Thanks!

Hi! Has anyone recently gotten a Sienna from Alamo at MCO? Or if you reserved one and it wasn't available, what did you end up with? We're traveling with 4 adults and 3 car seats, plus luggage, so I'm mentally preparing!

We have an 8 person van/Sienna reserved from Alamo through Costco. Neither Costco nor Alamo shows an 8 person van as available anymore, even for dates later in the year. I've both called and emailed Alamo and can't get a straight answer. I can rebook my Costco reservation for a standard van for about $200 less than the 8 person van, but I'd rather have the Sienna. However, I'm going to be disappointed and annoyed if I get there and end up in a standard van anyway. Thanks!
An 8 passenger van basically just puts a bench in the middle row, right (instead of captains chairs)? I think you're going to be crowded regardless. You might need to strap some luggage to the roof.

your seating is going to be 2 in front and 3 in each of the 2 back rows. unless you plan on all carseats in the middle row plan on having to get to back row to fasten child in seat and all 3 in middle row most likely will not work as some of those seats will have to fold to let back row exit the van. that is something I would check and I would check one out at either a dealer or someone who has one. hopefully one of adults is small to put one between carseat in one row or in third with one carseat. I do not know the Sienna van but most vans do not have a lot of room in the back for a lot of luggage. room wise I would prefer the standard van with extra row of seats where you could store luggage as needed

Did you deserve a Sienna, or a "Sienna or similar? " Does Alamo actually guarantee a specific model?

Last year we ended up with a Pacifica which seated 8 (8 seat belts). We managed 4 suitcases. I’ve noticed 8 passenger minivans don’t show up anymore.

We rented a Mini Van from Alamo. 4 adults and three teenagers. 7 bags of carry on luggage. We'll make it fit. If we can fit 4 hockey bags in the back of one, we'll fit 7 luggage bags. We figure two 22 inch bags equal one hockey bag full of equipment.

Alamo has the Sienna in a separate row labelled "Specialty". Rest assured, there will be one for your reservation. Either that or a Pacifica which also seats 8.

Sam Gordon, the Sienna has the most cargo space and the most width of any minivan period. Equal to the Suburban in cargo and only slightly narrower in width believe it or not. I've fitted 7 adults and 10 large suitcases in the Sienna before with stacking easily.

I have an 8 passenger Sienna and like someone said it just has a little insert to make the 2nd row a bench seat. Unless it's a newer model, and things have changed, you may be limited in where you can install the seats because they didn't put anchors in all seating locations (for a forward facing carseat) There is only one spot in the back row and then the 2 captains chairs in the middle. And unless you have very slim fitting car seats I wouldn't bother with trying to use the insert to make it an 8 passenger as there just isn't much of any room left. If you are rear facing the seats you have more options.

For us when we have 4 adults in the car 2 sit in the last row with my oldest son in his booster seat and my twins are in their car seats in the middle row with the other two adults up front. We've never used the middle row insert.

I have triplets and used to own an 8 passenger Sienna.

We traveled many times with 8 people in the van (3 car seats and 5 adults).

Your best configuration is going to be putting one of the car seats in the rear row on the passenger side of the van and the other two car seats in the middle row, leaving the driver side middle row seat for an adult passenger so that seat can be used for the rear passengers to exit and enter the rear row.

If you are "large" adults, it will be a little tight for the 3rd row passengers, but it will be manageable for short trips around WDW.

Your main concern is going to be with luggage. How many suitcases are you planning on bringing? In order to maximize space in the rear cargo area, you're going to have to keep the 3rd row seats pretty upright. I would say you'll be able to fit maybe a max of 3 large suitcases back there, depending on how you arrange things, and possibly add some smaller duffel/overnight bags on top of the large suitcases.

We have rented 8 passenger from Alamo at both MCO (2) and Port Canaveral (2) and they went "unavailable" every single time as we travel during busy periods. We always received an 8 passenger van, always a Sienna though we have also seen the Pacifica, just never been given it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter